Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 06:08 AM   #16
Woland
Wannabe adventurer

Oddometer: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeant Joe View Post
I have to ride to work somtimes from the middle of Tasmania to Hobart at around 5:30am in winter! (one hour ride).
I ride in ice, snow, rain and hail but the fog..... set of for work one morning got about five K down the road doing about 80km/h in good visability, came through a cutout in a hill and hit a wall of thick fog on the other side! instant fog up of both visor and glasses = whiteout!.
lost site of the road and the next thing I know is hitting the ground with force!. I had drifted across the oncoming lane and somehow I had let the bike tip over on it's right side!(chrash bars rule) my sholder took most of the impact and still gives me pain to this day.
damage = broken indicator mirror and pride.
Only time I purposefully looked for a truck with its backside full of over-sized rear lights was last year when I hit really dense fog 250km's from home late at night. Fog is brutal and no fun at all.
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #17
troidus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
Only time I purposefully looked for a truck with its backside full of over-sized rear lights was last year when I hit really dense fog 250km's from home late at night. Fog is brutal and no fun at all.
I did that once back in the early 80s on the way into Tulsa. Thick fog in the Arkansas river valley, so bad I could barely see the fog line on the shoulder or the lights on the back of the truck. I hoped that he was sitting above the fog and could see, because if he'd driven off the cliff, I would have gone off right behind him.

Nova Scotia is another place I've been with thick fog. They have signs posted to run your hazards if you're rolling at less than 45 km/h or so in the fog. I was and did.
troidus is offline   Reply With Quote