User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #46
jackflash252
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Bluhduh

Hey! I just want to know if you got The F'n Hamburger or not?!? That'll teach ya trying to be nice to the other 1/2. One little thing snowballs into someother bigger thing, that slithers into another bodacious mess of a problem thing and the next THING you know... NO FRIGGEN HAMBURGER ! !
jackflash252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #47
M.Mars
híppos leukós

Oddometer: 202
stick to one rule and it will solve many of your issues. Always wear a helmet when on a bike. Mean you put it on before mounting and take it off after dismounting the bike.
M.Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #48
Mr. DTM
The Donald

Oddometer: 7
I think its time for the gentleman from Roswell to have the last word. I had attempted to make a humorous remark earlier in the thread, and then realized I forgot the time I was leaving a concert at the Mall in Washington DC, forgot to unlock my steering, and did a high side right in front of a female park police motorcycle cop !
Mr. DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #49
PapaYolk OP
Ride Along

Oddometer: 1,407
...and

I was surprised to see this thread had not trickled away. I must say, quite entertaining. I guess my writing was less expository and more a self examination of how I ended flat on my back next to my bike with a goodly scuff on the back of my helmet. So the long and short of it is, I fell. I try not to fall a lot. I have RA in my hands, wrists, knees and feet. All the toes on my left foot are dislocated. I carry a cane strapped to my saddle bag. Mounting and dismounting my ride always involves a bit of pain and a carefully choreographed sequence of incremental movements. That day in Homedale, feeling adventurous after a couple gin and tonics in Marsing, I broke my routine, and fell.

Took about a month for my knee to reduce to it's normal creaky self.

Yes, please.
PapaYolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:53 AM   #50
timwicked
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Just got done wiping the tears from my eyes, this might be the funniest thing I have ever read! I also have a "carefully choreographed sequence of incremental movements" that prevents an ungraceful dismount. My height : bike height ratio + bag on rear rack = wipeout. If that store has security cameras you may be able to profit from this. Glad to see your all healed up. BTW,great looking road in your picture and love the way you have your bike set-up.
timwicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #51
slide
A nation in despair

Oddometer: 21,119
Hey - Yokie - I was the first to start the comedy thread. Hope there are no hard feelings.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #52
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,476
Funny stuff
not that you got hurt
but all of the comments and interpretive translations

OP where exactly was that picture taken
hope your feeling better
airborndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #53
Josephvman
I'm the Decider

Oddometer: 3,428
Kind of a harsh response to an innocent question. I practically make my living writing, and I've read your post three times and I still don't exactly know what the fuck you've described.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaYolk View Post
---Because I had a phone in my right hand rather than a twist grip, inertia transferred to my upper body toppling me off my bike with my left leg pined to the tank...and my knee blew out.

Trying to be most politic, I will answer your question with a question.

Is English your second language?

'93 Ducati 900SS "Slightly older whore"
"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"
Josephvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #54
Josephvman
I'm the Decider

Oddometer: 3,428
Ride on Papa! Sorry to hear about the RA. Was the gin and tonic part of the treatment

What are you pulling behind the bike?

Hawk Missile Launcher?

Quote:
I was surprised to see this thread had not trickled away. I must say, quite entertaining. I guess my writing was less expository and more a self examination of how I ended flat on my back next to my bike with a goodly scuff on the back of my helmet. So the long and short of it is, I fell. I try not to fall a lot. I have RA in my hands, wrists, knees and feet. All the toes on my left foot are dislocated. I carry a cane strapped to my saddle bag. Mounting and dismounting my ride always involves a bit of pain and a carefully choreographed sequence of incremental movements. That day in Homedale, feeling adventurous after a couple gin and tonics in Marsing, I broke my routine, and fell.

Took about a month for my knee to reduce to it's normal creaky self.

'93 Ducati 900SS "Slightly older whore"
"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"
Josephvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #55
PapaYolk OP
Ride Along

and

Yes I brought home the hamburger-- pulled up a shopping cart, hung over it's rear and hop humped it through the store.

The pic is Hell's Canyon, below the damn at the jet boat ramp.

And, yes, that is my prototype camper, Spud, behind my bike: six foot, three inch heated bunk and a galley with a two burner stove. It goes into production next year via patent licensing agreement, at about 115 lbs for the base unit with out electrics ( batt, charger, heated bunk pad, TV).

Here's a YouTube video showing how it works.

Here's the road test thread.

Yes, please.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #56
Hominid
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
G&T's

The name of this thread should be changed to "Damn G&T's!"
The cell phone was not the culprit.
This tale just serves as further illustration as to why I do not mix motorcycles and alcohol.

Descriptive writing is not that easy. I certainly could not tell what happened based on the original post, or even after several other attemps at clarification. Perhaps there were more G & T's consumed before posting?

The author knows in his head what happened, but clearly explaining it to others requires a certain discipline. The cutesy prose, while entertaining to read, does not serve the writer well in this particular instance. There are thousands and thousands of riders on this forum for whom english is a second language - it's not particularly polite to insult them because they could not interpret the cryptic writing style.
Hominid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #57
PapaYolk OP
Ride Along

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hominid View Post
The name of this thread should be changed to "Damn G&T's!"
The cell phone was not the culprit.
This tale just serves as further illustration as to why I do not mix motorcycles and alcohol.

Descriptive writing is not that easy. I certainly could not tell what happened based on the original post, or even after several other attemps at clarification. Perhaps there were more G & T's consumed before posting?

The author knows in his head what happened, but clearly explaining it to others requires a certain discipline. The cutesy prose, while entertaining to read, does not serve the writer well in this particular instance. There are thousands and thousands of riders on this forum for whom english is a second language - it's not particularly polite to insult them because they could not interpret the cryptic writing style.
The only culprit in this tale was me. You must understand it's human nature to disavow one's faults and seek a scapegoat. Just as it's human nature to puff one's own esteem by pointing to what others seem to lack. So forgive me for being human and pointing to your lack of a scene of humor and use of narrow ethnocentric blinders to assume it would insult those who have gone to the trouble of learning English as a second language.

Feel welcome to read the tale at the link: Papa's Yolk, in my sig line and leave a critique if you like; most uppity prats find it a great way to stroke themselves.

Yes, please.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #58
slide
A nation in despair

Oddometer: 21,119
My, but grumpy old hump are you.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #59
PapaYolk OP
Ride Along

You bet. I'll take a good ribbing all day long. Some prat wages his bony do-gooder finger in my face, I'm gona bite.

Yes, please.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #60
Hominid
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
Quote:
You bet. I'll take a good ribbing all day long. Some prat wages his bony do-gooder finger in my face, I'm gona bite.
My apologies. I did actually find the whole exchange humorous. Perhaps I crossed the line. I suffer from arthritis, as well. Sometimes it's all I can do to climb onto the bike or off of it. I've come within a whisker of taking a similar spill more times than I care to admit. I hope you don't have long term repercussions from your fall. Riding with arthritis is tough. You have my respect. Again, my apologies.
Hominid is offline   Reply With Quote