ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #18871
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,646
Xr4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRatRider13 View Post
What a bummer.. I have been tossing around the idea of getting a plated XR400 for singletrack/desert/lite adv/ around town/slickrock shredder. any of you guys have any thoughts on this?
Me likes... I just sold one because it wasn't getting enough use. I had a high compression piston and a pumper carb, scott's damper, desert tank, light rack for gear. awesome bike. My XR650R is set up the same way, and I just do more big adv rides than super technical single track.

Tomorrow's Slab Twisties are still on...

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #18872
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
I'm going out w/ my little brother on a big slab ride if anyone's interested. Probably meet at the base of BCC around 1:00 on Saturday, and ride till sunset.

Guardsmans pass, midway, wolf creek pass, Hanna, Duschenne, Price, Huntington/cyn, Fairview, hwy 89 to 6, springville, slab i-15 home...
Hey Kev - I didn't get any bites on a trail ride today, so if you guys are still going out ill meet you in the parking lot at the bottom of BCC about 1. I'll PM you my number in case you need it.

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #18873
dentedvw
Where did I put that

Oddometer: 2,138
I'm pretty sure I almost ran over Harcus today near Aragonite. He just kept motoring, my ADV sticker didn't even earn me a salute.
But, I was driving my huge whale of a van down a trail. Trying out a few extra inches of lift on the family adventure wagon/tiny camper.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #18874
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Desert dog

We hiked the knolls to get away from hunters... not so far from aragonite!

Yesterday's slab tour w/ KCM1 was a lot of fun. Visibility on Guardsmans/Wolf Creek was about 10 ft through frozen fog! all in all a great time after my fingers thawed out!

Old 10-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #18875
harcus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentedvw View Post
I'm pretty sure I almost ran over Harcus today near Aragonite. He just kept motoring, my ADV sticker didn't even earn me a salute.
But, I was driving my huge whale of a van down a trail. Trying out a few extra inches of lift on the family adventure wagon/tiny camper.

Hmmm...Could be. I find you have to be careful with those that try to trick you with Adv stickers...Not that I am paranoid. Or maybe I was in the ozone. Sunny day, good tracks, good bike vibs...gotta love it.

Current rides - '14 KTM 1190 R Adv <2k, '07 990Adv 39k, '12 500EXC 7k, '09 GasGas 300 Raga
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #18876
Ryman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
We hiked the knolls to get away from hunters... not so far from aragonite!

Yesterday's slab tour w/ KCM1 was a lot of fun. Visibility on Guardsmans/Wolf Creek was about 10 ft through frozen fog! all in all a great time after my fingers thawed out!
Ever notice how people look just like their dogs.

Utards in Baja
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674444
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #18877
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,211
Had a blast riding w Fano yesterday and Steve Kimball... Didn't realize so many folks were out in the west desert yesterday. Makes sense though - it was awesome...

Typical Fano fashion rode very fast and pretty hard, so hard there there was no time to take pics, particularly of all of the really really good stuff. Cherry creek is aaawesome... Particularly the rippin, tight single track. I felt like I was tree skiing! 140 miles total...

Here are a couple pics...

it was greasy and slick as snot in parts, Steve took possible the most dramatic, flailing, arms out/land on your back wipeout I've ever, seen luckily just into some greasy mud pit... Here's the aftermath:

towards the end of the night with the sun getting low. awesome, so cool to know that some of this awesome riding is so close...

dieselcruiserhead screwed with this post 10-15-2012 at 10:49 AM
dieselcruiserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #18878
GISkev
wwfsmd?

SUnday

^^^ Ryman: I'll take that as a compliment.

DCH: nice pics.

When i was headed home from the Knolls in the truck there was some dude on a Yamaha on the dirt road in Delle riding a wheelie and keeping up with freeway traffic, like 75 mph!

Old 10-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #18879
VitSports6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Saw a couple good sized groups of duals heading up Big Cottonwood yesterday (sunday) around 11am, I took my wife up to Silver Fork Lodge for some breakie on our motorcycle for our anniversary, it was a bit chilly at 9am but beautiful none the less.
Still need to get in on a group ride
Old 10-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #18880
fano
here and there

Oddometer: 630
I am glad you had fun on our Tour de Cherry Creek dieselcruserhead. We hit a little bit of everything what cc has to offer. Fast double track, tight single track, some sand, few hill climbs and couple of whoops.

05 KTM 450 MXC , 01 Triumph Tiger 955i
04 KTM 950 ADV , 00 Husaberg 501FE
04 GasGas TXT300 PRO , 70 Jawa 250
fano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #18881
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,738
Perfect CC season. Get it while it lasts. Soon all the north side stuff will be too wet and we will be stuck pounding through whoops.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #18882
dozer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Fano, Frog

Where is the best place to park at Cherry Creek?
dozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #18883
Nw_adventure
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Been a lurker of this site for awhile, first post ! lol

Anyways moved to SLC three years ago from Seattle with my Drz and just very surprised in regards to the lack of dual-sports in the area. Guess everyone has an atv, cooler, camo and shotguns instead...

Hoping to get a few more rides in before it starts snowing :)

S-
Nw_adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #18884
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer View Post
Fano, Frog

Where is the best place to park at Cherry Creek?
This time of year park on cherry creek Rd. There is a lot of stuff in the low grass lands but also fun stuff in the mountains.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #18885
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
This time of year park on cherry creek Rd. There is a lot of stuff in the low grass lands but also fun stuff in the mountains.
Here ya go park here head down to right after the cattle guard and there will be single track to the right. Its a little off but it will get you close. If you scroll down the Rd to the south you can zoom in and see single track leading all over.
Cherry Creek Rd, UT
http://m.google.com/u/m/z2GyDQ