No bueno
Old 10-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #92
Yellow Pig OP
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 6,817
The SE is up and running again, thanks to Myler's Radiator Service:

The radiator went from looking like this:

to this:

Cleaned, welded, pressure tested, reinforced and painted all for $120 w/ a three day turn around time.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #93
PowerCell
SE990R

Oddometer: 2,149
Have you lowered the suspension on this bike? It looks short in the stroke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Pig View Post
The SE is up and running again, thanks to Myler's Radiator Service:

PowerCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #94
Yellow Pig OP
Allergic to Asphalt!

No I have not. Resprung the front for 210 lbs and softened the rear, plus revalved, that's all.

Could be the angle of the bike/picture since the bike is leaning left on its side stand, plus the ADV tank on the rear.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:19 AM   #95
BIG-E
AKA; Mongo-E

Oddometer: 1,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG-E View Post
Thank you very much Traveltoad!

Notice how there is no screws in the front in the oil tank?

Mike said that with all the weight on just the plate, (it mounts center and rear) it doesn't move at all. Thats not to say that I am not going to test this out, but I like this plate and the very first one will be on the way hopefully next Monday!!

Take care Everyone, Eric.
Whoo-Hoo!! My new plate arrived yesterday!! What a beauty!! I even received a "special" gift in the box, can't tell you what it is, but let's just say it could be a ride saver if you where to break a shifter or a break lever...

A huge Thank you to Mike!

"If my Technique Improves, so will my riding"!
BIG-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #96
hilslamer
2XRedheadedstepchild

Oddometer: 1,784
Quote:
Ya, ya....I've been riding the bike like this for 4 years and it just now happened.

Now that it's fixed up again I'll keep riding it like I do and if I crush the rad after another 4 years, then thats the price to pay.

Back to my regularly scheduled riding:

Looks like fun. Where is that? It takes some serious fortitude to get any steed over that terrain.

You have now confirmed to us that you're in the .001% of anyone who is riding an SE like that, or who would take an SE over that "road," though. And I'll say it one more time, you are in the only-slightly-larger percentage of riders that is jumping their SE and flat-landing it with apparently reckless abandon, much less landing it where it can't be landed.

Calling any failures you might have as a result of the chances you take "design flaws" on KTM's behalf is totally unjustified, as well as asserting that the Black Dog skid plate is not in improvement over the stock skid plate.
hilslamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #97
L21
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
Looks like upper Reno divide in gunnison colorado ?
L21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #98
LAKEMONSTER
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Thanks!!!

Here is a thanks to the guys who PM'ed me, or sent e request for one of my Skid Plates. I got the first run out last week, and have been getting some great feedback, so thanks a bunch. I am also Sold out of the first run, but will produce these a half dozen at a time, as i get fed more requests.

Cheers, Mike.
LAKEMONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #99
mountain eagle
terrorist

Oddometer: 2,901
Do you have a vendors thread, or spot with more information and pictures yet?
my smugmug gallery
How can it be fun if there's not at least an outside chance of dying?
mountain eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #100
Splisken
I'm not dead yet...

Oddometer: 127
I'm looking forward to receiving mine! It should be here this week so I'll post pics of the plate before and after its been installed. I appreciate your fast replies and professionalism Mike.

Splisken screwed with this post 10-22-2012 at 09:33 PM Reason: added details
Splisken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:29 AM   #101
Yellow Pig OP
Allergic to Asphalt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilslamer View Post
Looks like fun. Where is that? It takes some serious fortitude to get any steed over that terrain.

You have now confirmed to us that you're in the .001% of anyone who is riding an SE like that, or who would take an SE over that "road," though. And I'll say it one more time, you are in the only-slightly-larger percentage of riders that is jumping their SE and flat-landing it with apparently reckless abandon, much less landing it where it can't be landed.

Calling any failures you might have as a result of the chances you take "design flaws" on KTM's behalf is totally unjustified, as well as asserting that the Black Dog skid plate is not in improvement over the stock skid plate.

Regardless, it's still a less than optimal design in my opinion. (The oil tank/radiator, not the skid plate)
Old 10-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #102
LAKEMONSTER
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain eagle View Post
Do you have a vendors thread, or spot with more information and pictures yet?
No, i have not entered a Vendors thread, as i am busy enough, which is a good thing. I am going to have a Website in the not-to-distant future, but i am a one guy enterprise, and the amount could quickly overwhelm me. I am building a network of alternate Vendors which can help me disperse the load, if need be.

I do not have a Water Jet Table, or CNC equipment, so i am putting those tools into place. A little further explanation of who i am is warranted here. I had a significant injury in a previous occupation, which has left me with a limited time per day i can be active, and working on my feet.

I truly appreciate the business, and a little bit of patience is needed time to time, in order to allow me to catch up. However, once my "alternative work force" is in place, you will be seeing some innovative ideas from me.

Please contact me through info@mvmotoventure.ca i would be happy to shoot an extra Photo, or two, and offer any
additional information that i can.

Thanks you guys, for your support!!!

Remember, There are NO PROBLEMS, only SOLUTIONS...
LAKEMONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:38 AM   #103
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet

Oddometer: 2,090
LAKEMONSTER: I sent you an e-mail yesterday. Thanks for quick response!

Sent from my Pocket Parrot using Tapatalk.
veriest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #104
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Oddometer: 74,595
Quote:
Regardless, it's still a less than optimal design in my opinion. (The oil tank/radiator, not the skid plate)
As with many things it's a compromise to save space and maximize performance. The bigger issue to me is hanging a heavy skid plate on the radiator mount with no mount to the subframe. My advspec plate has not moved since I put it on and that goes for the radiator mount. And my SE sees lots of big air, g outs, and all out offroad abuse.

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Misery Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #105
hilslamer
2XRedheadedstepchild

Oddometer: 1,784
Quote:
Define optimal, then. Clearly, you do not understand the "fuse" in the system - any system, structural or electrical or ? - and how it should yield. Would you rather the stock skidplate cracks(it's diecast, and fails sacrificially long before the centercases do) or worse yet, the centercases cost you half the cost of the bike to replace...not counting the stranding it cost you?

Take some responsibility for your riding and admit you made a mistake landing where you did, how you did, when you did...and don't blame KTM and certainly not Black Dog for any sort of design flaws. Would you try to sue Fiskars if you fell on a pair of their scissors and skewered yourself?

In fact, you should detail any other failures you have had, and come up with a solution for them, too. Funny how "the rest of us" can ride the same bike with lesser protection and no problems because we understand that limitations are not in engineering so much as they are in cognisance of limitations...
hilslamer is offline   Reply With Quote