ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 07:17 PM   #3061
762nato
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Bismarck, ND
Oddometer: 29
Thumb Hyrdo Head

Hydro Head power using water
762nato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #3062
johnjen
Mod-U-Later
 
johnjen's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2001
Location: Seattle
Oddometer: 15,482
I dunno, call me a traditionalist.

But wet head or sporkbike works well for me

And sporkbike is growing on me more and more.

JJ
__________________
The hidden harmony is found with joy, while the obvious brings indifference.
The farther you enter into the Truth the deeper your conviction for truth must be.
There is understanding of the world precisely to the degree that there is understanding of the Self.

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
johnjen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #3063
dmac57
Beastly Adventurer
 
dmac57's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Western NC
Oddometer: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
True. That's why people look completely confused at Germans when they order a weggie pizza ...
Actually, that would be Feggie.
__________________
"Everybody's got to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer."
- W. C. Fields
dmac57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #3064
Guy Jinbaiquerre
Monorail Conductor
 
Guy Jinbaiquerre's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetrogradE View Post
Here is my list of names. Pick the one you like the best and let's run with it. Make it official right now.

1. Agua Strasse
2. Wassa Boxer (pron: Vass-ah Box-ah)
3. Golanda Wassa
4. Das Steam Vagon
5. Das Veener Sliden
6. Slicken-Zee-Dickens
Moisturecycle.
__________________
IBA # 42657
96 Honda XR250 Baja
09 BMW R1200GS Adventure ・ 09 KTM 990 SMT (sold) ・ 97 Honda X4 ・ 95 Kawasaki ZZR400 (sold)
Guy Jinbaiquerre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #3065
twinrider
pass the catnip
 
twinrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: 日本
Oddometer: 9,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
I dunno, call me a traditionalist.

But wet head or sporkbike works well for me

And sporkbike is growing on me more and more.

JJ

Problem is the head was wet before as well, with oil. How about Sporker?
__________________
2014 350 EXC-F
2011 XT1200Z
2009 FLHR
2006 Djebel 250XC
twinrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #3066
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!
 
JimVonBaden's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 48,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Problem is the head was wet before as well, with oil. How about Sporker?
That is why an OILhead. Don't over think it. It is a Wethead.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #3067
Emperor Norton
Kilroy was here
 
Emperor Norton's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: North of Alcatraz
Oddometer: 1,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
It's "Wasser" in German.
Put some kirsch in that and you have part of a good fondue

Death by a thousand sporks? I'd rather avoid anything that would relate to the worlds biggest consumer of sporks (aka KFC).
__________________
Pics of whatever/where ever http://joee.smugmug.com
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure.
Emperor Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #3068
Gun Smoke
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Oddometer: 312
I've got a new name for the radiator cowlings. "Sideburns" I absolutely love the looks of the new bike. It's gorgeous imo. I trade my bikes before the warranty is out so I'm not to worried about the reliability of the LED's and other tech. I wonder though is the new motor a compromise. It's my understanding water cooling was implemented to meet emission and sound requirements in Europe. I hate compromises. Does anyone describe why water cooling is that much better trading complexity for emissions? Before some butthole chimes in about how this has been discussed at length; I'm not going to spend the next week reading 3000+ post. It looks as though the bike uses the same cases. If so that's refreshing. $2000 bucks is a lot to invest in new cases. Jesse cases my be great function but they are butt ass ugly on the bike and the mounts are but ass ugly when you leave the cases at home. Can't stand em.
Gun Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #3069
Gun Smoke
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Oddometer: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetrogradE View Post
Fellas,



I'm a little tired of BMW progressing their tech to the point of over-complication. My 1150 was cake to work on. The 1200 was harder because of CANBUS but still not a big deal. But I fear this new bike is going to be $20k plus the sexy options that I want and that's just too damned much.

At this point, I'm thinking a used 1200GSA or finding a used Tiger Explore or Tenere. The Tiger has a wet clutch, triple cyl, etc.

Anyway, not that any of you care. . .

Yup... no one cares. The Tenere is an 800# piece of shit btw.
Gun Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #3070
cug
--
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Sunny California
Oddometer: 4,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
That is why an OILhead. Don't over think it. It is a Wethead.
Totally agreed. Not that it matters though ...
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #3071
EJ_92606
Rider
 
EJ_92606's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Oddometer: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Or Voxer as a nod to the fatherland.
Yes, that is the phonetic of Woxer. I think SporkHead has it beat though!
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #3072
EJ_92606
Rider
 
EJ_92606's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Oddometer: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Smoke View Post
I've got a new name for the radiator cowlings. "Sideburns" I absolutely love the looks of the new bike. It's gorgeous imo. I trade my bikes before the warranty is out so I'm not to worried about the reliability of the LED's and other tech. I wonder though is the new motor a compromise. It's my understanding water cooling was implemented to meet emission and sound requirements in Europe. I hate compromises. Does anyone describe why water cooling is that much better trading complexity for emissions? Before some butthole chimes in about how this has been discussed at length; I'm not going to spend the next week reading 3000+ post. It looks as though the bike uses the same cases. If so that's refreshing. $2000 bucks is a lot to invest in new cases. Jesse cases my be great function but they are butt ass ugly on the bike and the mounts are but ass ugly when you leave the cases at home. Can't stand em.
Kiss your cases good bye, at least the side cases as exhaust has moved to other side. I don't think top case will work either, but not positive on that.
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #3073
EJ_92606
Rider
 
EJ_92606's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Oddometer: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolly green giant View Post
According to a two page report in today's local daily the multi controller is not only connected to the navi but also to a ride modes feature (4 different types), ESA and computer. It comes as an optional extra as does the LED headlamp and DRL and several other things.
Not sure where your local paper got that info as I've read every word of the detailed press info from BMW on the GS and don't see that. I talked to a friend that has an RT with Multi-controller and he says it ONLY controls navigation and radio...that's it. On the K1600 it handles everything...Nav, ESA, radio/Sat, heated grips & seat, and all the on-board computer functions. So, I hope it does more than just navigation, but I'd suspect not.
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #3074
Emperor Norton
Kilroy was here
 
Emperor Norton's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: North of Alcatraz
Oddometer: 1,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
Not sure where your local paper got that info as I've read every word of the detailed press info from BMW on the GS and don't see that. I talked to a friend that has an RT with Multi-controller and he says it ONLY controls navigation and radio...that's it. On the K1600 it handles everything...Nav, ESA, radio/Sat, heated grips & seat, and all the on-board computer functions. So, I hope it does more than just navigation, but I'd suspect not.
I'll go with them (BMW) being too lazy to over edit their own video. It was clearly used to filter through suspension settings. Of course until a bike hits the showroom or someone helps themselves to a pre-prod manual its all academic. It would seem rather backwards to have the wheel only serve one native function: GPS (last I knew there is no ex works option for a GS radio system).
__________________
Pics of whatever/where ever http://joee.smugmug.com
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure.
Emperor Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:14 PM   #3075
Gun Smoke
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Oddometer: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
Kiss your cases good bye, at least the side cases as exhaust has moved to other side. I don't think top case will work either, but not positive on that.
Ah shit. I didn't think of that. Well I know why they moved the exhaust; great way to sell more cases.
Gun Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014