Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #421
bungie4
Frostback

Oddometer: 464
[QUOTE=G19Tony;19767370 What have you guys been getting. [/QUOTE]

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/bungie/crf250l

2013 FJR1300, 2004 FJR1300, 2013 CRF250L
I have a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff.
On/Offroad help when you need it - http://www.assistancelist.com
bungie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:02 AM   #422
jimhaleyscomet
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Missing Manual

Can anyone help me find my owner's manual? In the excitement of bringing home my new CRF230L I misplaced it............................................

I have a 30 year old XL250r I bought new in 1983 and just brought home the new CRF Thursday the 4th. This bike is way better in so many ways! The fuel injection and electric start are sublime. I think the two Honda's will make nice stable mates.

Just kidding about the requested manual assistance even though I did misplace it. I have about 200 miles on my new Honda with a mixture of highway (40-55mph), dirt (farm roads), and rocky roads/single track. I guess I will have to stop riding long enough to find the manual.... not likely!
jimhaleyscomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:17 AM   #423
joec63 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhaleyscomet View Post
Can anyone help me find my owner's manual? In the excitement of bringing home my new CRF230L I misplaced it............................................

I have a 30 year old XL250r I bought new in 1983 and just brought home the new CRF Thursday the 4th. This bike is way better in so many ways! The fuel injection and electric start are sublime. I think the two Honda's will make nice stable mates.

Just kidding about the requested manual assistance even though I did misplace it. I have about 200 miles on my new Honda with a mixture of highway (40-55mph), dirt (farm roads), and rocky roads/single track. I guess I will have to stop riding long enough to find the manual.... not likely!

Here ya go!

http://www.honda.co.jp/ownersmanual/...t400&m=crf250l
Old 10-08-2012, 07:25 AM   #424
ramz
Professional Trail Rider

Oddometer: 1,979
Quote:
Can anyone help me find my owner's manual?
Check the toolbox compartment on the bike.

The on-line manual mentioned above is not the US model Owner's Manual. There are some differences between it and the US model.
ramz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #425
byron555
Lame Duck Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,122
The Dirt Bagz are in

just noticed on their website, not that I own a CRF, but thought you would like to know... Maybe it has already been posted.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997633
byron555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #426
dsn11487
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew1101 View Post
I'm really interested in this bike. My nearby dealer has offered it for $5500 out the door here in southern California, this price seems high. Any thoughts on how far down he'll likely go?

I'm really interested in getting this bike as a short commute bike to my local community college and back home. I live in a small town out in the desert, the country roads out here are asphalt with a 55mph speed limit. Since we're an agriculture community, alot of the off-road driving nearby is restricted to ditchbanks lining the canals and field service roads. The consistency of which is generally that of an unpaved road.

I am 6'4" and weigh 175lbs (think tall and skinny). I'm new to motorcycles, completed the MSF course about 3 months ago. I've sat on the bike, and it seems to have a pretty good fit for me. I'm interested in buying new, I want to have fun without the maintenance of an old bike and most of the used bikes around these parts are very large-bore designed for the sand in Arizona or aren't street legal. I'm not a power freak, I just want something that can handle 55mph roads, able to go into town for short trips to friend's houses and such, and is able to get me along the unpaved roads out near the fields.

Just an fyi: My original thought was a suzuki tu250x, but seeing as it's not available in California...well anyways. The dealer also has a used 2009 KLR 650 (with only 1k miles) going for $4300 OTD. The next closest dealer to me is about 2 hours drive away.

Any thoughts?
I have both a KLR and CRF250L and if you want something that is mostly off road, in town and short trips the CRF250L is the one to get. I like my KLR for longer trips that include off road stuff. I have it setup and ride pretty aggressively off road but it is heavy.

I'm 6' 3" so the CRF might seem a little small when you stand up. I do have to lean a bit forward to press my knees around the tank also need to do handlebar switch out and raise them an inch or two, I have to bend a bit in my back when I stand.

The CRF250L will cruise 65 easy. The KLR will do it easier and feel more planted to the road. I get blown around a little bit on the CRF, but if it's short distance it's not a problem.

I got MSRP plus TTL for 4800 OTD (0.0625% tax rate). That was from a powersports dealership that moves a TON of bikes. The traditional dealership model that most dealerships have I was able to get 5050 OTD on negotiations. Obviously I passed on that deal and went cheaper, just had to drive about 200 miles.

Also the insurance on the CRF is cheaper (125 a year full coverage vs 205 for KLR) and I'm pulling about 20-25 MPG more on the CRF.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #427
itrack
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew1101 View Post
I'm really interested in this bike. My nearby dealer has offered it for $5500 out the door here in southern California, this price seems high. Any thoughts on how far down he'll likely go?

I'm really interested in getting this bike as a short commute bike to my local community college and back home. I live in a small town out in the desert, the country roads out here are asphalt with a 55mph speed limit. Since we're an agriculture community, alot of the off-road driving nearby is restricted to ditchbanks lining the canals and field service roads. The consistency of which is generally that of an unpaved road.

I am 6'4" and weigh 175lbs (think tall and skinny). I'm new to motorcycles, completed the MSF course about 3 months ago. I've sat on the bike, and it seems to have a pretty good fit for me. I'm interested in buying new, I want to have fun without the maintenance of an old bike and most of the used bikes around these parts are very large-bore designed for the sand in Arizona or aren't street legal. I'm not a power freak, I just want something that can handle 55mph roads, able to go into town for short trips to friend's houses and such, and is able to get me along the unpaved roads out near the fields.

Just an fyi: My original thought was a suzuki tu250x, but seeing as it's not available in California...well anyways. The dealer also has a used 2009 KLR 650 (with only 1k miles) going for $4300 OTD. The next closest dealer to me is about 2 hours drive away.

Any thoughts?
I paid 5.4k out the door including TTL. Like the other poster mentioned, if you find one and want it, grab it quick. I bought the only one with in 5hrs of me. I drove 3hrs to pick it up. I traded in a crf230f and I think I financed 3.9k and the payment is like $78 a month and my full coverage insurance is $126 a year.

Update: Miles 268 to 777.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...8#post19773708

itrack screwed with this post 10-08-2012 at 12:26 PM
itrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #428
Nanocer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Functional Bling!

Saw this while surfing today, Thought I'd share. I'm not sure about drilling holes in the fender or weight capability but it sure looks nice. http://www.soloracer.com/crf250lrack.html

-Will
Nanocer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #429
Nanocer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
New CRF250L BDSB video!

Thought I'd share this as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8BqN...eature=mh_lolz

-Will
Nanocer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #430
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanocer View Post
Thought I'd share this as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8BqN...eature=mh_lolz

-Will
I want! looks like ceramic coated full FMF exhaust with programmer.

In Loving Memory of Cruzin2B March 29, 1953 - October 11, 2014
SugarDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:34 AM   #431
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,263
Could someone that is putting a new pipe on the bike post up the weight of the stock vs. after market pipe?

Has anyone cleaned up the rear end (of the bike) removing the big ass sub fender section and used the small mount for the license plate like some of the ktm's use? This way you don't have as much shit hanging down.

Lastly the front turn signals are huge and mounted very far forward. It's just right that when your front end washes out, the blinker can break. My boss just got this bike and promptly dumped it at the orv park last night. Anyone move the turn signals back? I'm thinking that is something I want to do to help protect the signals better, in addition to smaller units.

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:14 AM   #432
Jurie
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarDust View Post
I want! looks like ceramic coated full FMF exhaust with programmer.
Got my bomb and muffler on order from Best Dual Sport Bikes. Jeezzz that bike does sound waaaayyy better than the stock. The Dyno graph on their website really shows the difference in HP. They are waiting for the stock to arrive. Anybody else ordering ?
Jurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:23 AM   #433
Jurie
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
Could someone that is putting a new pipe on the bike post up the weight of the stock vs. after market pipe?

Has anyone cleaned up the rear end (of the bike) removing the big ass sub fender section and used the small mount for the license plate like some of the ktm's use? This way you don't have as much shit hanging down.

Lastly the front turn signals are huge and mounted very far forward. It's just right that when your front end washes out, the blinker can break. My boss just got this bike and promptly dumped it at the orv park last night. Anyone move the turn signals back? I'm thinking that is something I want to do to help protect the signals better, in addition to smaller units.

This website will answer your question on stock vs aftermarket exhuast weight and contains DYNO info http://bestdualsportbikes.com/more-p...honda-crf250l/
Jurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:50 AM   #434
EEKAMOUSE
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post

Hey my buddy ordered zeta handgaurds with integrated signals and cleaned up rear with drc kit all from wheeling supply
EEKAMOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:51 AM   #435
EEKAMOUSE
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEKAMOUSE View Post
Hey my buddy ordered zeta handgaurds with integrated signals and cleaned up rear with drc kit all from wheeling supply
Oh yeah we had to use resistors to make signals work due to lower draw of LEDs so order that too
EEKAMOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote