Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #21706
halmc
Turkey T*urd

Oddometer: 2,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoore774 View Post
Guys, Those are some very nice classic vintage Penton Pix. I'll try to put some of my own here so everyone can have a good laugh. It's possible others on here have some of those classic photos they would like to share too.
Here's my late brother-in-law at the top of a very steep hill back in the day when we could ride at Camp Shelby, MS, Just south of Hattiesburg. 250 Penton.

Always forgive your enemies, but never forget their names -- JFK
halmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #21707
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer: 1,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by halmc View Post
Here's my late brother-in-law at the top of a very steep hill back in the day when we could ride at Camp Shelby, MS, Just south of Hattiesburg. 250 Penton.

Used race he enduro there. Lots fun at ole Camp Shelby!

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #21708
skid=mark
Likes it Slidewayz

Oddometer: 799
squeezing thru da treez

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorhead511 View Post
Plan "B" for cutting bars. Buy a $5 metal cutting blade for the miter saw and bam! Bars complete.
That's one tact I haven't tried--but beat's the hell outa hacksawing. Glad it worked out for you!
Anybody can go fast in a straight line...
skid=mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #21709
skid=mark
Likes it Slidewayz

Cool2 Vintage Racing

Guys/Gals:
I am planning on going up to Barber's next weekend for the Vintage Races. Looks like I will only be able to do Saturday. Will probably go up late Friday night and try to get an early start Saturday and stay all day, drive back Saturday night.

I know several of you are headed up. I have never been--any scoop on what is the best way to spend Saturday before I buy my tickets? I would love to see ALL of the racing, and not sure how I am going to get the best bang for my buck in one day... any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

-Jim
Old 10-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #21710
MadMax400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by frothingslosh View Post
Glad the fork oil worked! Care to share the rebuild link?
About half way down the page you will see the post with the links to the instructions.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687220
Old 10-08-2012, 04:43 AM   #21711
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,251
Yes a bunch of us will be there. I'm staying at the Drury inn

https://druryhotels.com/ ...
3510 Grandview Parkway ...

Kevin (forestrider) is sharing a room if he gets his bike fixed in time.
I get up early, so come bang on my door.
You ought to bring your DR on the trailer and ride the back road with us to Barbers. A fun/short ride.
You can leave your car/trailer at Drury Inn.
It's easier getting around Barbers on a bike. But do a go-around on the trolley to get a overview of the entire place first.

If this is your first trip to Barbers Vintage Days you will be blown away.
No other way to say it.

I was going to enter the XR in the cross country, but between not fixing the blown shock, soft seat, and the sticking transmission, I gotta pass this go around.

Riding the VStrom up to Barbers and then it's on to the Smokeys for the rest of the week.
Lee Glaze (the fella that bought your 450 Kaw) is going with me on his 1400 Concourse.

EDIT: Jim, I'll pm you my cell number.
All going ought to share cell numbers in case we want to gather at some point, or share info about event times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid=mark View Post
Guys/Gals:
I am planning on going up to Barber's next weekend for the Vintage Races. Looks like I will only be able to do Saturday. Will probably go up late Friday night and try to get an early start Saturday and stay all day, drive back Saturday night.

I know several of you are headed up. I have never been--any scoop on what is the best way to spend Saturday before I buy my tickets? I would love to see ALL of the racing, and not sure how I am going to get the best bang for my buck in one day... any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

-Jim

Madhouse screwed with this post 10-08-2012 at 04:55 AM
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:45 AM   #21712
MItrnsplnt
PllnGs tillthey puke

Oddometer: 661
Jim, Madhouse,

I'll be up there also this week (Thurs - Sun). The people that I'm going with, half are staying in a hotel and then the rest of us have a sweet little plot of land rented sitting right above the track where we'll have a motorhome and some tents pitched overlooking the races. I'll be bringing the 530EXC in sumo trim to do some local rides with the guys who will have street oriented machines. It's my first time also and hear that it's quite the experience. I'll PM you guys my #.
Rocky Mountain Ride 2011: Aspen to Crested Butte and back
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723271
MItrnsplnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #21713
Orange Crushed
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax400 View Post
FYI
Just slapped on a used GPR stabilizer on the katoom.. Very nice. Although I had to service it myself since it was not working just right. I did a complete oil change and bled all the air out using a syringe and some 5w fork oil. Some nasty stuff came out, dont know what the heck the previous owner had in it. Anyway, its really easy and instructions are online. If you all need some help let me know.
It works awesome now, smooth as can be.
No more fighting the groves/tracks in the sand..
I really should get one of those for mine...
Orange Crushed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:58 AM   #21714
waysherr
Behind Bars For Life

Oddometer: 446
Quote:
Guys/Gals:

-Jim

For those staying the weekend, you can get a 3 day ticket at the window with the "AHRMA" sign taped to the glass. 35$ for all three days Skid, the price of admission gives you full access to everything(museum is extra but a must see). If possible,you need to be there more than 1 day. Once your there, you will regret not having more time. We will be there Thurs-Sun, parked above the MX track. All welcome to come say hi. We will have room for you to park, shade, & cold beer If anybody sees my KLX (Team USA graphics) holler at me to stop so I'll get to see/meet the Pcola guys I haven't met yet......
Old 10-08-2012, 09:11 AM   #21715
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,251
Got it Ian.
Wayne, Theresa, Brett,,,,,,I'll send yawwl my cell number tonight when I get back to my confuser.

This thing I'm on now does some freaky stuff and can't be bothered with its weird ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MItrnsplnt View Post
Jim, Madhouse,

I'll be up there also this week (Thurs - Sun). The people that I'm going with, half are staying in a hotel and then the rest of us have a sweet little plot of land rented sitting right above the track where we'll have a motorhome and some tents pitched overlooking the races. I'll be bringing the 530EXC in sumo trim to do some local rides with the guys who will have street oriented machines. It's my first time also and hear that it's quite the experience. I'll PM you guys my #.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #21716
Spike Paddy
Space Cowboy

Oddometer: 117
New rider here from Niceville. I just got this 04 XRL a couple days ago. Been riding it around Eglin a little bit. Not confident enough to really take it into traffic to or too far from my house yet, but hopefully soon I'll be exploring the area more!

Spike Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #21717
Davebert
Too damn serious!

Oddometer: 938
Pumpkin Field

Stopped by Barney's place to see his new toy before he left on his vacation.

Davebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #21718
AST236
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarmy21b View Post
New rider here from Niceville. I just got this 04 XRL a couple days ago. Been riding it around Eglin a little bit. Not confident enough to really take it into traffic to or too far from my house yet, but hopefully soon I'll be exploring the area more!

I've had a couple of XRL's and my brother in law is riding an '03 now. Welcome aboard.....

I don't like sand.
AST236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #21719
skid=mark
Likes it Slidewayz

Cool2 Barber's

Quote:
Originally Posted by waysherr View Post
For those staying the weekend, you can get a 3 day ticket at the window with the "AHRMA" sign taped to the glass. 35$ for all three days Skid, the price of admission gives you full access to everything(museum is extra but a must see). If possible,you need to be there more than 1 day. Once your there, you will regret not having more time. We will be there Thurs-Sun, parked above the MX track. All welcome to come say hi. We will have room for you to park, shade, & cold beer If anybody sees my KLX (Team USA graphics) holler at me to stop so I'll get to see/meet the Pcola guys I haven't met yet......
Yeah, my original plan was to be there for 2-3 days, and possibly bring a bike, but since this is the first time, I AM expecting to be overwhelmed, AND I am bringing girlfriend who really only wants to stay for one day. Next year, I WILL plan better and earlier, but will have some idea on what I want to do.

A few years ago, I sold my '88 KDX to a guy that was going to start doing vintage races with it. I was like- Damn! I wanna do that! So that is something down the road I may have to partake in...
Old 10-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #21720
waysherr
Behind Bars For Life

Oddometer: 446
Quote:
Yeah, my original plan was to be there for 2-3 days, and possibly bring a bike, but since this is the first time, I AM expecting to be overwhelmed, AND I am bringing girlfriend who really only wants to stay for one day. Next year, I WILL plan better and earlier, but will have some idea on what I want to do.

A few years ago, I sold my '88 KDX to a guy that was going to start doing vintage races with it. I was like- Damn! I wanna do that! So that is something down the road I may have to partake in...

If you can, bring a pit-bike, it will make it easier to get around but.....if you don't, no worries, they have trams running around the grounds constantly, kinda like disneyworld. Come to lot "D" and look us up.....look for hurricane rv + KLX+VOR etc.
P.S. you would love the vintage stuff.....at Diamond Dons last year they had OVER 800 entries