ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #53641
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
(He deleted the ad so I can't tell) This low seat you speak of... is it the step seat or a home-made job? If it's somewhat comfortable, I'd be interested in swapping you for a factory seat if you want. PM me and perhaps we can work something out.
Its a Seat Concepts, it was a pad & cover swap. He gave me the stock stuff as well. I'll probably put some more miles on before deciding for sure.

This bike has had the white over the headlight sprayed as well. I'd guess Krylon Fusion. Looks awesome from 2 feet. I'm definitely am not complaining for what I have in it.
ruppster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #53642
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post
Its a Seat Concepts, it was a pad & cover swap. He gave me the stock stuff as well. I'll probably put some more miles on before deciding for sure.

This bike has had the white over the headlight sprayed as well. I'd guess Krylon Fusion. Looks awesome from 2 feet. I'm definitely am not complaining for what I have in it.
You should bring it to danville tomorrow.....

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #53643
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post

That's how my paint job is; looks good from a few feet away. I was a bit disappointed initially, but then I went ahead a beat the living shit out of the rest of the bike, so now the imperfect paint job fits fine.

Let me know if you want to get rid of the lower seat. I've made due with my factory one, but a lower seat would help my 28" inseam.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #53644
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
Unfortunately I'm on call this weekend, or I'd take you up on that.
ruppster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #53645
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,760
Quote:
I'm out too, gotta work in the early day.

If anyone wants to do some back roads and trails Sunday, I'm gonna start out of my place (cause I gots trails) and head east....hit Danville, head south towards Coshocton, grab some Uncorked or Warehouse and if there's time left maybe hit the Wills Creek area, the usual stuff I guess.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #53646
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
I'm out too, gotta work in the early day.

If anyone wants to do some back roads and trails Sunday, I'm gonna start out of my place (cause I gots trails) and head east....hit Danville, head south towards Coshocton, grab some Uncorked or Warehouse and if there's time left maybe hit the Wills Creek area, the usual stuff I guess.
This is tempting since Tom pussed out on me. I dunno if Penner is still planning on riding or not

Old 10-20-2012, 05:17 AM   #53647
mpenner
Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer: 788
Quote:
This is tempting since Tom pussed out on me. I dunno if Penner is still planning on riding or not
That was still my plan. It looks like the weather is going to be OK

2001 KLR 650
2003 V-Strom DL1000
mpenner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:30 AM   #53648
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Good deal

Old 10-20-2012, 05:51 AM   #53649
ssreed84
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
go ahead - keep rubbing it in
Sorry wasn't trying to do that. It looked liked it would be a fun ride but I just don't have a bike for that.
ssreed84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:28 AM   #53650
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,487
so, I'm headed down to Nelsonville for the BBQ Festival for free samples:

OCTOBER 20TH
12 NOON - as long as samples last
The Sling Your Meat BBQ sampling consists of participants cooking pork butt provided to them.
Prepared BBQ pork butt is brought to the Sling Your Meat sampling area near the main stage for the public to sample at no charge.

which will be given out at the main stage, in the Elks parking lot. See yinz there maybe.

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #53651
nskitts
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,971
See you there, I will be on the orange High Viz Harley with the ADV sticker on the saddle bag..I would appreciate a FYYFF note left on the seat if anyone sees it parked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
so, I'm headed down to Nelsonville for the BBQ Festival for free samples:

OCTOBER 20TH
12 NOON - as long as samples last
The Sling Your Meat BBQ sampling consists of participants cooking pork butt provided to them.
Prepared BBQ pork butt is brought to the Sling Your Meat sampling area near the main stage for the public to sample at no charge.

which will be given out at the main stage, in the Elks parking lot. See yinz there maybe.

nskitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #53652
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by nskitts View Post
See you there, I will be on the orange High Viz Harley with the ADV sticker on the saddle bag..I would appreciate a FYYFF note left on the seat if anyone sees it parked.

I believe I saw you pulling in, but I didnt notice the ADV sticker or I'd have stopped to say hi...I was just leaving, red jacket, silver helmet.

saw these 4 bikes when I got there...were still there when I left, but I never spotted the owners

couple DRZ's, a KLR 650 and a Honda 400 getting a bit of a cafe treatment

nice shape on the old Honda.

meanwhile, I only stayed maybe an hour, just long enough to eat some free samples (not that great) drink 1 beer and walk around a bit. It had rained on the way down, and then started again as I was checking the place out...figured if I'm gonna get wet, it might as well be on the ride home so I split.

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #53653
nskitts
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,971
Yes,
I saw you! I thought you were on one of those bikes you show here. I got a little rain on the way through Zaleski State Forest. It was a drab day for sure. I need to get some good rain gear or a 'Stich Darien outfit and also I need to just bite the bullet, take advantage of the beefy alternator on the Road Glide and get me some heated gear. I am getting a bit cold natured in my old age especially on these damp days. Rocky Boots was packed, I too ate a bit of the 'Que, I agree it was OK but not great, and then rode towards Athens through drizzling rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
I believe I saw you pulling in, but I didnt notice the ADV sticker or I'd have stopped to say hi...I was just leaving, red jacket, silver helmet.

saw these 4 bikes when I got there...were still there when I left, but I never spotted the owners

couple DRZ's, a KLR 650 and a Honda 400 getting a bit of a cafe treatment

nice shape on the old Honda.

meanwhile, I only stayed maybe an hour, just long enough to eat some free samples (not that great) drink 1 beer and walk around a bit. It had rained on the way down, and then started again as I was checking the place out...figured if I'm gonna get wet, it might as well be on the ride home so I split.

nskitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #53654
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Mpenner and I had a pretty damn good ride. We ate breakfast at the greasiest of greasy spoons and went exploring, rode random gravel from Mt. Vernon to Loudonville, putted around the state forest a bit, did a few of the usual roads out of Brinkhaven, and pointed toward Killbuck to check out a trail he had spotted from his Strom. The trail turned out to be a bust (but helluva fun for the 1/2 mile or so of it we ran until it turned into woods), so we pointed toward Coshocton for the hell of it. We hit the dirt roads (really just greasy mud) and rode a nice trail/haul road with some DEEEEEEP mud holes. We made sure the Stockum graveyard was still there (it is and still as creepy) and since he had lost half the teeth off his rear sprocket, headed for home around 4. We managed to ride all gravel and twisties back home. All in all a good day...

Old 10-21-2012, 07:20 AM   #53655
mpenner
Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer: 788
Quote:
Mpenner and I had a pretty damn good ride. We ate breakfast at the greasiest of greasy spoons and went exploring, rode random gravel from Mt. Vernon to Loudonville, putted around the state forest a bit, did a few of the usual roads out of Brinkhaven, and pointed toward Killbuck to check out a trail he had spotted from his Strom. The trail turned out to be a bust (but helluva fun for the 1/2 mile or so of it we ran until it turned into woods), so we pointed toward Coshocton for the hell of it. We hit the dirt roads (really just greasy mud) and rode a nice trail/haul road with some DEEEEEEP mud holes. We made sure the Stockum graveyard was still there (it is and still as creepy) and since he had lost half the teeth off his rear sprocket, headed for home around 4. We managed to ride all gravel and twisties back home. All in all a good day...
]
I had a blast. Sometimes I think that I have explored all the good roads in Ohio and have seen all of the interesting sights. but I saw some cool new stuff yesterday.

I was thinking after I got home that we should have tried that trail from the other end. Maybe another day.

I looked up the legend of Mary Stockum when i got home. It turns out that that stone with no marker that looked really old in the clump of trees is hers. After reading the stories, I think it was her that ruined my sprocket and not my lack of maintenance or being too cheap to replace worn out chains and sprockets,

2001 KLR 650
2003 V-Strom DL1000

mpenner screwed with this post 10-21-2012 at 07:25 AM
mpenner is online now   Reply With Quote