Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #46
Dubl-A OP
MADE IN BURQUE

Oddometer: 1,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
All Touratech for me. I like the security and it makes my windscreen adjustable. RKA tank bag when I need it. And a basic ram mount for my ipod/ iphone.

Clean setup FBJ! I had been looking at that exact model mount, how do you like the results of its high/low setting on the highway?

Btw, how are you running power to the GPS?
Dubl-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #47
Dubl-A OP
MADE IN BURQUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
Well, getting the power wired was pretty simple, about $5-25 per bike, depending upon what connectors you want to use. As I mentioned, the Tiger was easy because it offers a second Powerlet outlet under the seat's left side. All of the other bikes already had an SAE connector wired to the same position, as I use them for battery tenders. All I needed to do was to ensure that the wiring size was large enough to handle the current, and swap out the small fuse in the SAE pigtails for a larger fuse that will handle the heated gear power draw.

The heated gear plus control system, I purchased from Warm-n-Safe via their ADV discount (thread is here on ADV, let me know if you need help locating it.) I went whole hog and got a full set of jacket/pants/glove/socks and the dual wireless controller, plus a couple of different adapters (SAE to coaxial, Powerlet to coaxial.) I'd say it was in the neighborhood of $500; I could double check on that total if you want specifics.

RAM arm and mount base for mounting the wireless heat controller, total about $15-20; I already had the scotch-lock so no expense to me there, but probably about $3 if you buy some at a craft or hardware store.

RAM ball mount for each bike differs on what style mount you use, probably about $7-15 per bike. There are many options for mounting; GPS City is a great source for all your RAM needs.
Haha, Damn IT I'm looking at heated gear now, I may PM you with specific questions. Thanks for your help YO!
Old 10-11-2012, 05:29 AM   #48
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubl-A View Post
Clean setup FBJ! I had been looking at that exact model mount, how do you like the results of its high/low setting on the highway?

Btw, how are you running power to the GPS?
Thanks, I found one setting I like on the windscreen and I never move it. The GPS is hard wired through the 665 mount. If you dont know, the zumo 665 comes with everything you need to run straight to your battery. I may have a pic that shows a little better. Ill look around.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #49
Dubl-A OP
MADE IN BURQUE

Quote:
Thanks, I found one setting I like on the windscreen and I never move it. The GPS is hard wired through the 665 mount. If you dont know, the zumo 665 comes with everything you need to run straight to your battery. I may have a pic that shows a little better. Ill look around.

Yea I want a Zumo 350LM which I thought comes with the wiring. Please post up if you do find any more pics, thanks again!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #50
Dubl-A OP
MADE IN BURQUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyman View Post
One last question, what risers are these? Were they more expensive than the standard extension risers?? More info
Old 10-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #51
cug

Oddometer: 4,178
Quote:
One last question, what risers are these? Were they more expensive than the standard extension risers?? More info
These are Rox Risers. They are more expensive, but more flexible. I have a set I don't use as I don't like the "double clamping".
cug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #52
Dubl-A OP
MADE IN BURQUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
These are Rox Risers. They are more expensive, but more flexible. I have a set I don't use as I don't like the "double clamping".
Cool thank for the info Cug. Are your risers for the 800?? If so I may buy them from ya if you're interested
Old 10-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #53
cug

Quote:
Cool thank for the info Cug. Are your risers for the 800?? If so I may buy them from ya if you're interested
Yeah, mine are for the 800. But as I'm going for surgery tomorrow morning I won't be able to send them out for a few weeks. Not certain when I actually can. That's why I'm not pushing to sell anything right now.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #54
Dubl-A OP
MADE IN BURQUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
Yeah, mine are for the 800. But as I'm going for surgery tomorrow morning I won't be able to send them out for a few weeks. Not certain when I actually can. That's why I'm not pushing to sell anything right now.
No biggie. Take care of yourself man, hope all goes well
Old 10-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #55
cug

Quote:
No biggie. Take care of yourself man, hope all goes well
Thanks. It will. Need to get more bikes!
Old 10-18-2012, 06:52 AM   #56
Dubl-A OP
MADE IN BURQUE

Questions guys/gals....

Do any of you know a way to "Daisy-chain" multiple coax heated options, controlled by (1) controller??

I specifically would like to add heated grips but would like to control the seat and grips by my (1) Coax controller.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Old 10-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #57
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,186
Quote:
Questions guys/gals....

Do any of you know a way to "Daisy-chain" multiple coax heated options, controlled by (1) controller??

I specifically would like to add heated grips but would like to control the seat and grips by my (1) Coax controller.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
I wouldn't do that... what if you need the seat but not the grips, or visa versa? just my 2c. Or maybe I'm not understanding.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:14 PM   #58
Dubl-A OP
MADE IN BURQUE

Quote:
I wouldn't do that... what if you need the seat but not the grips, or visa versa? just my 2c. Or maybe I'm not understanding.
Good point although here in the high desert area I'm pretty sure I'd be using both when its cold.

Really just trying to cut down on controls
Old 10-22-2012, 07:54 PM   #59
Bad-Tat
800 XC

Oddometer: 123
I don't think any controller will handle the load from all those devices. Why not go one for Bike heat and another for all the clothing?

1995 XR 650L, Tiger 800 XC, 72 Triumph T100R, 86 SRX 6, 05 FLSTSCI, 13 Vespa 300, 08 Versys, 14 Grom
Bad-Tat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:14 AM   #60
Dubl-A OP
MADE IN BURQUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-Tat View Post
I don't think any controller will handle the load from all those devices. Why not go one for Bike heat and another for all the clothing?
All those devices? Persoanlly I'd like to just control power for the grips and seat.