Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #451
Flaco
Zombie Holocaust

Oddometer: 2,318
Levi gets in on the action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi L Smurf View Post
I am sorry that I was forced to make the decisions I made.
What an asshole.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #452
Flaco
Zombie Holocaust

Oddometer: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogitate View Post
and to think, I used to beat George regularly in races before he doped.

OK, he was 12 or so, I was 24 or 5, and his dad petitioned the district rep to allow George to race with the seniors after George would win the junior race.

Just to get George another 60 miles of racing under his wheels. On a Sunday.
So, he was cheatin from the beginin?
Old 10-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #453
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
The USADA was prepared to go to court vs. LA a couple of months ago.
Without releasing anything to anyone or telling Armstrong the specific allegations or who was making them, iirc. So, as I said, about time they released something...
PoundSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #454
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundSand View Post
Without releasing anything to anyone or telling Armstrong the specific allegations or who was making them, iirc. So, as I said, about time they released something...
The allegations were stated clearly to LA back in June. Obviously the allegations were made by the USADA as governed by their directive to defend clean athletes. And as you can see the attached document would not suffice as to be submitted to the UCI.
http://a.espncdn.com/pdf/2012/0613/armstrongcharges.pdf
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #455
Fe Man
I am Iron Moran!

Oddometer: 7,599
What's done is done.
He never failed the tests of the day!

It's nothing but a fucking past tense witch hunt by a little man with a chip on his shoulder.
Lance is still the Man! (and for what it's worth, I think he is a jerk but he is still the man!)

As far as George; I have ridden with him and hate to see him tarnished as he is a great guy!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #456
rdcyclist
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,052
Failing a drug test is failing an IQ test...

If you take the time to read the "Reasoned Decision", do a little research on the Science in Sport blog and some others, you Lance-o-philes will see the light. I didn't believe he doped until I'd done the due diligence on what was humanly possible and what is not. I've stepped away from The Dark Side. It feels better here...

Cheating is cheating. It doesn't matter if everybody else is doing it or not, it's still cheating.
rdcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #457
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,578
Quote:
The allegations were stated clearly to LA back in June. Obviously the allegations were made by the USADA as governed by their directive to defend clean athletes.
SPECIFIC allegations. And who was making them- and no, not the usada, but those the usada was depending on.
PoundSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #458
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,274
Quote:
George Hincapie probably had the best reputation amongst fans and fellow cyclists of any US rider. Perhaps ever. I guess he is now a proven liar as he has admitted doping but prior that had a super reputation.

What were the pressures on LA's teamates? I have heard any "do this or else" type of statements.

The blinders some of you wear are hilarious. What in the world would be the motivation of the USADA to go after someone they know is innocent. How does LA being found out to be a liar help anyone?
don't think any less of Hincapie for testifying. he probably was facing getting same treatment as Lance. which included possible jail time, losing all titles/winnings, etc, etc.

look at how Hincapie was allowed to finish season, then retire gracefully without interference before anything came out. Now let's see if Hincapie will lose all titles/winnings back 8 years or more like Lance?

normally ALL riders under sanctions are directed by USADA to UCI for immediate suspension. Have you seen that happen to ANY rider that testified against Lance?

Still think no threats and/or deals made by USADA to get those testimonies?

this reminds me of jailhouse snitches who testifies against someone who gets convicted for murder. then years later recants testimony and/or new DNA evidence exonerates convicted inmate on death row. this has happened over and over again....

_cy_ screwed with this post 10-10-2012 at 05:58 PM
_cy_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #459
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Man View Post
What's done is done.
He never failed the tests of the day!

It's nothing but a fucking past tense witch hunt by a little man with a chip on his shoulder.

!
Yes, great job on the cheating.

I don't understand where this chip on the shoulder comes from.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #460
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

USA Cycling says active riders from USADA case not yet suspended

USA Cycling officials told VeloNews Wednesday morning that American professionals Christian Vande Velde, Dave Zabriskie, Tom Danielson and Levi Leipheimer — four active riders that testified in the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency investigation of Lance Armstrong and the U.S. Postal Service team — had not been suspended.

Still think no deals were made?

_cy_ screwed with this post 10-10-2012 at 07:12 PM
Old 10-10-2012, 07:39 PM   #461
swimmer
armchair asshole

Seems to conflicting info about rider suspensions. Also disqualifications.

From the previous ink.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/six-...ans-from-usada

The six active former teammates, Levi Leipheimer (Omega Pharma-QuickStep), Christian Vande Velde (Garmin-Sharp), David Zabriskie (Garmin-Sharp), Tom Danielson (Garmin-Sharp), Michael Barry (Sky) and George Hincapie (BMC) have subsequently all been suspended. All actively race but ended their seasons in September. Both Hincapie and Barry announced they would retire this season.
Leipheimer accepted a suspension from September 1 and was disqualified from results from June 1999 to July 30, 2006, and from July 7 to July 29, 2007.
Hincapie accepted a suspension from September 1 and disqualification from results from May 31, 2004 to July 31, 2006.
Vande Velde accepted a suspension from September 9 and disqualification from results from June 4, 2004 to April 31, 2006.
Zabriskie accepted a suspension from September 1 and disqualification from results from May 31, 2003 to July 31, 2006.
Danielson accepted a suspension from September 1 and disqualification from results from March 1, 2005 to September 23, 2006.
Barry accepted a suspension from September 10 and disqualification from results from May 13, 2003 to July 31, 2006.
All declined to participate in the 2012 Olympic Games and were praised by USADA for confessing and accepting their suspensions.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #462
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,182
I have known for a long time that he was a cheat, and along with him probably every American who has participated in the TDF for the last 15 years. As this realization became clear to me I justified that cheating by making the argument that EVERY rider riding at that level was a cheat, and the only way to even make it to the big show was to take drugs. I then made the argument that Lance was still the best rider, because everyone was on dope.. so the best rider still won. But even that argument has failed me now, I just can no longer justify in anyway what these people did. I am embarrassed as an American, disgusted as a cyclist and immensely let down as a fan. The UCI is complicit in turning their heads for over two decades in their quest of $$. I think every person who has ever bought a Lance Armstrong trinket, jersey, bike, etc should band together in a class action lawsuit and take every penny he as from him, it was all acquired through cheating an lying. These men, George, Lance, Dave, Levi, were my heroes, they are all cheats. The sport, at the highest level is dirty beyond forgiveness, still is IMHO. Whomever has the best doping program wins, Sky had it this year. I have been following this sport a lot longer than Lance, first started riding in High School.. 1984, and I had been a LeMond fan for years before that. I will still ride, but my support for professional cycling may be gone forever.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #463
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaco View Post
So, he was cheatin from the beginin?
I would not call it cheating to allow a promising junior to ride with the seniors for training. Lemond did this all the time.

Gee, Greg has been pretty quiet lately, someone kidnap him?

My book "If You Look at Your Health in a New Way..." is available here
and as PDF here
available in Kindle format here
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:15 PM   #464
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Seems to conflicting info about rider suspensions. Also disqualifications.

From the previous ink.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/six-...ans-from-usada

The six active former teammates, Levi Leipheimer (Omega Pharma-QuickStep), Christian Vande Velde (Garmin-Sharp), David Zabriskie (Garmin-Sharp), Tom Danielson (Garmin-Sharp), Michael Barry (Sky) and George Hincapie (BMC) have subsequently all been suspended. All actively race but ended their seasons in September. Both Hincapie and Barry announced they would retire this season.
Leipheimer accepted a suspension from September 1
how convenient ... suspended on Sept 1 for 6 months... then ends in spring when new season starts. does effectively squat! can you say .... deal....
Old 10-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #465
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,182
who cares if they made a deal.. they were all cheats.. the entire peloton was full of cheats.. the fact that they made deals doesnt mean the cheating didnt happen.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: