ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 01:42 AM   #16
FR700
Heckler™©®
 
FR700's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Traveler
Oddometer: 5,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNZ View Post
In Pa. the kicker is, "home assembled"! They say they need to know that it was assembled correctly, thus the need to take it to an ENHANSED state inspector, for the reason stated. $$$$$ Again, the high FEE'S are to discourage this practice.
It is another way to tax the middle class.........call it a FEE!


What the hell is an "enhansed state inspector" ?

Or did you mean , enhanced ? ... in which case , in what way ? ... face lift , tit enlargement , suck the chrome off a ' 69 Cadillac kind of enhanced ?


__________________
I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
FR700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:21 AM   #17
Barnone
Beastly Adventurer
 
Barnone's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: WNC SWFL
Oddometer: 3,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNZ View Post
What have you explained about HF trailers in Pa? If a trailer requires assembly in Pa. it needs to be inspected before a title will be issued in Pa. Whats to explain?
How does PA know the HF trailer came in a box and had to be put together? It's quite a simple task, probably even you could accomplish it. For the last time, the HF trailer comes with a normal MCO and is DOT approved.
__________________
Vince @ SWFL or WNC 2001 Kawasaki W650
2012 Dong Fang DF250RTB hard tail bobber
2014 Sky Team ST125-8A Z50 clone monkey bike
2014 Ice Bear PBZ110-1P Z50 clone monkey sidecar
2014 Sky Team MC-D34 CT70 clone
Barnone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #18
YOUNZ
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Around Pittsburgh
Oddometer: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
How does PA know the HF trailer came in a box and had to be put together? It's quite a simple task, probably even you could accomplish it. For the last time, the HF trailer comes with a normal MCO and is DOT approved.
When I enquired, the "state" said it is aware that most mail order trailers arrive at your door "not assembled"! That means the buyer must construct them from a box of parts, no matter how "approved" the parts may or may not be by the MCO and DOT, they still must be assembled, and that is what must be inspected by an inspector that has shone expertise and knowledge of mechanical assembly (the enhanced) inspector as opposed to the regular inspector. That's all well and easily understood (by most), perhaps not you. My bitch was with the exorbitant FEE.
As to what I can build, I built my house and garage, my bike trailer, my sidecar (from scratch), race cars, in my twenties, a garage business before I was thirty, employing half a dozen people, I've written and published a book, www.bootcamtoeternity.com etc, etc. What have you built?
YOUNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:25 AM   #19
FR700
Heckler™©®
 
FR700's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Traveler
Oddometer: 5,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNZ View Post
I've written and published a book, www.bootcamtoeternity.com etc, etc. What have you built?


... but you suck at linking to the site


Fer fucks sake ... http://www.bootcamptoeternity.com/


.
__________________
I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
FR700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:40 AM   #20
RAGBrian
jonesing for a ride
 
RAGBrian's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Wildwood, MO
Oddometer: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNZ View Post
When I enquired, the "state" said it is aware that most mail order trailers arrive at your door "not assembled"! That means the buyer must construct them from a box of parts, no matter how "approved" the parts may or may not be by the MCO and DOT, they still must be assembled, and that is what must be inspected by an inspector that has shone expertise and knowledge of mechanical assembly (the enhanced) inspector as opposed to the regular inspector. That's all well and easily understood (by most), perhaps not you. My bitch was with the exorbitant FEE.
As to what I can build, I built my house and garage, my bike trailer, my sidecar (from scratch), race cars, in my twenties, a garage business before I was thirty, employing half a dozen people, I've written and published a book, www.bootcamtoeternity.com etc, etc. What have you built?
One of those trailers!

What's your definition of exorbitant? Maybe post the 2 prices for the benefit of those in PA. Perhaps the reasoning in your state is that there have been some happy and unsafe trailers in the state, so the filter is a qualified person who is trained to spot such things?

In Missouri when I had my larger HF trailer inspected I had to take it to a trailer shop that does inspections to have it get the 1st & only inspection. Standard fee applied and took less than 15 minutes.

I have thinking about getting a smaller HF trailer for the moto lately, and build something similar to what has been made.

phat fingered on my phone with Tapatalk
__________________
RAGBrian :: NC700X ::1978 CX500 Standard :: 1976 CB360T ::
"Going where you don't belong, I decided a long time ago, is the root of all misery and the soul of all adventure." - Peter Egan

RAGBrian screwed with this post 10-12-2012 at 06:58 AM
RAGBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #21
YOUNZ
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Around Pittsburgh
Oddometer: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR700 View Post
... but you suck at linking to the site


Fer fucks sake ... http://www.bootcamptoeternity.com/


.
You forgot to mention what you've built! Fer fucks sake...
YOUNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #22
Barnone
Beastly Adventurer
 
Barnone's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: WNC SWFL
Oddometer: 3,810
Younz,
Some of the things I have built are two houses, multiple cars, garages, barns, furniture, mini bikes, livestock trailer, computers, sailboats, power boats, canoes, motorcycle trailer, etc.

Send me some money and I will put together a HF trailer, register it, tag it, and ship it to you in PA, OK?

If you are hung up on a "mail order trailer" you can go by a Harbor Freight or Northern Tool store and pick up the trailer in a box. I won't tell the "state" that you bolted it together. It is quite simple to do.
__________________
Vince @ SWFL or WNC 2001 Kawasaki W650
2012 Dong Fang DF250RTB hard tail bobber
2014 Sky Team ST125-8A Z50 clone monkey bike
2014 Ice Bear PBZ110-1P Z50 clone monkey sidecar
2014 Sky Team MC-D34 CT70 clone
Barnone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #23
YOUNZ
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Around Pittsburgh
Oddometer: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
Younz,
Some of the things I have built are two houses, multiple cars, garages, barns, furniture, mini bikes, livestock trailer, computers, sailboats, power boats, canoes, motorcycle trailer, etc.

Send me some money and I will put together a HF trailer, register it, tag it, and ship it to you in PA, OK?

If you are hung up on a "mail order trailer" you can go by a Harbor Freight or Northern Tool store and pick up the trailer in a box. I won't tell the "state" that you bolted it together. It is quite simple to do.
Well then, we have something in common, we like to build stuff. I was warning, in Pa. it costs three times as much to get a Home built/home assembled trailer inspected, as it was just a few years ago. $15 dollars, then, as now, it is $50 dollars, due to the required enhanced inspection, even though it only took 5 minutes to inspect mine. I thought that was interesting information. Most don't realize in Pa., even a "new" trailer will require an inspection, if the buyer assembles it. Apparently, that's difficult to comprehend. Fer fucks sake, y'all.
YOUNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #24
Bobmws
Curmudgeon At Large
 
Bobmws's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Same trailer, different park, FL
Oddometer: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNZ View Post
Well then, we have something in common, we like to build stuff. I was warning, in Pa. it costs three times as much to get a Home built/home assembled trailer inspected, as it was just a few years ago. $15 dollars, then, as now, it is $50 dollars, due to the required enhanced inspection, even though it only took 5 minutes to inspect mine. I thought that was interesting information. Most don't realize in Pa., even a "new" trailer will require an inspection, if the buyer assembles it. Apparently, that's difficult to comprehend. Fer fucks sake, y'all.
Your whining about a $35 difference! Really? Is it snowing in Da Burgh already......
__________________
Bob Weis 04 K12RS - Hannigan Hack
Everything happens for a reason, but sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions.
Photo's: http://s1077.photobucket.com/albums/w464/Bobmws/
www.earplugco.com
Bobmws is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014