Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #91
EetsOK
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
I agree, ride your own ride, but I think BCC had it right. Let people pass. People in Germany have no problem letting others go about their business. On in America do assholes hang out in the left lane and hit the brakes because they are somehow offended by you wanting to go faster then them.
Canada too.
Had it happen yesterday outside of Kelowna BC, one of the worst places in the whole world to drive. This what people who used to live in India tell me.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #92
DavidBanner
Banned

Oddometer: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by opmike View Post
How did you come to the conclusion that this was due to you being on a Harley-Davidson and not just them being assholes or otherwise unconcerned about you? You're not the first person to be stuck being a bunch of guys in their own parade. Also, not everyone is going to let you by just because you're riding at a faster pace, and if they are going the speed limit, they quite frankly have no obligation to do so beyond courtesy.

personally, in most life situations, i feel an obligation to be courteous.
DavidBanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #93
sargev55
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBanner View Post

i agree with that, and welcome to the board
Bladez Moby-S goped thingy. 35cc of whoop ass!
sargev55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #94
scrannel
Scrannel

Oddometer: 1,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by capriccio View Post
The HD riders pay taxes and are entitled to their pursuit of happiness, especially when there is many more of them to kick your ass if your pursuit happiness interferes with theirs.
Last time an HD rider tried to kick my ass he got tangled up by the tubes in his colostomy bag.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #95
capriccio
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBanner View Post
no one is saying not to be courteous but there are people that wont be and its their free choice. On the other hand I do not expect 100 cruisers to pull over so I can pass, so I'll be courteous and pull over and scratch my balls for 15 'minutes.

Capriccio.
capriccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #96
sargev55
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Quote:
no one is saying not to be courteous but there are people that wont be and its their free choice. On the other hand I do not expect 100 cruisers to pull over so I can pass, so I'll be courteous and pull over and scratch my balls for 15 'minutes.

meant to add,

if you have to scratch that long, might wanna get that checked out lol
Bladez Moby-S goped thingy. 35cc of whoop ass!
sargev55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #97
DavidBanner
Banned

Oddometer: 1,163
Quote:
you may want to see a doctor about that.

DB
DavidBanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #98
0ldhippie
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargev55 View Post

meant to add,

if you have to scratch that long, might wanna get that checked out lol
I think its code for not exactly scratching something just above the balls.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:04 AM   #99
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 6,363
Quote:

Exactly. Courtesy is what is is...An option, not an obligation and courtesy goes both ways. It's courteous to let people pass when practical and it's courteous to allow those that are out for a leisurely cruise to allow them to do so without feeling pressure from other rider to either pull over or pick up the pace (possibly riding beyond their limits).

No one answered the question I posed earlier. Should slower riders pull over for every rider that wants to get by them?

3 weeks solo: Overland Expo East ,Barber Vintage Fest and beyond
Ginger Beard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #100
AZbiker
Crunkin' with crackers

Oddometer: 6,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Beard View Post

No one answered the question I posed earlier. Should slower riders pull over for every rider that wants to get by them?
I do. Can't speak for anyone else though.

That said, it doesn't happen very often and it's gonna be a good ride in the mountains when it does!

Pulling over isn't a big deal on a bike. Lay off the throttle, dress right and wave 'em by.

derek

http://azbiker.smugmug.com

Got SmugMug? If not, save some cash and use my code: McYdbycdcvM5Q
AZbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #101
TT RDHS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZbiker View Post
I do. Can't speak for anyone else though.

That said, it doesn't happen very often and it's gonna be a good ride in the mountains when it does!

Pulling over isn't a big deal on a bike. Lay off the throttle, dress right and wave 'em by.

+1

TT RDHS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #102
PhilB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,331
Quote:
Exactly. Courtesy is what is is...An option, not an obligation and courtesy goes both ways. It's courteous to let people pass when practical and it's courteous to allow those that are out for a leisurely cruise to allow them to do so without feeling pressure from other rider to either pull over or pick up the pace (possibly riding beyond their limits).

Awww. The idea that a driver or rider should pay some attention, drive/ride his own ride, and let others do the same is SO traumatic. The awful awful pressure of letting someone pass you!

If you want a leisurely cruise, take one. Great. If someone else doesn't want a leisurely cruise, let him the hell by -- you'll BOTH be happier.

And yes, slower riders should pull over for every rider that wants to get by them. When safe, of course -- it's OK to wait for the next intersection or pullout, but do it reasonably soon, and don't be an ass and try to make others behave as you would like them to just out of spite.

PhilB
1993 Ducati M900 Monster "Patina" (236,000 miles, so far) -- 1995 Ducati M900 (wife's bike) -- 1972 Honda CB450 (daughter's bike) -- 1979 Vespa P200 (daughter's scoot) -- 1967 Alfa Romeo GT Jr. (1300cc) -- 1964 Vespa GS160 (160cc 2-stroke) -- 1962 Maicoletta scooter (275cc 2-stroke) -- 1960 Heinkel Tourist 103A1 scooter "Elroy" (175cc 4-stroke)
PhilB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #103
AZbiker
Crunkin' with crackers

Oddometer: 6,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT RDHS View Post
+1

How you doin'?

I'm still riding the big black pig...you?

derek

http://azbiker.smugmug.com

Got SmugMug? If not, save some cash and use my code: McYdbycdcvM5Q
AZbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #104
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 6,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
Awww. The idea that a driver or rider should pay some attention, drive/ride his own ride, and let others do the same is SO traumatic.

PhilB
The irony here is friggin' hilarious.

The point that many seem to be missing is that this "ride your own ride and be courteous" mindset can not be one sided. You don't get to tell others they should or must let you by when you aren't willing to understand that perhaps you should or must allow them to enjoy their ride as well. Again, it goes both ways.

Personally I prefer to be courteous and let people pass but I don't have to nor do I get my panties in a twist when people don't let my ride as fast as I would like to be riding.

3 weeks solo: Overland Expo East ,Barber Vintage Fest and beyond
Ginger Beard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #105
PhilB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,331
Quote:
The irony here is friggin' hilarious.

The point that many seem to be missing is that this "ride your own ride and be courteous" mindset can not be one sided. You don't get to tell others they should or must let you by when you aren't willing to understand that perhaps you should or must allow them to enjoy their ride as well. Again, it goes both ways.

Personally I prefer to be courteous and let people pass but I don't have to nor do I get my panties in a twist when people don't let my ride as fast as I would like to be riding.
Wait, so to enjoy their leisurely cruise, it is essential to it that no else get to go around them? Bullshit. If I come up behind someone, I am 100% fine with letting that person enjoy his ride. That's great. I'm not asking him to speed up, or to change his riding style or plan. All I am asking is that he let me enjoy mine as well. If he lets me pass, then I'm off and gone, and not interfereing with his ride or his enjoyment one tiny little bit -- no conflict, no problem. But if he creates a conflict, then there is going to be tension, and *neither* of us will be enjoying our rides as much (unless he actually does get enjoyment out of making other people upset, in which case he's a genuine ass and deserves no consideration in return). What the hell good does that do, for anyone?

The situation is not symmetrical. The guy who wants to pass is NOT interfering in any way with the person who wants a slower ride. He just wants to be allowed to go on his way, and leave the other guy to ride however he wants, and thus each gets his own way, and BOTH can be happy with their respective rides. The slow guy who blocks the faster guy, OTOH, is being an ass, because he is not content to enjoy his own ride in his own way and let others do the same.

PhilB
1993 Ducati M900 Monster "Patina" (236,000 miles, so far) -- 1995 Ducati M900 (wife's bike) -- 1972 Honda CB450 (daughter's bike) -- 1979 Vespa P200 (daughter's scoot) -- 1967 Alfa Romeo GT Jr. (1300cc) -- 1964 Vespa GS160 (160cc 2-stroke) -- 1962 Maicoletta scooter (275cc 2-stroke) -- 1960 Heinkel Tourist 103A1 scooter "Elroy" (175cc 4-stroke)

PhilB screwed with this post 10-08-2012 at 11:33 AM
PhilB is offline   Reply With Quote