Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 09:13 AM   #661
Paebr332
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamick View Post
I took a small detour on my way home from Oil City, a few weeks ago. Hello MSF.

Rode through from the north heading south. Didn't pay attention to road names, some were paved others not.
That sign is about a mile from my house. I love living in Michaux.
Paebr332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #662
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Seems my schedule has unexpectedly opened up for the 20th, so I now plan on riding both Michaux rides (20th and 27th) and could be talked into going for a ride just about any day in October or November!

Jeff (SoPa)
SoPaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #663
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Here's my two cents on putting together any up coming fall rides in Michaux. As for a location to meet, since we'll have riders traveling to Michaux coming in from all directions, how about meeting somewhere in the middle, say the Rutter's Farm Store at the intersection of U.S. Route 30 and PA Route 997. There you can fill up your tank, get something to eat or drink (for then or later) or use the restrooms. If your interested in having a sit down breakfast before the ride, the Flamingo Family Restaurant (http://flamingofamilyrestaurantllc.com) is just up the road from Rutter's and serves breakfast starting at 5:30 A.M. Monday thru Saturday and at 6:30 A.M. on Sunday. As for a time to start the ride, that will depend on everyones schedules, so if your planning on riding on either the 20th or the 27th, post up and let everyone know how early you can be at the starting point we decide on and ready to ride, then we'll decide on a departure time that will suit everyone, I can be wherever we decide to meet as early as you want. If we decide to meet at the Rutter's in Fayetteville (Greenwood), we can then choose which direction (north or south) to head toward first, there are plenty of gas stations, convenience stores, restrooms, places to eat, parks, etc., whichever way we choose. Just sayin'!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #664
TowPro
Healing time Sucks

Oddometer: 2,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoPaRider View Post
. If we decide to meet at the Rutter's in Fayetteville (Greenwood), we can then choose which direction (north or south) to head toward first, there are plenty of gas stations, convenience stores, restrooms, places to eat, parks, etc., whichever way we choose. Just sayin'!

I would also be interested in what people are riding. I can bring the F800, or the TE250 (jeff, I might have to park at your house if I bring the TE).
I have no idea of the fuel range of the TE250. It holds 1.9 gallons, it has highway gearing (15 x 50) , but I have heard of people getting less then 50 miles in "off road race" conditions.

If one weekend is smaller bikes, then that is what I will bring, if the other weekend is larger bikes, then that is what I will bring.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #665
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

TowPro:

The longest of my 15 dual sport routes is 77.4 miles from the Sunoco gas station in Scotland to the Sheetz in Mount Holly Springs. I can squeeze 100 miles out of my DR441's, 2.4 gallon tank and I carry another gallon with me, so I should have your Husky covered or anyone else with a small tank and range, plus there are numerous other places to get fuel along the route/routes as well. If your trucking or trailering your bike to Michaux and need a place to park your rig, you can do so at our place, just PM me and I'll send you directions.

SoPa
Old 10-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #666
turbojerk
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Went for a ride late this afternoon and found this. Anyone know what this is (was)??

Thanks
T

turbojerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #667
Denny Mann
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
http://www.nb.net/~beulah/webmaster/michaux.htm will fill you in.
Denny Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #668
foxtrapper
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 608
I don't understand meeting in the middle, that would have us going out and turning back shortly to go the other way. If we meet at one end, we can ride through to the other. There's little at Mt Holly Springs for breakfast, that's why I suggested meeting at the south end, Waynsboro. I'd suggested 10:00, and that I'd be there at 9:00, at the McDonalds. There's certainly gas in Waynsboro, and if the weather is cold and we truck bikes in, we can find a spot to leave the trucks and trailers.
foxtrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #669
turbojerk
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny Mann View Post
no workie??
turbojerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #670
Denny Mann
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
TRY http://www.schaeffersite.com/michaux/
Denny Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #671
Bearcat
burg1

Oddometer: 103
I've been a lurker here for awhile and since I'm staying in East Berlin Pa. until Nov., and do a lot of riding in and around the Michaux SF and the Apple Country of Adams County I though I would post a few pictures of my ride on Monday 10/8/12. Unfourtnatley my Burgman 650 doesn't handle the dirt too well but I have fun on the "easy" parts. Hope I'm not busting in on a private thread.

Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #672
Ovoidious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
The WW II stuff peaked my interest and I went surfing: Found this: http://www.47ir.com/2012MichauxTactical.html
Old 10-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #673
JaxObsessed OP
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 10,181
No worries Bearcat!!! Welcome aboard!!!
There are lots of places your Burg could go, just depends on your comfort level. Letting some air out of your tires also helps get rid of the floating feeling. Try it, you'll feel more stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I've been a lurker here for awhile and since I'm staying in East Berlin Pa. until Nov., and do a lot of riding in and around the Michaux SF and the Apple Country of Adams County I though I would post a few pictures of my ride on Monday 10/8/12. Unfourtnatley my Burgman 650 doesn't handle the dirt too well but I have fun on the "easy" parts. Hope I'm not busting in on a private thread.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #674
TowPro
Healing time Sucks

Oddometer: 2,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Everyone is welcome! Not sure about the Dirt though. We (motorcycles) are not allowed on the Dirt, just roads open to any licenses vehicle

I will be there either Sunday or Monday. White F800, 2 up. Driver has yellow/orange jacket on
Old 10-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #675
Bearcat
burg1

Oddometer: 103
Thanks for the welcome. At 73 Yrs old my comfort level I'm sure is less than most of you (no dirt) Are most of the service roads hard packed or they loose gravel? Burgers don't like loose gravel. So far I haven't tried any of the service roads, just paved, which limits my riding up there, plenty of nice twistys in apple country though.

Bearcat screwed with this post 10-11-2012 at 11:20 AM
Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote