Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
real4life1 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
"I never saw him officer"

This accident involved the typical quote from the driver. "I never saw him." While riding home from school in Tampa in March 2012 on my 2009 Husky 610sm I start to pass a sports car in the center lane of the freeway. I'm going about 65mph making it a point not to linger next to him. As I'm just along side him he makes an erratic left lane change without looking and the drivers door pillar hits my handlebars. I had just enough time to look over and look into his eyes before we made contact and the rest is history. The bike goes into a vicious tank slapper and of course with me at top gear I've got no ability to power out of it. After what seemed like a dozen stop to stop hits the bike slams down hard on the right hand side and I'm skidding down the freeway on my left hip while spinning like a dreidel. The first thing I realize is there is a F-150 right behind me and the only thing I can think is "great I survived the initial impact and now i'm going to get run over by the following vehicle." Luckily for me the driver stopped in time. The driver of the car stops next to me on the freeway and then proceeds to ask me "what do you want to do?" I'm so stunned at this point I just yell for him to pull over to the shoulder as if I'd say "eh it's just a flesh wound just continue with your day." I quickly pick up the bike and move it over to the shoulder of the road. At this point I'm feeling pretty lucky as I was able to actually pick up the bike by myself I figure i'm doing pretty good. After taking a second to realize everything I can see is in working order I decide to sit on the guard rail and collect my thoughts. Which ends up being a huge mistake, unbeknownst to me I had skidded on my butt and that area of the pants is gone and the skin is exposed. Pain tells me to just lean over on the bike for support. The kid is terrified but luckily for me at least had insurance. Ironically he goes to the same school as me and saw me leaving the campus and was curious as to what kind of bike I had. Well he got the chance to get up close and personal with it. A fire and rescue rig shows up and gives me some dry dressings to cover my cheeks but I have to wait for 2 hours for a state trooper to show up and do a police report even though multiple sheriff's deputies just cruise on by. I don't understand the jurisdiction requirements, and why it even matters who writes the report. Of course the one day I don't wear my motorcycle jeans and substitue with another pair of pants I get in a wreck so needless to say ATGATT. But I was wearing everything else including my gloves, helmet, Astar mx knee guards, boots and jacket so I came out better than if I was in the typical squid attire for Florida. The bike suffered a smashed right radiator, broken rear set, axle sliders broken front and rear, scratched crank case cover, bent handlebars, and gnarled bark-buster. I'm just glad to be able to continue to ride another day and that I didn't have to pay for the repairs or replacement of my gear.
Sleeping and driving a car was painful for the next month but I'll take that over a lengthy hospital stay. I thought the freeway a safer route home due to the less likelihood of cars turning in front of me but I was wrong on that day.

what's left of my carhartts

my Astars knee guards that I wear all the time which saved my knee this time

SS gear is cheap in price but not in quality, it performed perfectly and held up quite well for a mesh jacket

ATGATT because pain is a strong reminder

The line-x plastics done 3 days prior saved them from getting destroyed
real4life1 is offline   Reply With Quote