Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 11:39 PM   #14581
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper770 View Post
Im from the usa and live in the USA but like Canada a lot made a few trips up there so to be different i thought it look good with a Canadian flag on my WR250R all my friends give me crap but i tell them to go stuff it lol
Surprised they haven't shot it full of holes yet.
bross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:13 AM   #14582
windmills
Gnearly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Sorry for the long post...
greasy rider, I had the same thing happen to me.
Don't know if you have got this sorted with your dealer yet, but there is a new update available now that sorts this all out.
I had mine done on tuesday and its all good now. If you are still waiting around go and give your dealer a kick.

Good luck.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:42 AM   #14583
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vzuke View Post
I bought a set of Dunlop Trailmax TR-91's. Nice looking tire, DEEP tread on the rear, should last awhile. I had to measure the tread depth, it was 8MM or about 5/16".
The rear Heidenau K60 has 12mm .....

Now they DO last a long time.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #14584
The Mountain
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Thumbs down Bailing out

Well, after waiting and waiting, Triumph seems to have fizzled out for the time being here in India. They've put their CKD pipeline on hold after the departure of the India head, Joshi. They've also recently shown signs of wavering on the originally-low prices, and they're having a difficult time lining up dealers. They've pushed back their debut from late 2012 now to 2013, and I've heard noises about 2014. As such, unfortunately, this means I have lost most of my confidence in Triumph in being able to survive here, and I consider it likely that of the bikes they do bring, the Tiger will not be one as it was the bike they seemed least confident about. So, sorry, but I'm going to give up on the Tiger, and focus on a big bike with a little more history and support here.
The Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #14585
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,361
Quote:
Im from the usa and live in the USA but like Canada a lot made a few trips up there so to be different i thought it look good with a Canadian flag on my WR250R all my friends give me crap but i tell them to go stuff it lol
Very jealous of the WR
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #14586
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
Ducnut - I would swear that the boxes are exactly symmetrical as it looks like they are from the rear, but when I measured them the right side smaller box was 21 inches out from center, and the left side bigger box was 20 1/2 inches out from center. I understand what you are talking about and agree. You can't see the half inch when looking at the bike. I'm just borrowing the silver boxes from the dealer until the all black ones that I ordered come in. I looked at both colors on the bike, and prefer the look of the black boxes.
Thank you, for the response. That's close enough, for me.

I agree. The black boxes will look better. I'm impressed your dealer even stocks TraX.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #14587
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,429
You mean like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
Thank you, for the response. That's close enough, for me.

I agree. The black boxes will look better. I'm impressed your dealer even stocks TraX.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #14588
markbvt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,674
Quote:

I'm with you, I've developed a real appreciation and fondness for Canada. Even Quebec.

Of course, I only live 20 miles from the border...

--mark

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more

Bennington Triumph Bash, May 30-June 1, 2014
markbvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #14589
Snapper
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,498
One of my Gerbings gloves failed after 6 years of use, sent them in and got a brand new pair - lifetime heating element warranties are good. Jacket liner is still going.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #14590
live2ridetahoe
RN

Oddometer: 1,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
One of my Gerbings gloves failed after 6 years of use, sent them in and got a brand new pair - lifetime heating element warranties are good. Jacket liner is still going.
Wrong forum....
live2ridetahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:19 AM   #14591
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mountain View Post
Well, after waiting and waiting, Triumph seems to have fizzled out for the time being here in India. They've put their CKD pipeline on hold after the departure of the India head, Joshi. They've also recently shown signs of wavering on the originally-low prices, and they're having a difficult time lining up dealers. They've pushed back their debut from late 2012 now to 2013, and I've heard noises about 2014. As such, unfortunately, this means I have lost most of my confidence in Triumph in being able to survive here, and I consider it likely that of the bikes they do bring, the Tiger will not be one as it was the bike they seemed least confident about. So, sorry, but I'm going to give up on the Tiger, and focus on a big bike with a little more history and support here.
That's a shame.
I do realise that India is a strange nut to crack. Is it still the case that a manufacturer has to have a factory in India in order to operate? That always was the case, hence the reason that Enfields and Morris Oxfords are still made there. Those companies had to set up a factory to make the product in India and so, when the parent company went tits up, the Indian facility continued.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:05 AM   #14592
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2ridetahoe View Post
Wrong forum....
If you go back a couple pages, you'll find a discussion, by Tiger owners, on Gerbing's gear.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:30 AM   #14593
The Mountain
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
That's a shame.
I do realise that India is a strange nut to crack. Is it still the case that a manufacturer has to have a factory in India in order to operate? That always was the case, hence the reason that Enfields and Morris Oxfords are still made there. Those companies had to set up a factory to make the product in India and so, when the parent company went tits up, the Indian facility continued.
No, bikes can now be imported even if the maker has no facility here. Ducati is one that is diong so. Triumph was/is going to set up a facility here, mainly to assemble the CKD bikes they brought in. I think the main problem they're facing is that, even with pricing in line with other markets (unlike bikes that are direct-imported, which face a 104% customs duty) they are probably having a hard time developing enough market interest to justify selling bikes. The market for bikes even in the $8000-$10000 range is pretty slim, since most bikes cost well under $2000. Since Harley, Suzuki, Honda, and Yamaha already have a strong presence here, they've probably got the "big-bike" market pretty well sewn up.
The Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #14594
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,069
Check your muffler nuts folks. My riding buddy noticed my can was loose about 30 miles from home. I just tightened the fastener in August.

"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #14595
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
Check your muffler nuts folks.
Thanks, I'll check it today.