ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 384 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #2881
OLDNX
Studly Adventurer
 
OLDNX's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: L.A. lower alabama
Oddometer: 605
OK Here is the billion dollar question, what TANK or TD line should I try next? I have been playing German arty and got pretty good (pat self on back) but every time I try a tank, I SUCK, its like Im a shell magnet. Its like my right hand hates my left hand, I careen around like a hippie on ludes. I have tried fast-slow, flanking, hiding behind teammates nothing seams to work. The enemy see me, boom I die.
Should I stick to being a ARTY SCUMBAG (I really play to help the team) or become a real TANKER.
__________________
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck
OLDNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #2882
papalobster
With Gusto!
 
papalobster's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: FDL, WI
Oddometer: 12,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDNX View Post
OK Here is the billion dollar question, what TANK or TD line should I try next? I have been playing German arty and got pretty good (pat self on back) but every time I try a tank, I SUCK, its like Im a shell magnet. Its like my right hand hates my left hand, I careen around like a hippie on ludes. I have tried fast-slow, flanking, hiding behind teammates nothing seams to work. The enemy see me, boom I die.
Should I stick to being a ARTY SCUMBAG (I really play to help the team) or become a real TANKER.
Sounds like my play style. that may be why I like TD's. Hide and snipe. I've found I'm not a good drive around and shoot kinda guy.

I used Most of my gold to convert xp so I can get the big gun on the Patton. Looks like I still need some more gold.

On a side note, Wargaming announced that they may allow you to use credits to pay for "gold" rounds in 8.1.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #2883
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer
 
SkidMarx's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Ortonville, MI
Oddometer: 1,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDNX View Post
I careen around like a hippie on ludes.
Sounds like a perfect match for a T-50-2 driver.
__________________
'90 XT350
'08 WR250R
GLDS
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #2884
vwboomer
Buffoon
 
vwboomer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: WI
Oddometer: 9,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
Sounds like my play style. that may be why I like TD's. Hide and snipe. I've found I'm not a good drive around and shoot kinda guy.

I used Most of my gold to convert xp so I can get the big gun on the Patton. Looks like I still need some more gold.

On a side note, Wargaming announced that they may allow you to use credits to pay for "gold" rounds in 8.1.
I'm not a run and gun guy. mouse pad is not conducive to such play. and if I hooked up a mouse, well then, I couldn't play it as a laptop anymore eal

I followed Oldnx around on a battle this morning until I got pummeled from the side, and he did in fact look drunk
__________________
It's important to own a great adventure bike, and leave it in the garage because there's no time to adventure
vwboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #2885
Geek
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft, Twin Spruce Gap, Colorado
Oddometer: 30,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
No, because it opens up both the US heavy and medium lines....however, be warned, the Lee grind is tough to survive to get to the Sherman.
I'm Lee "grinding" now... 8000 more research points and that M4 Sherman is all mine
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:11 PM   #2886
OLDNX
Studly Adventurer
 
OLDNX's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: L.A. lower alabama
Oddometer: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
I'm not a run and gun guy. mouse pad is not conducive to such play. and if I hooked up a mouse, well then, I couldn't play it as a laptop anymore eal

I followed Oldnx around on a battle this morning until I got pummeled from the side, and he did in fact look drunk
Glad someone else saw my driving style. I think I have concussion or old hipppie syndrome ( to many hits to the head or to many hits in the head.

Im thinking TD also, but witch country
__________________
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck
OLDNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #2887
Rafiki
Some Dude
 
Rafiki's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Petersburg, NJ
Oddometer: 1,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDNX View Post

Im thinking TD also, but witch country
Do you like a movable turret?
Or no?
I love my m18 and t25,but the hetzer and definitly the Stug are awesome to play...
__________________
'94 XR650L ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Monkey killing Monkey over pieces of ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs.
They make a club, And beat their brother down."
Rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #2888
Barike
Spindly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Jones, OK
Oddometer: 642
As far as TD's, there again, depends on play style lol... Some are more of a sniper than others... I'm going up the German line, but in a number of ways I wish I'd gone Russian TD's instead... Partially for the tier 10 camo rating LOL
Barike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #2889
OLDNX
Studly Adventurer
 
OLDNX's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: L.A. lower alabama
Oddometer: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafiki View Post
Do you like a movable turret?
Or no?
I love my m18 and t25,but the hetzer and definitly the Stug are awesome to play...
American line is the way I was leaning
__________________
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck
OLDNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #2890
Toysrme
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Oddometer: 221
i feel bad for everyone doing the m3 lee now. a long time ago it had more armor and seems like it fired quicker to me. now it seems to give beginners a pretty rough time.
Toysrme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:40 AM   #2891
vwboomer
Buffoon
 
vwboomer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: WI
Oddometer: 9,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toysrme View Post
i feel bad for everyone doing the m3 lee now. a long time ago it had more armor and seems like it fired quicker to me. now it seems to give beginners a pretty rough time.
I gave up on it myself. thing was a turd.
__________________
It's important to own a great adventure bike, and leave it in the garage because there's no time to adventure
vwboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:12 AM   #2892
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer
 
MN_Smurf's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Oxford, MI
Oddometer: 2,206
The key to playing the Lee is to forget it's a tank.....play it like a TD.
__________________
'09 Kawi Versys
MN_Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:56 AM   #2893
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Kingsville MO
Oddometer: 5,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
The key to playing the Lee is to forget it's a tank.....play it like a TD.
Yup...it is not a tank....it is a VERY tall TD.

You gotta admit everytime you see a Lee you go....what an easy target.
__________________
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist
[/FONT]
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:01 AM   #2894
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Kingsville MO
Oddometer: 5,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDNX View Post
American line is the way I was leaning
I would say it depends on what you want....I think the american TD's more like tanks with thin armor and a higher profile. The German and Soviet with their smaller profiles are what I like.

Like someone else said if you can't win with a stug you are not going to win with anything.....I think a nerf is coming to a stug near you....after you get the top gun on the su85 and su100 they are pretty nice....before that they both suck big time. The only french TD I have is the gold tier 3 and I like it quite a bit....I always make at least 10k with that thing....but it is slow and has a very small traverse so it does take time to get use to it....I may try the Dmax if it ever goes on sale....I love the depression on that thing....Perfect for some reverse slope sniping.
__________________
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist
[/FONT]
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:25 AM   #2895
Flood
F5lood.
 
Flood's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Austria
Oddometer: 10,161
After playing Marder and Hetzer I switched to the US TD line because I wanted a Hellcat.

I'm now in a maxed out T49 with 80% or so crew and it's great fun. Stupid quick and a lot of punching power. More of a scout that can hold its ground.
__________________
TEAM F5

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014