Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #91
GingerKid
How about that self...

Oddometer: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
Nice job Sara! Thanks for that....I've got to get around to mine. Got some carnage to share.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drc42 View Post
Cool video Sarah.

Did any of you who were behind me on SS2 get a shot of me lying at the side of the road? Just wondering.

Recovery from my crash is going to be long. Surgery took 6 hours or so of reconstructing most ligaments and cartilage. No bone damage or nerve damage. I should heal. Going to be a couple weeks in a drug induced fog then 6 to 9 months of pt. But I should be walking somewhat in 6-8 weeks. Right now all I can manage is hobbling to the bathroom on crutches a few time a day. Brain rather foggy. Hope sanity ... mine and my wife's... holds out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks all! Get better soon Doug! Sounds like a huge bummer :(

Check out my riding/racing videos!! http://www.youtube.com/user/Hastyp3a...ew=0&flow=grid
GingerKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #92
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,240
Hey Doug, I have video of you, and you don't look happy. Thought about whether to add it in my video or not. I'll do my best to get it up here asap. Sorry to hear about the surgery, keep us posted.

Quote:
Cool video Sarah.

Did any of you who were behind me on SS2 get a shot of me lying at the side of the road? Just wondering.

Recovery from my crash is going to be long. Surgery took 6 hours or so of reconstructing most ligaments and cartilage. No bone damage or nerve damage. I should heal. Going to be a couple weeks in a drug induced fog then 6 to 9 months of pt. But I should be walking somewhat in 6-8 weeks. Right now all I can manage is hobbling to the bathroom on crutches a few time a day. Brain rather foggy. Hope sanity ... mine and my wife's... holds out.

hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #93
M.A.G.
I heart Penalties

Oddometer: 1,010
Doug, sorry to hear that. Hang in there. No way it will take you 6-9 months to get back at it. No way. You will be back in the saddle a lot sooner than you think. You may be a little slower ( I speak from experience ), but you'll be back soon.
M.A.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #94
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.G. View Post
Doug, sorry to hear that. Hang in there. No way it will take you 6-9 months to get back at it. No way. You will be back in the saddle a lot sooner than you think. You may be a little slower ( I speak from experience ), but you'll be back soon.

Doug is just using this as an excuse to buckle down and focus on his end goal of competing in the Dakar. i suspect that right now he is putting together a regimented training plan to reabilitate his wounds and convert his body into a well toned riding machine. During this down time he will be ordering the rally kit for the 450 and researching the locations of the nearest MX track where he can start riding laps at for endurance training. I suspect that he will use the down time to research the dietary needs and start building a proper training menu. I'd wager in about 3 months Douglas Chapman will not be recognizable by any of us...and not in a unibomber kind of way but in an arnold schwarzenager (sp be damned) kind of way.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #95
drc42
Rally Dreamer

Oddometer: 1,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
Doug is just using this as an excuse to buckle down and focus on his end goal of competing in the Dakar. i suspect that right now he is putting together a regimented training plan to reabilitate his wounds and convert his body into a well toned riding machine. During this down time he will be ordering the rally kit for the 450 and researching the locations of the nearest MX track where he can start riding laps at for endurance training. I suspect that he will use the down time to research the dietary needs and start building a proper training menu. I'd wager in about 3 months Douglas Chapman will not be recognizable by any of us...and not in a unibomber kind of way but in an arnold schwarzenager (sp be damned) kind of way.
I have been having a few thoughts like these. I think some of that may be due to the narcotics. But... in order to get my knee back it will require total dedication to the PT. If I can extend that to the rest of my body I can be in much better shape than before.

As far as the bike I already had some stuff on the way to prep it for the Tuareg so yeah will be doing a lot of rally prep over the winter. The Tuareg is out of course but there will be other rallies.

I don't plan on being in riding shape for Sandblast but I am planning on going down and volunteering. Hope to see a bunch of you there!

Old 10-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #96
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
I have been having a few thoughts like these. I think some of that may be due to the narcotics. But... in order to get my knee back it will require total dedication to the PT. If I can extend that to the rest of my body I can be in much better shape than before.

As far as the bike I already had some stuff on the way to prep it for the Tuareg so yeah will be doing a lot of rally prep over the winter. The Tuareg is out of course but there will be other rallies.

I don't plan on being in riding shape for Sandblast but I am planning on going down and volunteering. Hope to see a bunch of you there!

I'll see you there, looking forward to shaking the 690 down for the MX1k.
Volunteering for registration was fun!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #97
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Oddometer: 10,116
Quote:
Nice job Sara! Thanks for that....I've got to get around to mine. Got some carnage to share.
Wow what a great video of a fast rider haulin' the mail!
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #98
GingerKid
How about that self...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Wow what a great video of a fast rider haulin' the mail!
Thank you for the kind words! :)

Check out my riding/racing videos!! http://www.youtube.com/user/Hastyp3a...ew=0&flow=grid
Old 10-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #99
GingerKid
How about that self...

Fast Forward to about 78:30-ish. Pretty cool stuff because he interviews people like Robby Gordon and Ken Block.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/downand...s-marty-fiolka

Old 10-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #100
scholz
bush league

Oddometer: 54
Great time rippin up some gravel with everyone. Get better doug!
scholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #101
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,240
Ok, my first attempt at editing. sorry about the sound.

hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #102
drc42
Rally Dreamer

Oddometer: 1,828
thanks for posting. Amazing how simple that corner I wiped out on looks on video Was going frame by frame to look at where the bike was, appears the bike flew a ways after I hit the tree.

I believe the spot where you dropped is right where I did almost the identical thing last year. The road looks like it goes one way then goes the other, I got a little momentum going the wrong way and basically fell over.

Looks like you could really use some more light for night stages!!!
Old 10-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #103
GingerKid
How about that self...

Quote:
Ok, my first attempt at editing. sorry about the sound.

Very cool! Bummer about the lay down. Glad you were ok, I didn't fare so well last year after my crash on Goose Pond out.