ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #53341
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup

I do overpack though when I go on long trips. I trashed my shock on my ST1300 when I went to Alaska.

Maybe you need something like this, some poor sharpei had to ride from Cincinnati all the way to Alaska.

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #53342
EJV
Fuso FG Expedition

Oddometer: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
..............One of the first things I had to when I bought this KLR was replace the shock because he had trashed it by carrying all this weight to Alaska and back!........

Wrong, they come from the factory that way.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #53343
McTacticool
Importer/Exporter

Oddometer: 255
Was behind a new(?) BMW today in New Phila with a 30-day tag from mathias, and an ADV sticker on the back of his helmet...
McTacticool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #53344
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
Maybe you need something like this, some poor sharpei had to ride from Cincinnati all the way to Alaska.

Hey that looks pretty neat! I just have a cheap Walmart pet carrier that I use. It works as my back rest too.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #53345
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJV View Post
Wrong, they come from the factory that way.
lol, yep you are right. ;)
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #53346
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
Hey that looks pretty neat! I just have a cheap Walmart pet carrier that I use. It works as my back rest too.
I used to do that with my old pup but Moto's pen was as big as that trailer.

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #53347
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
What about that triple black fully loaded GS you sneak around on?

huh? you musta got me confuzzled with someone else

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #53348
BOB RAMSAY
Not in the Clique -

Oddometer: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssreed84 View Post

Check out the picks from the nutcracker pic 190 and 191 they say a picture is worth a thousand words and it shows me ahead of Travis. I am thinking about retiring again after that photo. lol
I found those under the AMA website > gallerys > sanctioned events > Nutcracker 200. They even were able to get me into one picture. Thx for the website. There's a picture of almost everyone that rode.

Some were riding the sofa. . .

Old 10-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #53349
B-Mac
Aged Beef

Oddometer: 622
Todays ride

Had a great ride today except the 07:30 ride from Logan to Lancaster to New Concord. Cold and Wet Fog

SR22 was the right choice out of Lancaster. Fog was so thick in some spots I had to let a car by, That only happens once every 5 Years with me. I used his tail lights for direction and warning so it was a fair trade. Once I thawed out with a cup of Coffee and met up with the Meef and the S10 the sun came up and burned off the fog. I tried to lead a ride without getting lost out east to Woodsfield and then south to Marietta on Magic SR26. After Lunch Meef led me to some more great roads back west. The fall colors were amazing. Thank you Mark for putting up with my need for curvy black asphalt. The dirt was fun too. I am good to go now. Had some great rides this R&R and can put the bike away in short term storage and head back next Tuesday to AFG. Sorry no photo's I blew by all the good stops.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #53350
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Mac View Post
Had a great ride today except the 07:30 ride from Logan to Lancaster to New Concord. Cold and Wet Fog

SR22 was the right choice out of Lancaster. Fog was so thick in some spots I had to let a car by, That only happens once every 5 Years with me. I used his tail lights for direction and warning so it was a fair trade. Once I thawed out with a cup of Coffee and met up with the Meef and the S10 the sun came up and burned off the fog. I tried to lead a ride without getting lost out east to Woodsfield and then south to Marietta on Magic SR26. After Lunch Meef led me to some more great roads back west. The fall colors were amazing. Thank you Mark for putting up with my need for curvy black asphalt. The dirt was fun too. I am good to go now. Had some great rides this R&R and can put the bike away in short term storage and head back next Tuesday to AFG. Sorry no photo's I blew by all the good stops.

sounds like you have a week left and you're putting the bike away already?

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #53351
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,668
Just walked in, great ride. I hooked up through Granville and Loudonville and dropped off the shirts.

Thanks for lunch.

Be careful on your next tour in hell.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #53352
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Just walked in, great ride. I hooked up through Granville and Loudonville and dropped off the shirts.

Thanks for lunch.

Be careful on your next tour in hell.
Thanks for dropping the tee off, Deb told me you stopped by. She forgot to tell ya that those tire irons are out in my garage. I can mail 'em to ya if you're not in my neck of the woods again soon.

Thanks Brian, and be safe in the sandbox!!

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #53353
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post
Time?

Ehhh,

Never mind. Something came up.
Quote:
OK, Fuel Mart 201 W. Main NC

Lancaster-ites? Is it better in the morning to go North on 37 to 70 to New Concord or 22 to Zanesville 70 to NC? Traffic, School Bus, Deer, Commuters,
Quote:

Well now I really feel like shit for not coming. I didnt realize you was shipping out so fast. I rode around the block at 730a and said screw it due to the cold. I left the house again a few hours later and headed west to grab the tag.
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #53354
ssreed84
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
[QUOTE=BOB RAMSAY;19783420]I found those under the AMA website > gallerys > sanctioned events > Nutcracker 200. They even were able to get me into one picture. Thx for the website. There's a picture of almost everyone that rode.

Sorry I didn't explain where the pics were located.
ssreed84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #53355
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
Thanks for dropping the tee off, Deb told me you stopped by. She forgot to tell ya that those tire irons are out in my garage. I can mail 'em to ya if you're not in my neck of the woods again soon.

Thanks Brian, and be safe in the sandbox!!
I can relay something from Granville to Mt. Gilead if it helps.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote