User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average. Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 03:42 AM   #511
ST-DocLizard1 OP
Serial Monogamist

Oddometer: 801
(1-1) The series is even as they head to the Bronx for game 3. Pettitte pitched a good game except for the third frame where he loaded the bases which resulted in a 2 RBI hit by Davis. The the RBI by Reynolds in the sixth sealed the deal. The offense struggled in 2 for 8 with RISP and 10 LOB. A-Rod, Swisher, & Granderson need to hit they get back home.
ST-DocLizard1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #512
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,590
Ra-uuuooooooolllllllll!
PoundSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:37 AM   #513
ST-DocLizard1 OP
Serial Monogamist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundSand View Post
Ra-uuuooooooolllllllll!
(2-1) The 29 Million Dollar Man gets moved from DH to the bench in Game 3 in favor of a 40 years old journeyman outfielder. Raul Ibanez has been there for us all year long. Kuroda did a nice job going 8 and a third against the Orioles.
A-Rod, Swisher, & Granderson 1 for 11 last night.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:45 AM   #514
RhinoVonHawkrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,271
Thank U Filthadelphia for letting this gem go

Raul Ibanez

Go Yankees
Until the colour of a man's skin - Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes -Me say war RNM
RhinoVonHawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:26 AM   #515
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Oddometer: 23,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST-DocLizard1 View Post
(2-1) The 29 Million Dollar Man gets moved from DH to the bench in Game 3 in favor of a 40 years old journeyman outfielder. Raul Ibanez has been there for us all year long. Kuroda did a nice job going 8 and a third against the Orioles.
A-Rod, Swisher, & Granderson 1 for 11 last night.
I will never understand why its such an "emotional scar" to get moved down the lineup. If you're not performing stfu and bat where the manager tells you to.

A-rod is such a cunt. Glad to see Rah oool show him how it's done.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #516
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
I will never understand why its such an "emotional scar" to get moved down the lineup. If you're not performing stfu and bat where the manager tells you to.

I didn't watch the game, had it on the radio. But I have to say the talked about how A-Rod was the first one to congratulate Raul after each homer and went over and patted Girardi on the back after Raul hit the first one. He normally acts like a dick, but last night it sounded like he was humble and about the team.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #517
Crocker
just passing through

Oddometer: 3,493
2nd time he was up last night, I was in the middle of my saying "I think we should just walk this..." and I saw the hit and just turned off the TV.

Good game, twice now we couldn't close the door on you guys. Looking forward to tonights game.
Crocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #518
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post
I didn't watch the game, had it on the radio. But I have to say the talked about how A-Rod was the first one to congratulate Raul after each homer and went over and patted Girardi on the back after Raul hit the first one. He normally acts like a dick, but last night it sounded like he was humble and about the team.
Yeah I was referring to the TV broadcasters and it isn't the first time I've heard them say this. Not just about A-rod but pretty much any 'superstar' in the same situation. they don't want to mess with their 'psyche'. WTF. If I don't perform well at work I'll either be canned or demoted. Why should these sports people who have had to deal with failure throughout their entire careers be treated differently?

getting back to A-rod though I believe his stint at NY has pretty much provided him a huge chunk of humble pie. Starting with him being moved over to 3rd right from the get go all he's ever been handed is humility. I think at this point of his career if he can't handle being put down the order for the benefit of the team then he should go play elsewhere.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #519
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,590
Quote:
Arod has issues. But all indications are that he's been a great teammate in NY, and he handled last night perfectly.
PoundSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #520
Schatzman
I Saved Latin

Oddometer: 3,673
How bout dem O's hon!
Schatzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:15 AM   #521
ST-DocLizard1 OP
Serial Monogamist

(2-2) A match of the bullpens last night in the Bronx over 13 innings and it comes down to game 5. Kudos to Buck and the boys for hanging tough. On the other hand we were 0 for 9 with RISP and 10 were LOB.

A-Rod, Swisher, & Granderson went 1 for 14 last night.

A-Rod 2 for 16/9 K's; Granderson 1 for 16 with 9 K's in the series.

Sabathia vs. Hammel today.

It's time for offense to let loose.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:42 AM   #522
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzman View Post
How bout dem O's hon!
to be honest, as a baseball fan it's tough to root against the O's. My dad's an O's fan and he loves to rub it in my face. Still, I can't dislike what they've been able to accomplish. It's a shame their incredible season comes to an end tonight.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #523
Schatzman
I Saved Latin

Oddometer: 3,673
Quote:
to be honest, as a baseball fan it's tough to root against the O's. My dad's an O's fan and he loves to rub it in my face. Still, I can't dislike what they've been able to accomplish. It's a shame their incredible season comes to an end tonight.
I feel like nobody hates the O's. After Boston lost to them last year, I wore my O's jersey the next day while in NH and Boston, and no one said anything negative. I am getting high fives from red sox fans all day the past couple days while wearing my O's jersey. It is nice seeing people care about baseball in Baltimore again. I am still hopeful for a Washington Vs. Baltimore world series.
Schatzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #524
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Quote:
I agree, of course I am rooting against them, however it is hard to "hate" them like some other teams. If by some sad miracle they win tonight I will be rooting for them and hope they play Washington in the series.
That said CC will be on and their incredible season of golf will start tomorrow
Old 10-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #525
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Bring on the Tigers, time for some revenge

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: