Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 06:02 AM   #14701
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
+1 on the FullBores. Just love 'em.

American Moto Tire now carries them as well. >$150 for a set.

They come from a modified mold of the 705 from Shinko, but different compound. The 150 rear is a V-rated radial.

Sure, they won't last as long as a K60, but hook up as well on and off and basically half the cost. Plus everyone complains about mounting and dismounting the K60's and the M40/41's are a piece of cake. Knob height is slightly less as well. Did I mention they are half the cost?
I put a set of Conti Motion, on my 1050. The tread is definitely shallower than the premium priced stuff, but, I gave $197 for the set. I usually pay that much for just the rear, with premium tires. Obviously, I'm going to get less mileage out of them; maybe half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doofenshmirtz View Post
Yes its pretty good for a general tire and for the price its pretty awesome. Its not perfect but gets the job done for sure. Also a thread on here has some false information such as they are made in China. Not true. Obviously not everything you read on ADV rider should be believed. Different agendas at work for sure.
I thought the aforementioned Conti Motion were made in Germany, since they're Continental. But, they're made in Malaysia. At first, I was concerned. However, I've ridden most of the summer two-up. There might be a 1/4" of "chicken strip" left. Other than tire life, because of the reduced tread depth, I've got no complaints about them.

Strangely, I was on AMT's site, yesterday, looking at Full Bore's 120/180 offerings ($170 set). I was, also, looking at Michelin's Pilot Road 3, as they offer a "special" two-up rear tire that I'm curious about. I just have to get over the price difference and remind myself that they'll probably last twice as long as the cheap stuff. Unlike, a lot of motorcyclists, I'm willing to experiment with the off-brands, on the street.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:53 AM   #14702
BiganDaft
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77

this is my Tiger, slightly customised, but it works for me
BiganDaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #14703
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
I put a set of Conti Motion, on my 1050. The tread is definitely shallower than the premium priced stuff, but, I gave $197 for the set. I usually pay that much for just the rear, with premium tires. Obviously, I'm going to get less mileage out of them; maybe half.

I thought the aforementioned Conti Motion were made in Germany, since they're Continental. But, they're made in Malaysia. At first, I was concerned. However, I've ridden most of the summer two-up. There might be a 1/4" of "chicken strip" left. Other than tire life, because of the reduced tread depth, I've got no complaints about them.

Strangely, I was on AMT's site, yesterday, looking at Full Bore's 120/180 offerings ($170 set). I was, also, looking at Michelin's Pilot Road 3, as they offer a "special" two-up rear tire that I'm curious about. I just have to get over the price difference and remind myself that they'll probably last twice as long as the cheap stuff. Unlike, a lot of motorcyclists, I'm willing to experiment with the off-brands, on the street.
I ran through two sets of Conti Motions, one on my CBF1000 and one on my wife's Street Triple. I had no issues on my CBF but Jodie didn't like the Conti's because they squirmed when crossing the painted lines or on tar snakes. Put a set of Michelin PR2s on her Street Triple and she loves them, says they're rock stable. We both got about 12,000kms (7500miles).

I really like the BattleWings on the Tiger on the street and have a set of TKC80s that I switch for trail rides but am going to try the Full Bores when the BattleWings wear out.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #14704
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiganDaft View Post
Which screen attachment (laminar lip) do you have on it?
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #14705
BiganDaft
Adventurer

It's from a company in South Africa called "Aerotrim".
www.aerotrim.co.za.
Very easy to fit.
I found that although I didn't have any buffeting, I did have a lot of wind noise, now, it is very quiet.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #14706
swimmer
armchair asshole

Thanks, I assume that is the "small" model?
Old 10-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #14707
BiganDaft
Adventurer

Yep, thats right
Old 10-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #14708
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
It's from a company in South Africa called "Aerotrim".
www.aerotrim.co.za.
Very easy to fit.
I found that although I didn't have any buffeting, I did have a lot of wind noise, now, it is very quiet.

I went ahead an ordered one from the US distributor. I also don't have much buffeting but a lot of noise (even with ear plugs its annoying). $90 shipped figured it was worth the try.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #14709
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Oddometer: 912
Quote:

Can we see more picks? Also tell use what farkles you went with.
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:37 AM   #14710
Adventure boy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 490
heres a piccy of mine after spending some money on it yesterday

Removed the Triumph rubbish heated grips and fitted the latest Oxford ones that now burn your hands 74.00
Bought and fitted the Arrow can from the dealers 500.00
Bought and fitted the comfort seat from the dealers 149.00
bought a bloody Triumph jacket while I was there 199.00 (like I need another Jacket !!!)
got a 50.00 discount on the jacket
Then rode to the tyre shop and had the TKC 80s fitted 220.00

anyway heres a piccie of the bike now

Old 10-19-2012, 06:43 AM   #14711
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,198
Is that comfort seat really that good? I kinda hesitating to buy one...but...? What do you think?
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:15 AM   #14712
BiganDaft
Adventurer

Quote:
Can we see more picks? Also tell use what farkles you went with.
I'll take a few more over the weekend, but
DNA air filter
Arrow pipe
Bags connect tank bag, fitted another connector on the rack on the back for spare bag on the back for medium trips.
Ram mount with a Pelican micro box for my smart phone, Triumph GPS mount for the Garmin GPSMap 60 Csx
Custom graphics and paint.
Aftermarket hand guards.
LED spot lights.
Custom bracket for Drift camera.
Handle bar risers.
Wider foot pegs.
Bigger "foot" for the side stand.

That's about all I can think of off hand
Old 10-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #14713
Xcountry-Rider
Banned

Oddometer: 912
Was shopping online today ordering one of those Tiger 800 radiator guards from a online source here in California and came across this frame guard. Never seen it before, What do you guys think?

Retails for about 90 bucks.

Injection moulded frame protectors to safeguard against boot scuffs when riding on challenging terrain.

Our Price: $89.99
Part Number: A9780014
Supplier: Triumph Motorcycles
http://store.proitalia.com/triumph-t...420132_2420207
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #14714
riverman
Life is great !

Oddometer: 150
Wouldn't mind seeing a picture of that frame guard with the whole bike in the picture. It does seem to soften the utilitarian look of the bike.

'11 WR250R
'13 Tiger 800XC
riverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #14715
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,473
Quote:
Was shopping online today ordering one of those Tiger 800 radiator guards from a online source here in California and came across this frame guard. Never seen it before, What do you guys think?

Retails for about 90 bucks.

Injection moulded frame protectors to safeguard against boot scuffs when riding on challenging terrain.

Our Price: $89.99
Part Number: A9780014
Supplier: Triumph Motorcycles
http://store.proitalia.com/triumph-t...420132_2420207
Seems kinda Harley'esque to me. OK I've bolted on every chrome doodad I can, maybe I can just bolt this block of chrome on top... (no it's not chrome but kinda the same thing)

Sorry but don't see the point. Boot scuffs? It's an Adventure bike! Personally never saw the fascination with trying to keep a bike in showroom condition. My bikes get ridden, they get wear spots on the frame from your boots, the tank gets dull from your knees but at least it looks USED. I'll take a well worn, well maintained bike over a pristine example any day. Sh!t $90 is almost a new front tire, or 4 1/2 tanks of gas, and I'm not a cheap bastard either.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote