ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #53641
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,889
More fall photo spam for your viewing pleasure:

Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #53642
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 597
Well, I own a WR250R. It's in good shape. Was put down once and prettied back up. The left barkbuster is tweaked and the clutch lever is too. They're both very slight bends. It must have skinned the decal, because a new one was put on, but it has a wrinkle. Nothing worse than I'll do the first time I put it down.
It was lowered, I raised it back up as soon as I got it home. First impressions after a 15 mile spin. It's quicker than the Klr. It wheelies pretty easy in first. Not sure I like the low seat. I'll likely gear it down a little, its stock now. I didn't need sixth on the first ride. I'll put some more miles on before I decide. Its been de-emmissioned, not sure I care. No fuel programmer, stock exhaust. It feels like a go cart compared to the klr, really nimble and tossable. I can pick it up by myself, I mean clear off the ground.
Mike, why does yours have black fork protectors and over the headlight? Did you swap them?
Also, mine has aftermarket aluminum bars (maybe bent when put down), they're going to need to be higher. Are you guys using riser spacers or even higher bars?
ruppster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #53643
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
Zach calls me scary - looks like the two of you have moved into striking distance of an award winning meal. I think he knows some trails too.
Quote:
go to smokin' lonestar on facebook - he is part of a bbq team as it were
Hmm, 560 miles away... we're practically neighbors!
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:07 PM   #53644
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post
...Not sure I like the low seat... ...Mike, why does yours have black fork protectors and over the headlight? Did you swap them?
I painted all the white plastics on mine black with Krylon Fusion plastic spray paint, and added some cheap (white) Yamaha decals to the fork protectors. Going with black plastics would obviously be the better solution in the long run, but mine cost $10, and they'll get dirty and beat up either way.

(He deleted the ad so I can't tell) This low seat you speak of... is it the step seat or a home-made job? If it's somewhat comfortable, I'd be interested in swapping you for a factory seat if you want. PM me and perhaps we can work something out.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #53645
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
(He deleted the ad so I can't tell) This low seat you speak of... is it the step seat or a home-made job? If it's somewhat comfortable, I'd be interested in swapping you for a factory seat if you want. PM me and perhaps we can work something out.
Its a Seat Concepts, it was a pad & cover swap. He gave me the stock stuff as well. I'll probably put some more miles on before deciding for sure.

This bike has had the white over the headlight sprayed as well. I'd guess Krylon Fusion. Looks awesome from 2 feet. I'm definitely am not complaining for what I have in it.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #53646
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 1,939
Quote:
Its a Seat Concepts, it was a pad & cover swap. He gave me the stock stuff as well. I'll probably put some more miles on before deciding for sure.

This bike has had the white over the headlight sprayed as well. I'd guess Krylon Fusion. Looks awesome from 2 feet. I'm definitely am not complaining for what I have in it.
You should bring it to danville tomorrow.....
Old 10-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #53647
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

That's how my paint job is; looks good from a few feet away. I was a bit disappointed initially, but then I went ahead a beat the living shit out of the rest of the bike, so now the imperfect paint job fits fine.

Let me know if you want to get rid of the lower seat. I've made due with my factory one, but a lower seat would help my 28" inseam.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #53648
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
Unfortunately I'm on call this weekend, or I'd take you up on that.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #53649
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,728
Quote:
I'm out too, gotta work in the early day.

If anyone wants to do some back roads and trails Sunday, I'm gonna start out of my place (cause I gots trails) and head east....hit Danville, head south towards Coshocton, grab some Uncorked or Warehouse and if there's time left maybe hit the Wills Creek area, the usual stuff I guess.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #53650
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
I'm out too, gotta work in the early day.

If anyone wants to do some back roads and trails Sunday, I'm gonna start out of my place (cause I gots trails) and head east....hit Danville, head south towards Coshocton, grab some Uncorked or Warehouse and if there's time left maybe hit the Wills Creek area, the usual stuff I guess.
This is tempting since Tom pussed out on me. I dunno if Penner is still planning on riding or not
Old 10-20-2012, 05:17 AM   #53651
mpenner
Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer: 762
Quote:
This is tempting since Tom pussed out on me. I dunno if Penner is still planning on riding or not
That was still my plan. It looks like the weather is going to be OK

2001 KLR 650
2003 V-Strom DL1000
mpenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:30 AM   #53652
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Good deal
Old 10-20-2012, 05:51 AM   #53653
ssreed84
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
go ahead - keep rubbing it in
Sorry wasn't trying to do that. It looked liked it would be a fun ride but I just don't have a bike for that.
ssreed84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:28 AM   #53654
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,375
so, I'm headed down to Nelsonville for the BBQ Festival for free samples:

OCTOBER 20TH
12 NOON - as long as samples last
The Sling Your Meat BBQ sampling consists of participants cooking pork butt provided to them.
Prepared BBQ pork butt is brought to the Sling Your Meat sampling area near the main stage for the public to sample at no charge.

which will be given out at the main stage, in the Elks parking lot. See yinz there maybe.

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #53655
nskitts
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,893
See you there, I will be on the orange High Viz Harley with the ADV sticker on the saddle bag..I would appreciate a FYYFF note left on the seat if anyone sees it parked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sion View Post
so, I'm headed down to Nelsonville for the BBQ Festival for free samples:

OCTOBER 20TH
12 NOON - as long as samples last
The Sling Your Meat BBQ sampling consists of participants cooking pork butt provided to them.
Prepared BBQ pork butt is brought to the Sling Your Meat sampling area near the main stage for the public to sample at no charge.

which will be given out at the main stage, in the Elks parking lot. See yinz there maybe.

nskitts is offline   Reply With Quote