Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #91
Buccleuch
Resistance is futile.

Oddometer: 1,711
Both the Toyota Camry and Hyundai Sonata were new generations as 2011 model years.

So why was one included and one not? Motor Trend doesn't offer an explanation that I can find.

W.A.
Buccleuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #92
jmlmjmjm
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccleuch View Post
Both the Toyota Camry and Hyundai Sonata were new generations as 2011 model years.

So why was one included and one not? Motor Trend doesn't offer an explanation that I can find.

W.A.
I messed up...I was referencing the Car & Driver comparo (11\12 issue) which did NOT include the Camry or the Sonata as they have both lost to the Passat previously and they mention this as the reason for not including them.
jmlmjmjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:04 PM   #93
NDEBT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,170
I tried one today. Yeah I'm that guy. Very little body roll good throttle respose and good breaking. I like it.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
NDEBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:34 PM   #94
tkitna
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,948
I just cant do it. My luck with Honda has just been to good to go back to the American manufacturers. I wish I could change my mind because thats a great looking car, and i'll be in the market this spring since the boy turned 16. I'll probably just buy him a boring 4 cylinder Accord. I am anxious to read some actual owner reviews though.

2008 DL650
2013 Goldwing
tkitna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:00 AM   #95
nskitts OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,116
The wheels are killing it. Sorry, it matters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samthg View Post
Early morning visit to a dealer in Long Beach, CA yesterday. I'm actually looking for a new truck and spotted these, so here ya go...

nskitts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #96
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
I just cant do it. My luck with Honda has just been to good to go back to the American manufacturers. I wish I could change my mind because thats a great looking car, and i'll be in the market this spring since the boy turned 16. I'll probably just buy him a boring 4 cylinder Accord. I am anxious to read some actual owner reviews though.
It isn't about luck. It's about quality and longevity. Honda has historically been among the best, which explains your ownership experience.

10 years ago you couldn't have paid me to own a ford. Today I own two of them. They've both been excellent so far. This is not the ford of yesteryear. I hope they continue the trend. They seem to have figured out the long term cost of building shitty vehicles.

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #97
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by nskitts View Post
The wheels are killing it. Sorry, it matters.
Agreed!
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #98
BCC
I know better

Oddometer: 8,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
It isn't about luck. It's about quality and longevity. Honda has historically been among the best, which explains your ownership experience.

10 years ago you couldn't have paid me to own a ford. Today I own two of them. They've both been excellent so far. This is not the ford of yesteryear. I hope they continue the trend. They seem to have figured out the long term cost of building shitty vehicles.
I've owned 9 Fords before this one (F150 screw). I had sworn off them, and gone foreign. This one has me believing again. My other car's a Chevy. Love it, too. Never thought I'd be domestic again.

Cherish the memories------Ken OBSC
BCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:02 AM   #99
CheesyRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 479
I placed an order for a new Fusion yesterday!

Old 10-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #100
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,276
^^^
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #101
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 40,741
Looks good. I note there is no false advertising. The MoonRoof says what it'll do to yours or your significant other's hair. "Ugdo."

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskitts View Post
I'm sorry your dog died before you got to beat it with a dead chicken.

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #102
nskitts OP
Beastly Adventurer

We'll be waiting on your report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesyRider View Post
I placed an order for a new Fusion yesterday!

Old 10-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #103
Toto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Wi View Post
I've rented a bunch of different cars for work travel. I currently own a 2005 four cylinder Accord for reference.

I've rented a Malibu (meh), Altima (absolutely hated the seats, other than that ok), Impala(how do they still sell these) and a couple of Fusions. I really like the Fusion and prefer it even over my Accord. If I had to replace my car today there wouldn't even be a question. Well, the question would be v6 Vs. Hybrid.

I don't like the looks of the new ones, but I haven't seen one in person yet.
Yea...I just test drove the new 2013 Altima...like the car a lot...HATED the seats....just like the GM "catcher's Mit" seats...felt like I was sitting in a bucket.
Then I test drove the 2013 Accord...GREAT seats...the rest of the car...not so much...real noisy CVT.
Will look at the new Fusion and new Mazda 6 when it comes out in Jan.
Gotta replace the wife's 03 Subaru Lagacy wagon...too bad they don't make that anymore..and the new Subarus have CVT's...not a fan..but the Nissan one pretty good..too bad about the saets tho...a deal breaker for sure.
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:49 PM   #104
BeeCeeGS
WeaponOfMassDestruction

Oddometer: 1,798
Like the new Fusion, but I'd have a hard time ignoring the new Accord with a 6spd. I test drove an '04 Accord recently from a used car lot--5spd and 280000km on it. Not a squeak or rattle to be had. Felt like it would go double the mileage without much drama.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #105
nskitts OP
Beastly Adventurer

Had the wife's '12 Maxima in for service (I'm the OP and we just couldn't wait for the Fusion or the Accord to come out, the G35 Coupe was not gonna cut it and my son was born the first week of August, plus with rebates the Maximas are a good deal), and the dealer that sells Nissan has Honda along with it. They had a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L, 4 Cyl. Nice looking car, but to be quite honest it didn't strike me as being "The New Accord". However, I believe that's why Hondas are so timeless. They just nudge their design forward and that's probably why a ten year old Accord is still desirable.

Looking at both within minutes, the Altima is using some of the Maxima's and 370s' design but it just doesn't seem to be the car that the new Accord is going to be. The Altima's wheels do not fill the wheel wells like cars of today have to do in order to be sucessful. The new Accord just seems to be a little more classy.

Most Honda dealers that I have driven by still have the 2012s out front and only a couple of the '13s stuck in the back row out of view. The bombardment will not come for awhile I suppose.

I have not seen any Fusions driving around my small town either yet....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: