Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 01:42 AM   #16
FR700
Heckler™©®

Oddometer: 5,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNZ View Post
In Pa. the kicker is, "home assembled"! They say they need to know that it was assembled correctly, thus the need to take it to an ENHANSED state inspector, for the reason stated. $$$$$ Again, the high FEE'S are to discourage this practice.
It is another way to tax the middle class.........call it a FEE!

What the hell is an "enhansed state inspector" ?

Or did you mean , enhanced ? ... in which case , in what way ? ... face lift , tit enlargement , suck the chrome off a ' 69 Cadillac kind of enhanced ?

Old 10-12-2012, 04:21 AM   #17
Barnone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,810
Quote:
What have you explained about HF trailers in Pa? If a trailer requires assembly in Pa. it needs to be inspected before a title will be issued in Pa. Whats to explain?
How does PA know the HF trailer came in a box and had to be put together? It's quite a simple task, probably even you could accomplish it. For the last time, the HF trailer comes with a normal MCO and is DOT approved.
2014 Ice Bear PBZ110-1P Z50 clone monkey sidecar
2014 Sky Team MC-D34 CT70 clone
Barnone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #18
YOUNZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
How does PA know the HF trailer came in a box and had to be put together? It's quite a simple task, probably even you could accomplish it. For the last time, the HF trailer comes with a normal MCO and is DOT approved.
When I enquired, the "state" said it is aware that most mail order trailers arrive at your door "not assembled"! That means the buyer must construct them from a box of parts, no matter how "approved" the parts may or may not be by the MCO and DOT, they still must be assembled, and that is what must be inspected by an inspector that has shone expertise and knowledge of mechanical assembly (the enhanced) inspector as opposed to the regular inspector. That's all well and easily understood (by most), perhaps not you. My bitch was with the exorbitant FEE.
As to what I can build, I built my house and garage, my bike trailer, my sidecar (from scratch), race cars, in my twenties, a garage business before I was thirty, employing half a dozen people, I've written and published a book, www.bootcamtoeternity.com etc, etc. What have you built?
YOUNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:25 AM   #19
FR700
Heckler™©®

Oddometer: 5,855
Quote:
I've written and published a book, www.bootcamtoeternity.com etc, etc. What have you built?

... but you suck at linking to the site

Fer fucks sake ... http://www.bootcamptoeternity.com/

Old 10-12-2012, 06:40 AM   #20
RAGBrian
jonesing for a ride

Oddometer: 938
Quote:
When I enquired, the "state" said it is aware that most mail order trailers arrive at your door "not assembled"! That means the buyer must construct them from a box of parts, no matter how "approved" the parts may or may not be by the MCO and DOT, they still must be assembled, and that is what must be inspected by an inspector that has shone expertise and knowledge of mechanical assembly (the enhanced) inspector as opposed to the regular inspector. That's all well and easily understood (by most), perhaps not you. My bitch was with the exorbitant FEE.
As to what I can build, I built my house and garage, my bike trailer, my sidecar (from scratch), race cars, in my twenties, a garage business before I was thirty, employing half a dozen people, I've written and published a book, www.bootcamtoeternity.com etc, etc. What have you built?
One of those trailers!

What's your definition of exorbitant? Maybe post the 2 prices for the benefit of those in PA. Perhaps the reasoning in your state is that there have been some happy and unsafe trailers in the state, so the filter is a qualified person who is trained to spot such things?

In Missouri when I had my larger HF trailer inspected I had to take it to a trailer shop that does inspections to have it get the 1st & only inspection. Standard fee applied and took less than 15 minutes.

I have thinking about getting a smaller HF trailer for the moto lately, and build something similar to what has been made.

phat fingered on my phone with Tapatalk

RAGBrian screwed with this post 10-12-2012 at 06:58 AM
RAGBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #21
YOUNZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR700 View Post
... but you suck at linking to the site

Fer fucks sake ... http://www.bootcamptoeternity.com/

You forgot to mention what you've built! Fer fucks sake...
Old 10-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #22
Barnone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,810
Younz,
Some of the things I have built are two houses, multiple cars, garages, barns, furniture, mini bikes, livestock trailer, computers, sailboats, power boats, canoes, motorcycle trailer, etc.

Send me some money and I will put together a HF trailer, register it, tag it, and ship it to you in PA, OK?

If you are hung up on a "mail order trailer" you can go by a Harbor Freight or Northern Tool store and pick up the trailer in a box. I won't tell the "state" that you bolted it together. It is quite simple to do.
2014 Ice Bear PBZ110-1P Z50 clone monkey sidecar
2014 Sky Team MC-D34 CT70 clone
Barnone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #23
YOUNZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
Younz,
Some of the things I have built are two houses, multiple cars, garages, barns, furniture, mini bikes, livestock trailer, computers, sailboats, power boats, canoes, motorcycle trailer, etc.

Send me some money and I will put together a HF trailer, register it, tag it, and ship it to you in PA, OK?

If you are hung up on a "mail order trailer" you can go by a Harbor Freight or Northern Tool store and pick up the trailer in a box. I won't tell the "state" that you bolted it together. It is quite simple to do.
Well then, we have something in common, we like to build stuff. I was warning, in Pa. it costs three times as much to get a Home built/home assembled trailer inspected, as it was just a few years ago. $15 dollars, then, as now, it is $50 dollars, due to the required enhanced inspection, even though it only took 5 minutes to inspect mine. I thought that was interesting information. Most don't realize in Pa., even a "new" trailer will require an inspection, if the buyer assembles it. Apparently, that's difficult to comprehend. Fer fucks sake, y'all.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #24
Bobmws
Curmudgeon At Large

Oddometer: 1,095
Quote:
Well then, we have something in common, we like to build stuff. I was warning, in Pa. it costs three times as much to get a Home built/home assembled trailer inspected, as it was just a few years ago. $15 dollars, then, as now, it is $50 dollars, due to the required enhanced inspection, even though it only took 5 minutes to inspect mine. I thought that was interesting information. Most don't realize in Pa., even a "new" trailer will require an inspection, if the buyer assembles it. Apparently, that's difficult to comprehend. Fer fucks sake, y'all.
Your whining about a $35 difference! Really? Is it snowing in Da Burgh already......
www.earplugco.com
Bobmws is offline   Reply With Quote