Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #1
killfile OP
49/50

Oddometer: 353
CB77s The superhawks

Things seem to be going well in the garage. My modern ducati that was severely damaged by a meth'd out crazy woman driver is back on the road, the '69 T500 Titan is riding well enough considering I haven't rebuilt the gearbox and I've finally got my wife's CB160 back on the road and she's riding it every day. Everything appears to be on the up and up, unless someone asks questions about that damn norton... so nobody ask in this thread!

So I've dug out the little bastardized CB77 from the back corner of the garage and I've started to tear into it.

Her she is right after we hosed the dog shit off of her and rescued her from a container and a backyard.

The ENTIRE bike (including pipes, fenders, pegs, and mounts) was spray painted black. That's all flaking off now. There appears to be a decent number of places that were safety wired, and the starter was cut off, so there is a chance this bike was raced in the past. The last Reg stickers are from 1969 and the bike is an early 1962 frame and engine. Motor is completely locked up and the drive chain appears to have worn halfway through the right shock mount before snapping.

It was cheap enough that I'd say it falls into the "most expensive bike I ever bought was free" category. Now I've had (and worked on) 160s, 350s, 450s, 350Fours, and CB-1s, but this is first 305 that came into the household. (that dream in the background is the second 305 in the house and i'm pulling bits off her for the superhawk as we speak.

You can't swing a cat in ADV Old's Cool without hitting 5 threads about 350s, but there doesn't seem to be many threads about 305 Superhawks. So i'd love to hear advice, stories or see some pictures of all those 305s out there. I only just started in on this puppy, but I'm already thinking I like it much better than my 350!

This is how I'm thinking of building it up:

and this is what it would look like with all the honda accessories i can't afford to buy: