ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #53266
ssreed84
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
A lot easier! Still fun though! ;)
That is why there was 3 or 4 hundred riders there. Making a dual sport to difficult will only make guys not want to return in my opinion .
ssreed84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #53267
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,375
for those of you who couldn't make it to Z@ch and Carrie's going away party, here's what it looked like:

mostly it was Z@ch's friends and family

but Mikef5000 and his lovely lady Alicia managed to show up

and here's the happy couple...Z@ch's already starting to look like a Texan, eh?

and the Buckeyes laid an asswhoopin on Nebraska, for a fitting send off for our good friends....be safe yinz two...and keep in touch!

pssssst....somebody warn Texas that they're coming...

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:35 AM   #53268
Devil Dog
Q-Tip With Ears

Oddometer: 9,097
So Whitey, when's the naked Uzi shoot?
Old 10-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #53269
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 9,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dog View Post
So Whitey, when's the naked Uzi shoot?
I can't afford the ammo.

Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #53270
steveb126
Adventurer Anonymous

Oddometer: 872
A buddy and I went riding yesterday. Down around Danville & Warsaw. Colors were beautiful. No nakedness, no guns.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #53271
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb126 View Post
No nakedness, no guns.

what about naked guns?

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #53272
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 9,877
Best of luck Zach and Carrie! I will miss you, Zach, and I consider you a friend. I don't consider many people my friends. Carrie, I didn't really know you that well but you seemed pretty fucking cool the few times we rode together at Crow. I admire your moxy, you got more in the virtual cojones department than most guys I know . Hope to see both of you when I sleep on your couch on my next western trip...

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #53273
Devil Dog
Q-Tip With Ears

Oddometer: 9,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb126 View Post
A buddy and I went riding yesterday. Down around Danville & Warsaw. Colors were beautiful. No nakedness, no guns.
Where's the fun in that?
Old 10-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #53274
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,283
Went on the Lodi trip solo. Since it was a little cold I just decided on a quick blast up 71. Picked up my packages & then decided to head over to NW Akron for a bite to eat at a deli I like. Really great corned beef.

Headed sorta generally south & wound up in the Charm/Berlin/Millersburg area. Really pretty, but sort of crowded. Made it back to Fredericktown about 4:15. I saw a Strom at the gas station @ 95/13.

Good day, uneventful.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #53275
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 9,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
blah blah blah blah blah
Good day, uneventful.

Show us the goods!
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #53276
Jon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
Went on the Lodi trip solo. Since it was a little cold I just decided on a quick blast up 71. Picked up my packages & then decided to head over to NW Akron for a bite to eat at a deli I like.
What deli would that be?
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #53277
BOB RAMSAY
Not in the Clique -

Oddometer: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssreed84 View Post
Making a dual sport to difficult will only make guys not want to return in my opinion .
I'm with you on that. I only got to ride the Baby Burr dual sport today, Sunday - and - Wahooooo!

Today was the most fun I've had on a dirtbike / any bike for a couple of years! It's been a while since I paid my (reasonable) entry fee down there in McArthur and I'm wondering why I've been absent! The Sunday route was 100+ miles - no abbreviated Sunday route. Challenging, great surface condition, decent blend of trail and backroad/connecting roads. Very well marked. Once, threatening weather (turned colder(!) at noon and sprinkles that felt like sleet - it could've gotten interesting. . . There was only guessing about the weather - if a guy wasn't dressed quite right - which one of our group was - things could have turned to sh*t for him right quick 25 miles away from the truck - and then, the god damn sun came out. I like some adventure in my off road adventure riding. . .

The ride, IMHO, had it all. Or, at least, 'most of it'. No killer sections for us mere mortals, but the 'A' riders could 'nail it' whenever they wanted to. So, good riding for all levels of riders (but I would want a year under my belt if I was a beginner)

I saw Travis there - and he was long gone, never to be seen again by me. I followed Indy Pup and his pals - the Pup is up to speed! Does not hesitate, always 'on the gas' immediately - definitely no whining. I wish I was that good in my first 10 months of riding. I see a 450 in his near future (Mmorgan????)

Once again, IMHO, there no better 2 weeks of the calendar to ride off-road in Ohio. Driving home, I really was happy that I DIDN'T MISS IT - AGAIN! The club, Enduro Riders, delivered - and I was glad I was there. For all of you Adventure in Ohio guys - mark it up for next year - unlike any of the other DS rides I've done this year - this is the way it should be - not Making a dual sport too difficult will only make guys not want to return in my opinion .

Anyway, I won't bore everyone anymore - It was just about as good as it gets for me - and I wanted to tell the world about it.

(Dox - you should've been there. . . )

BOB RAMSAY screwed with this post 10-07-2012 at 05:33 PM
BOB RAMSAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #53278
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallycarJon View Post
What deli would that be?

I think it is called Hainni or something like that. Nothing fancy, sort of in the hood. It is in a place where six streets come together. Very busy, interesting mix of people constantly in & out....no seating, carryout only.

I found it years ago when I traveled up to that area to go to a concert. Been back 4 or 5 times. Traditional delis have been hard to find in the places where I have lived the last 20 years.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #53279
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB RAMSAY View Post
Anyway, I won't bore everyone anymore - It was just about as good as it gets - and I wanted to tell the world about it.
So, are you Thursday riders (Matt???) interested in a little bike Tar Hallow ride now???

(seriously, I'll ride either bike, anywhere you guys want... I'm just saying, I can lead us on a 60-80 ish mile ride of the roads they're talking about here if you'ns want.)

I just want to ride though; whatever/wherever.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #53280
ssreed84
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB RAMSAY View Post
I'm with you on that. I only got to ride the Baby Burr dual sport today, Sunday - and - Wahooooo!

Today was the most fun I've had on a dirtbike / any bike for a couple of years! It's been a while since I paid my (reasonable) entry fee down there in McArthur and I'm wondering why I've been absent! The Sunday route was 100+ miles - no abbreviated Sunday route. Challenging, great surface condition, decent blend of trail and backroad/connecting roads. Very well marked. Once, threatening weather (turned colder(!) at noon and sprinkles that felt like sleet - it could've got interesting. . . There was only guessing about the weather - if a guy wasn't dressed quite right - which one of our group was - things could have turned to sh*t for him right quick 25 miles away from the truck - and then, the god damn sun came out. I like some adventure in my off road adventure riding. . .

The ride, IMHO, had it all. Or, at least, 'most of it'. No killer sections for us mere mortals, but the 'A' riders could 'nail it' whenever wanted to. So, good riding for all levels of riders (but I would want a year under my belt if I was a beginner)

I saw Travis was there - and he was long gone, never to be seen again by me. I followed Indy Pup and his pals - the Pup is up to speed! Does not hesitate, always 'on the gas' immediately - definitely no whining. I wish I was that good in my first 10 months of riding. I see a 450 in his near future (Mmorgan????)

Once again, IMHO, there no better 2 weeks of the calendar to ride off-road in Ohio. Driving home, I really was happy that I DIDN'T MISS IT - AGAIN! The club, Appalachian Dirt Riders delivered - and I was glad I was there. For all of you Adventure in Ohio guys - mark it up for next year - unlike any of the other DS rides I've done this year - this is the way it should be - not Making a dual sport too difficult will only make guys not want to return in my opinion .

Anyway, I won't bore everyone anymore - It was just about as good as it gets - and I wanted to tell the world about it.

Sorry I missed you Bob I rode yesterday with Travis and a couple of other buddies from down here we had a blast. it was a great mixture of trails something for everyone.

You thanked the wrong club it was Enduro Riders instead of ADR.

Whenever you want to ride these trails again just get a hold of us and we will go.
ssreed84 is offline   Reply With Quote