Oddometer: 1,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon View Post
It seems like just yesterday....

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=731

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=735

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=740

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=743

Edit: just to be clear, what I'm saying is that a year ago you were singing the praises of Texas, saying how much better off they were without Muschamp, saying Diaz was a better coordinator, and you stated that Muschamp wasn't up for the job in Gainesville. One would think that if Texas had kept Muschamp and given him Mack Brown's job, it could be Texas in the top 5 instead of Florida.

Funny how much things can change in a year.
Let me clear it up for you, Muschamp is still a douche. Just ask Linzi.
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #1082
Berto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubwheat View Post
As long as the Gators keep winning he can be whatever he wants

Everyone has a use in life. Even if it is only to serve as a bad example
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #1083
OuttaMyWay
I shook his hand!!!!1!!

Oddometer: 8,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto View Post
As long as the Gators keep winning he can be whatever he wants
The dark side of sports, distilled to 200-proof purity.

Do you not have a sliver of any vague idea of what the fuck your talking about, or is this some sort of performance art about the limitations of man?
--KaceCoyote
OuttaMyWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #1084
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,761
Quote:
So are most successful football coaches. They're all high paid used car salesmen. The only one we thought had any character or morals passed away right as the world was indicting him for harboring a child molester.
NativeSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #1085
Linzi
Crazy Plott Lady

Oddometer: 15,438
Quote:
The only one we thought had any character or morals passed away right as the world was indicting him for harboring a child molester.
Game, set, match.
Linzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #1086
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

SEC! SEC!

Old 10-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #1087
spanky
Well, maybe...

Oddometer: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
I'll be heading South for UTEP/Tulane.

But it sucks, cause I would have also liked to hit CC v AFA in hockey then AFA/UNM... if they had scheduled football earlier then one could have the tri-fecta and go up to watch DU hosting AFA.

Most of the year AFA gets my cheer-- cept for CSt and UNM.
Are you backing Tulane? If so that'll count as Spanky bonus points 'cause I'm from Louisiana.

As for your love of hockey, well, all I can is that it reminds me on an old saying:

"I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out!"

You like hockey so you must be a violent person which makes sense since you're a mod.
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #1088
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
So are most successful football coaches. They're all high paid used car salesmen. The only one we thought had any character or morals passed away right as the world was indicting him for harboring a child molester.
Help me here, what did/does Paterno's lack of character and morals have to do with Muschamp being a douchebag?

And, look, Paterno's character was in question by quite a few people, when he failed to retire when it was pretty evident, he had been over the hill for the last 15 or 20 years.

If there aren't any coaches in college football with morals and character, maybe we ought to just scrap the whole college sports thing and get schools back into the whole teaching thing.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:44 AM   #1089
Gham
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,304
Quote:

If there aren't any coaches in college football with morals and character, maybe we ought to just scrap the whole college sports thing and get schools back into the whole teaching thing.
The economy would collapse

Society Historicus Revisioniscus
Gham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #1090
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Oddometer: 4,141
Big game this Saturday.....

ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #1091
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDill View Post
Big game this Saturday.....

I'm not betting on the rooster this time.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #1092
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
I'm not betting on the rooster this time.
Chomp chomp
Old 10-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #1093
NativeSon OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
A. Help me here, what did/does Paterno's lack of character and morals have to do with Muschamp being a douchebag?

B. And, look, Paterno's character was in question by quite a few people, when he failed to retire when it was pretty evident, he had been over the hill for the last 15 or 20 years.

C. If there aren't any coaches in college football with morals and character, maybe we ought to just scrap the whole college sports thing and get schools back into the whole teaching thing.
You're a troll in the worst way possible. I don't just mean in an internet sense either. I literally picture you living under a bridge. With a laptop. Writing things on advrider just to annoy people.

A. Muschamp isn't a douchebag, and if Linzi wants him gone to get Spurrier back, then she obviously doesn't remember the era well. Spurrier was easily one of the most hated men in college sports. He went into Athens one year and put 50 points on the board just because he could. He also did exactly what Muschamp did when he left Gainesville for a better job. What does Paterno have to do with Muschamp? The point is that even the most sainted personas in college sports had serious flaws. So far, every "good guy" in college football has eventually been exposed as a sociopath. If we're going to be in business with the devil, one might as well hope we end up winning a few damn games.

B. You're equating refusing to retire to harboring a child molester? Want to go down that road pal?

C. Ironic how when your school starts to lose, academia should scrap athletics.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #1094
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
You're a troll in the worst way possible. I don't just mean in an internet sense either. I literally picture you living under a bridge. With a laptop. Writing things on advrider just to annoy people.

A. Muschamp isn't a douchebag, and if Linzi wants him gone to get Spurrier back, then she obviously doesn't remember the era well. Spurrier was easily one of the most hated men in college sports. He went into Athens one year and put 50 points on the board just because he could. He also did exactly what Muschamp did when he left Gainesville for a better job. What does Paterno have to do with Muschamp? The point is that even the most sainted personas in college sports had serious flaws. So far, every "good guy" in college football has eventually been exposed as a sociopath. If we're going to be in business with the devil, one might as well hope we end up winning a few damn games.

B. You're equating refusing to retire to harboring a child molester? Want to go down that road pal?

C. Ironic how when your school starts to lose, academia should scrap athletics.
Well, if I could live under a bridge and get an internet connection, I'd most likely do it. But currently, I full time RV and I'm in Las Vegas.

I'm retired, and I have all day to aggravate people like you that load up the 'nets with false equivalencies.

It also appears from your post that reading comprehension is not one of your big selling points. You equated douchebaggery with character and morals, and I'm just wondering how you got there. My contention is that you can have a lack of character and morals and not be a douchebag. Paterno was certainly lacking in C&M, but he never demonstrated douchebaggery that I am aware of.

As for me wanting to scrap college football because Texas is on a losing streak? Please reread what I wrote a couple of times and hopefully it'll become clear to you.

And seriously, do you drink while posting? How in the hell do you get to: "You're equating refusing to retire to harboring a child molester? Want to go down that road pal?"
Old 10-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #1095
Linzi
Crazy Plott Lady

Oddometer: 15,438
Quote:
Muschamp isn't a douchebag, and if Linzi wants him gone to get Spurrier back, then she obviously doesn't remember the era well.
Lighten up, Francis. My memory serves me just fine. You've read my complaints about Muschamp - you can dig them all up if you'd like, 'cause you're good at that. In my opinion, he's a douchebag. In my opinion, he does not "feel" like Florida football. In my opinion, the mental image of an recreational vehicle dweller in Nevada getting you all twisted up on the Interwebz is hilarious.

Sorry.

Tangent.

Linzi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: