Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #481
willu707
Will, 2006 Yamaha XT225

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybertrip View Post
Credit unions!!!! They have the best rates even if your credit isn't the greatest. I've never had a dealership ever beat my credit union's rate. BTW, bankrate.com has an auto loan payment calculator. Also, dmv.ca.gov has a registration fee calculator.
Do you get an auto loan from them? Or just a private loan?
-1998 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic: Leather Saddle Bags
willu707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #482
itrack
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by willu707 View Post
Has anyone tried to finance one of these bikes? I know their only about $5K, but I just don't have that laying around LoL. Just curious what its like payment wise, insurance, etc. I know there are many factors that vary the equation in that question, but just trying to get a general idea. I love the look of the bike, and i think it would be a great upgrade from my 2006 XT225. I might just hold off and save for a few months, but I have a car loan from Honda so I thought that might make getting a bike loan easier.
I put $1500 down and my payment is like $79 a month and insurance is something like $140ish a year. I save easily double that payment a month in gas by using it to commute. If you make the commitment to actually use it to go to and from work and run errands than the bike will work out being free :)
itrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #483
Kevinsterner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Has anyone tried to finance one of these bikes? I know their only about $5K, but I just don't have that laying around LoL. Just curious what its like payment wise, insurance, etc. I know there are many factors that vary the equation in that question, but just trying to get a general idea. I love the look of the bike, and i think it would be a great upgrade from my 2006 XT225. I might just hold off and save for a few months, but I have a car loan from Honda so I thought that might make getting a bike loan easier.
I financed mine through Honda. I got 1.99 %
Check out hondas website for details
1981 Honda 750 F,1972 Yamaha 250, 1971 Hodaka
you can't fix stupid.
Kevinsterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #484
willu707
Will, 2006 Yamaha XT225

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by itrack View Post
I put $1500 down and my payment is like $79 a month and insurance is something like $140ish a year. I save easily double that payment a month in gas by using it to commute. If you make the commitment to actually use it to go to and from work and run errands than the bike will work out being free :)
How is your insurance so cheap? That's what I pay now, but for an xt225 I fully own
-1998 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic: Leather Saddle Bags
willu707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #485
cybertrip
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Do you get an auto loan from them? Or just a private loan?
Auto loan. But many have a car loan, and then a motorcycle/rv/boat loan. Mine is just an auto loan. I've got a BRP right now but I'm looking at getting a 250L and I will finance it if I get it.
cybertrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #486
bungie4
Frostback

Oddometer: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by joec63 View Post
Yeah, the stocker is very hard.
It isn't the firmness that gets me, it's sitting directly on your tailbone all the time. I'm not a big guy, 175lbs. It needs some extra width!

I'd like to do some out of town exploring, but any more than 15-20 minutes on that orange 2x4 and I'm in pain. Good thing I can find gravel roads in about 10 minutes flat in any direction

2013 FJR1300, 2004 FJR1300, 2013 CRF250L
I have a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff.
On/Offroad help when you need it - http://www.assistancelist.com
bungie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #487
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,466
Does this mean I can now post in this "owners" thread?

siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #488
goondock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:

I didnt have any extra cash laying around either, a crf that was pre ordered at my local honda dealer was not picked up so I wanted to jump on it. Financed the entire bike through honda finance came out to 97 bucks a month 3.99%, insurance was 130 for the year. done. figured I would just pay it off when i came across some extra cash but in the mean time 97 a month is not bad for me that is.
goondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #489
joec63 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by siyeh View Post
Does this mean I can now post in this "owners" thread?
you just did , congrats!
Old 10-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #490
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec63 View Post
you just did , congrats!
Thanks, Joe. Getting this bike took me a little longer than I anticipated. I found a dealer 60 miles from me who quoted $4898 out the door last JULY. I gave him $500 down and got it in writing. That deal fell through a few days ago. He called and said Honda won't ship any CRF250L's to a "tier 3 dealer" til March or April. I have no idea what this meant. Dealer said only the big guys are getting them and he was not and is not a "big guy".

So he gave me my $500 back and I found 2 on sales floors 24 and 30 miles away from me.
Dealer 24 miles away said $5250 out the door.
Dealer 30 miles from me said $5000 out the door.
Out the door to me means:
bike
title
plate
handling fee
freight and setup
sales tax
a boob job for the receptionist
and whatever the hell else they can hide in the bottom line

I paid $5000 cold hard cash out the door in Deforest WI
it was raining so I trailered it home
my bike shoe worked great but I put 2 straps on it anyway

I will prolly be asking you guys a ton of questions in the near future
Old 10-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #491
byron555
Lame Duck Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,056
I think I saw your bike today

Quote:

I paid $5000 cold hard cash out the door in Deforest WI
it was raining so I trailered it home
my bike shoe worked great but I put 2 straps on it anyway

I will prolly be asking you guys a ton of questions in the near future
Mad City Power sports? I was there with my daughter this morning looking at it in the back being setup for a test ride later in the day. Apparently it had just come in...

the seat was off, but over all it looked like a very nice bike, enjoy it
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997633
byron555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #492
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by byron555 View Post
Mad City Power sports? I was there with my daughter this morning looking at it in the back being setup for a test ride later in the day. Apparently it had just come in...

the seat was off, but over all it looked like a very nice bike, enjoy it
Yeppers

They called me a week ago informed me they just got one in. Vetesniks in Richland Center showed a CRF250L on their website a month ago. Me and the boy rode over and they sold it right before we got there. Salesman at Richland Center said quote "our Madison location is getting the next one".
So I had to jump fast and the best way to do that is a pocket full of Ben Franklins.

I bought a bike from MadCity a little over a year ago. They came off MSRP $1500 on a new Honda Phantom at that time. No such luck on this one. These bikes are hot, boys and girls, and my feeling is Honda will sell every one they can build. There are 4499 reasons I feel this way. Old guys with cash in hand will keep the demand for this bike strong. IMHO
Old 10-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #493
Kevinsterner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungie4 View Post
It isn't the firmness that gets me, it's sitting directly on your tailbone all the time. I'm not a big guy, 175lbs. It needs some extra width!

I'd like to do some out of town exploring, but any more than 15-20 minutes on that orange 2x4 and I'm in pain. Good thing I can find gravel roads in about 10 minutes flat in any direction
I just ordered a new seat from seat concepts for the exact same reason. I took a 100 mile ride and my tail bone was sore for weeks
1981 Honda 750 F,1972 Yamaha 250, 1971 Hodaka
you can't fix stupid.
Kevinsterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:51 AM   #494
Shooter83
Inmate # 5.56x45

Oddometer: 8
Just got an email back from a local Honda dealer. He said the "total out the door price, including all fees" would be $4,895 for one of these bikes.

That seems like a pretty good deal, compared to what I'm seeing other people report what they paid, no?
Shooter83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:53 AM   #495
byron555
Lame Duck Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,056
Quote:
Yeppers

These bikes are hot, boys and girls, and my feeling is Honda will sell every one they can build. There are 4499 reasons I feel this way. Old guys with cash in hand will keep the demand for this bike strong. IMHO
Agreed, my old man is trying to look at one, but they keep selling before he has a chance. He may end up sticking with his crf230L. easier to load alone on a hitch rack.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997633
byron555 is offline   Reply With Quote