http://www.novuspolish.com/store.html
Old 10-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #14822
hontri
Global Bummer!

Oddometer: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRPsa View Post
Got a Q for you okes.
My sidepanels have some light scuffing marks from a Giant Loop bag on, which I tried to polish out with 'Brasso', a brass-polishing liquid which I have used on perspex before with good effect.
Not now on this soft plastic! All I got is a non-shining surface all over, not matt but dulled, and the marks are still quite visible.
How do I do better, ie remove the marks and get my shiny panels back?
I use break cleaning fluid on my WHITE side panels.Rub really well and it takes almost everything off.Give it a shot of plastic polish and good to go.( they won't be stock shiny though)
hontri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #14823
supernick
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Got a Q for you okes.
My sidepanels have some light scuffing marks from a Giant Loop bag on, which I tried to polish out with 'Brasso', a brass-polishing liquid which I have used on perspex before with good effect.
Not now on this soft plastic! All I got is a non-shining surface all over, not matt but dulled, and the marks are still quite visible.

Pull the blade. Flat clean plastic (to keep the blade perpendicular to the surface). With the aid of a *dryer to heat the plastic to shine. Be careful.

All protests by referring Google translate

supernick screwed with this post 10-06-2012 at 09:44 AM
supernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #14824
BuRPsa
Finally growing up..

Oddometer: 548
Thanks for the - quite varying, you daredevil Nick - advice. Seen some el cheapo plastic polish tubes somewhere, never tried them yet - I should though.
BuRPsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #14825
rpmwfo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renazco View Post
Dunno yet but I'm estimating 3 times that going by memory of what a Joe Racer e-start used to cost.

I don't really know what the actual weight will end up being since the new Lithium batteries will shave a few pounds off.

Me too, if the price is similar to what Baja used to sell them for. I don't want to pay more then the next guy but there is a lot involved when putting these things together.

I'll keep you all posted on weight and price as soon as I know more.
In the meantime, mine kicks over first kick every time, it's when it's vertical, hot out and your exhausted that makes you want the e-start.
I would be interested. Depends on price and weight.
2003 ZX12R
2013 KTM RC8R
rpmwfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #14826
slickwill
Exhiled

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
You're trying to shine the side panels on what is essentially a dirt bike? I thought my OCD was bad.

I'd better not post pics of my side panels.
slickwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #14827
clutchLEVERS
chasing summers

Oddometer: 1
Knocking sound..

I have a 2002. As I was attempting the utbdr, everything was going great. Day 4 a knocking sound started at idle and while I was riding. I continued to ride. The bike ended up bogging out and wouldn't go over 40mph. After towing it back home. Tore the bike apart. Thought it was the cam. Replaced the cam. Had work done on all 4 valves after getting a compression test. So the top end is in great shape now. Started it up and the knocking is still the same. What in the bottom end could it be? My buddy suggested the crank. I'm not the best with bikes. Any advice would help.
clutchLEVERS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #14828
bamfslap
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwill View Post
You're trying to shine the side panels on what is essentially a dirt bike? I thought my OCD was bad.

I'd better not post pics of my side panels.
Nothing wrong with wanting it to look nice. Especially if he drives it in town. My friend rides an XR600 to work and parked in in the front on the side walk. The thing is definitely not a looker. Always dirty, and scratched up plastics, he refuses to make it look nice. His manager told him he couldn't park it in front anymore. I wasn't surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchLEVERS View Post
I have a 2002. As I was attempting the utbdr, everything was going great. Day 4 a knocking sound started at idle and while I was riding. I continued to ride. The bike ended up bogging out and wouldn't go over 40mph. After towing it back home. Tore the bike apart. Thought it was the cam. Replaced the cam. Had work done on all 4 valves after getting a compression test. So the top end is in great shape now. Started it up and the knocking is still the same. What in the bottom end could it be? My buddy suggested the crank. I'm not the best with bikes. Any advice would help.
Check the clutch/adjusters?

My clutch knocks but it's been doing that for years. Maybe yours is slipping...
bamfslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #14829
crypto666
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchLEVERS View Post
Connecting rod.
crypto666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #14830
crypto666
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,114
Quote:
Got a Q for you okes.

What, you got a date or something? Put your hello kitty sticker over it, and call it good. Hey, did you ever get that pink fur to stick your rims? I really think it needs more sparkles.

Put the god damn bag back on that piece shit and ride it. My panels were new in 2002, and look they look fucking spectacular.

Btw, I don't think this bike has ever got anyone a piece of ass.
crypto666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #14831
RalphyDo
Banned

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto666 View Post

Btw, I don't think this bike has ever got anyone a piece of ass.

Of course it has not gotten any "A" piece of ass......... "a" piece would mean only 1 when the XRR is obviously capable of getting its' owner many, many pieces!
RalphyDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #14832
BuRPsa
Finally growing up..

Oddometer: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphyDo View Post
... when the XRR is obviously capable of getting its' owner many, many pieces!
Doubt that also actually, think you need a Harley for that. But I'm sure it'll get mine a few times, they all do sooner or later And, after a few off's one doesn't notice the damage anymore, but until then I'll keep it neat, nothing wrong with.
BuRPsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #14833
medisyn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Bike is starting fairly easy now and as I rode it into work the wheel got off the ground as I darted into the commute lane.

I am still seeing a few issues. Sometimes I still get a loud backfire when kicking it over. Scares the crap out of the dog.

I am still getting some popping on de-accel, but other than that it seems like its running great.

Man so much fun to ride to work. I get a lot of WTF looks from people.
medisyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #14834
supernick
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
My friend won fifth place in the Russian Supermoto Championship 2012

supernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #14835
slickwill
Exhiled

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernick View Post
My friend won fifth place in the Russian Supermoto Championship 2012
That bike looks so out of place racing supermoto...which is what I did with mine this weekend

slickwill is offline   Reply With Quote