ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #1171
LocuL
Gnarly Infantry
 
LocuL's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Denmark - Jutland
Oddometer: 1,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Pig View Post


Damn, is that because of the cc, or is a bike considered a luxury item?


And I bitch about the 6.7% we have here in Colorado.

Sorry didn´t get around this one. Nope Denmark have one of the highest tax in the world. Strangely enough we all ways get the "most happy country in world". Regarding tax MC and cars are 180%.

When the orange crush get settled with this new big baby in a couple of years and it get accepted by the John Rambo crowd. I think with some new fiberglass front and suspension it will be an evil bike. And again at that time the forenamed Rambo crowd will drool over the new machine from austria to battle the 7-800ccm crowd.
__________________
KTM 950(1190) Adv-s, Soon to be Project 1190
KTM 530 EXC-R 08
LocuL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #1172
Balsta
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Chilly Northern Europe
Oddometer: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocuL View Post
....Regarding tax MC and cars are 180%.
Colorado 6.7 % VAT
Germany 19 %
Sweden 25 %
Denmark 180 %

Can't you see it's simply directly related to the population density? Colorado may carry plenty more vehicles while Denmark would become an always still standing traffic jam if the VAT was at least religiously acceptable.
__________________
950 SE -06 with 2009 SDR 130 hp motor (but carbed...120 hp?)
Balsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #1173
dog'meat
Presidient
 
dog'meat's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Cromagna
Oddometer: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by what car?? View Post
seems way too street oriented for my taste. Doesn't look like there's much to protect that front part of the engine. Tire size change to more street orientation, big ol' fat can exhaust, also more hp doesn't mean it's better, also looks too bmw'ish, i like my dirt bike on steroids better.... It looks pretty good, but i'll keep my dirt oriented 2010 adv bike for a long time to come thanks....
+1
__________________
"I think of a man, and take away reason and accountability...", - Melvin Udall
KTM 990 Adventure R 2012 - KTM 640 Adventure 2007
__________________________
Mexico City, Xilitla, Aquismon, the Cave, the River and the Shangrila...
Mexico City, Cuetzalan, Nautla, Veracruz
dog'meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:46 AM   #1174
MDMcDuff
n00b
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: UK England Northern Zone
Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOGOI View Post
100 % Agree. Great post (from a noob ).

.
only the account is new , everything else is old and creaky
shud'ave got my old one restarted, but forgot the relevant access details/email etc..
MDMcDuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:58 AM   #1175
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Paulvt1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Wolverhampton. England.
Oddometer: 3,469
I'm another Super Ten owner who has this bike on his radar. Looking forward to the test ride.
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #1176
YOGOI
Prick
 
YOGOI's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Logan, Utah
Oddometer: 3,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMcDuff View Post
only the account is new , everything else is old and creaky
__________________
Any bike can be taken off road. The question is; How much fun did you have doing it?

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #1177
M.Mars
híppos leukós
 
M.Mars's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Croatia-Morocco-NYC
Oddometer: 202



yeah definitely getting the R version ... and Giant Loop no hard luggage
__________________
2004 KTM 950 Adventure S
1974 CB(CR) 750 (work in progress)
2001 Italjet Dragster 50
M.Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #1178
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer
 
umitc's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Istanbul
Oddometer: 318
Finally I have seen them in the exhibition. The adveture version had sockets connected on top of the forks; I guess that they are related to the electronic suspension. :-)))
I hope that they do something better looking at the real production; according to the info, they will start the production in february. I couldn't see where the radiator fan is located.
Hope that it is at a better place. All at all, I liked the bike; I am hoping to buy one.
umitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #1179
nordicbiker
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Near Stockholm, Sweden
Oddometer: 135
What the hack do you need 175hp for? Or 150?

Yes, this again will be a nice bike (just like the 990 I sold three weeks ago) for long distance touring, but when the going gets rough, horsepower doesn't help, but low weight does! The new 1190 is still the lightest in it's class, ok, congratulations for KTM for that. But...

Yesterday I was doing over 300km on forrest roads and tractor paths and ended up on a former railway track just before sunset. The path was almost totally overgrown with high grass and small bushes. Never ever would I have even thougt about getting in there with the 990, if I get stuck I will have a hell of a time to get it turned around. The 690 Enduro R I bought some three weeks ago is around 80kg lighter and I can easily manouver it! What a pleasure to ride this bike under difficult conditions, not once during those first 2000km I have done on it felt I ever unsave! And folks, almost 70hp is perfectly enough!

So yes, I also like the new 1190, but c'on, a really adventure bike is something else!

And still the power battle between the big manufacturers continues. Hopefull one day one will realize that this is NOT what a lot of people want. We have seen something similar in the marktet of digital cameras, where the marketing people dictated to the engineers that folks only want more pixels. Then some small manufacturers realized that a lot of advanced users don't want that at all, and now we have some really nice cams on the market, like the Fuji X10! Hopefully the same thing happens soons for motorcycles. Building a 690 Adventure only requires three things: a real tough back frame for mounting luggage, a larger (front) tank and some fairing. Job done, sells like warm bread!
__________________
www.nordicbiker.se

nordicbiker screwed with this post 10-07-2012 at 10:11 AM
nordicbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #1180
Scutty
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Oddometer: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicbiker View Post
Hopefully one day one will realize that this is NOT what a lot of people want
Let me correct that for you:

"Hopefully one day one will realize that this is NOT what a lot of people on ADVRider want"

Because if you ride around Europe or look at worldwide sales figures, what KTM have made with the 1190 is exactly what a LOT of people want.
__________________
My bike anthology: BMW G450X, BMW R1200GSA LC, KTM 690 Enduro R, Yamaha WR250R, Yamaha XT600E, KTM 990 SM-T, Ducati Diavel, Kawasaki Z1000, Suzuki SV1000, Kawasaki Zx7-R, Honda VFR800, Honda CBR600F, Yamaha RD350, Yamaha DT175, Honda CM125, Kawasaki AR125, Kawasaki AE50 - wow I have owned a lot of bikes
Scutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #1181
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: On a RTW ride - currently Central Asia
Oddometer: 5,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicbiker View Post
What the hack do you need 175hp for? Or 150?

Yes, this again will be a nice bike (just like the 990 I sold three weeks ago) for long distance touring, but when the going gets rough, horsepower doesn't help, but low weight does! The new 1190 is still the lightest in it's class, ok, congratulations for KTM for that. But...

Yesterday I was doing over 300km on forrest roads and tractor paths and ended up on a former railway track just before sunset. The path was almost totally overgrown with high grass and small bushes. Never ever would I have even thougt about getting in there with the 990, if I get stuck I will have a hell of a time to get it turned around. The 690 Enduro R I bought some three weeks ago is around 80kg lighter and I can easily manouver it! What a pleasure to ride this bike under difficult conditions, not once during those first 2000km I have done on it felt I ever unsave! And folks, almost 70hp is perfectly enough!

So yes, I also like the new 1190, but c'on, a really adventure bike is something else!

And still the power battle between the big manufacturers continues. Hopefull one day one will realize that this is NOT what a lot of people want. We have seen something similar in the marktet of digital cameras, where the marketing people dictated to the engineers that folks only want more pixels. Then some small manufacturers realized that a lot of advanced users don't want that at all, and now we have some really nice cams on the market, like the Fuji X10! Hopefully the same thing happens soons for motorcycles. Building a 690 Adventure only requires three things: a real tough back frame for mounting luggage, a larger (front) tank and some fairing. Job done, sells like warm bread!
What Scutty said. How else do you explain that the Starbucks-adventurer par excellence R12GS outsells the 990 by at least 500%, even in Austria?

They want to sell more bikes to make more money. The 1190 will help them do so.
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #1182
sTE610vE
Beastly Adventurer
 
sTE610vE's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Kansas
Oddometer: 1,878
It's what 100 lbs less and 50 hp more than a Yamaha Super Tenere?
Let me think.....do I want one?....hell yea!



and 10-15 lbs more than a 990 and 50 more hp? who would want that???
__________________
TRAIL STAND (advrider thread)- Dual Sport Portable Jack Stand www.endurostar.com
Husqvarna TE630
Husqvarna TE610E (for sale)
Cagiva Gran Canyon

sTE610vE screwed with this post 10-07-2012 at 12:10 PM
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #1183
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer
 
pebble35's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Jersey, Channel Islands
Oddometer: 1,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scutty View Post
Let me correct that for you:

"Hopefully one day one will realize that this is NOT what a lot of people on ADVRider want"

Because if you ride around Europe or look at worldwide sales figures, what KTM have made with the 1190 is exactly what a LOT of people want.
Well put. Unfortunately those of us here who use out 990/950 Adventures 'properly' are in a very small minority. In our shop we have probably sold 30 Adventures over the last 6 years of being a KTM dealer and only 3 (one of which is mine) have been used offroad.
__________________
Proud to be supporting Pyndon
www.lyndonposkittracing.com

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #1184
mindfulness
more ride less worry
 
mindfulness's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: as much as possible
Oddometer: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrides View Post
looks exactly like the multiveratenre', latte' adventure edition by global motors !




So true about many bikes these days...







[/quote]
__________________
1985 BMW R80G/S PD
2010 Ducati Monster 1100 S | abs
1978 BMW | R100 | Recreated | Black & white
2012 Ducati Hypermotard 1100 evo sp
mindfulness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #1185
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,182
Thumb

Bikes on my list.....but i do believe ill wait till second production year.Bike looks sweet



It will be mostly a street bike for me as my SE handles the dirt choresnon R model for me ,minus boxes
__________________
GO KINGS!!!!(Edit:2 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPION KINGS) 00'KX500 (dune wrecker)08'SE ,06'EXC,02'YZF/W,76'04'H-D
92 YJ extreem ,76 CJ 5 sand beast ,07 JK cruiser

dunerat screwed with this post 10-07-2012 at 05:34 PM
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014