Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2012, 05:23 AM   #11
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Oddometer: 5,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrout View Post
You seem to be impervious to altitude with your India / Himalayas ride and current venture. I know of a super fit mountaineering guy who got seriously ill at 13,000 ft in the Andries and had to call off his hike/ climb. How are you feeling ?

Enquiring minds wish to know. (no pressure)
Logan - have read a bunch about Altitude and the best I can say is that in India I did use Diamox for a few days as we approached the 11,000-13,000 foot level. But just for a few days then off it. The other real big thing is hydration. Drinking tons of water ...... This helps the body to Acclimatize. you also need to pee often

I feel really good at the Altitude. Have had a few nights were I did not sleep great, and sometimes dreams are a bit strange. Couple nights ago I had a terrible time getting any sleep, but I had not had any Mate de Coco or anything else like coffee .....so I just do not really know what it was. Usually I am a great sleeper :)

Hope that helps. And Altitude sickness is a serious thing to consider. I know that most of the hotels here have some type of Oxygen in case people are having issues.

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote