User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 05:53 AM   #2806
Return to Riding
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Great driving lights!

I got the Model 30 LED spot driving lights from Sanjoh and I received them on the third day. I polished the stainless steel brackets so they look really cool. I installed them low where there used to be reflectors. Easy install because my bike (Yamaha Raider...gasp) has an auxiliary driving light switch already wired in the headlight bucket. I aimed the lights so that I can leave them on all the time but they still outshine my Ultrastar bulb low beam. I'm very happy.

Here are some shots of the lights:
Mounted:
http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/y...30LEDFront.jpg
http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/y...LEDDriving.jpg

Polished Brackets:
http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/y...ountedRear.jpg
http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/y...untedFront.jpg

Comparing low beams, low plus spots, high plus spots:
http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/y...otLowBeams.jpg
http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/y...usLEDSpots.jpg
http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/y...sLEDSpotsC.jpg

What someone coming might see pulling out from a side street:
http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/y...adePullout.jpg
http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/y...PulloutLED.jpg
Return to Riding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:58 AM   #2807
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return to Riding View Post
Here are some shots of the lights:
Mounted:

Polished Brackets:

Comparing low beams, low plus spots, high plus spots:

What someone coming might see pulling out from a side street:

Nice
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #2808
640 Armageddon
-oo-

Oddometer: 1,959
Hi sanjoh,

quick question,

a friend of mine bought this bicycle light from here

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...amp/1187/2798/

is there any difference from the one I bought from ADVmonster? ... As far as out eyes can tell the light output seems to be the same when we are doing night rides wuth our bicycles ...
Old 10-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #2809
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 640 Armageddon View Post
Hi sanjoh,

quick question,

a friend of mine bought this bicycle light from here

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...amp/1187/2798/

is there any difference from the one I bought from ADVmonster? ... As far as out eyes can tell the light output seems to be the same when we are doing night rides wuth our bicycles ...
Looks very similar to the ADVmonster product. The major difference is ours is WATERPROOF. After testing prototypes in the rain and water, they would stop working so I worked with the manufacturer to develop an improved gasket/seal.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #2810
640 Armageddon
-oo-

Oddometer: 1,959
Winter is coming, I will take him out one of these rainy days
Old 10-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #2811
OzRider64
Friggen slow Adventurer.

Oddometer: 90
Question Voltage spike with model 44's.

G'day John,

Have read your post where you said my lights had traces of burning on the circuit boards, possibly from cheap HID lights.

I am running a DDM 35W system on my main headlight only, probably not the best quality HID on the market, but others on this site seem to be running them with your lights with no problems.

The model 44's are connected through a PC8 fuse block with a relay and a Cyclenutz mini switch to turn the lights on and off.

How is this voltage spike occurring. Does it happen on start up, because the lights are only turned on after this bike has been running a couple of minutes or does it happen during the running cycle of the bike.

I had a chat to a mate of mine who is a auto electrician and told him my problem and he said to me that my 44's are running through a separate fuse block and relay and I should have no problems.

Both of us are scratching our heads on this one.

Worse comes to worse I will install a HID50 unit into my bike which I have had taken off my previous beast, all I have to do is change the globe to a H7 and I will see how that goes.

I wont re-install these model 44's on my bike till I get this sorted, I don't want to damage them again.

I hope you can clear this up for me.

Simon.

2010 R1200GS
OzRider64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #2812
mastergunnera8
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Hello,

Looking to see if someone can help me piece something together for a 2010 Harley Road Glide? These lights look AWESOME!!

Thanks!!!
mastergunnera8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:04 PM   #2813
DirtRider....
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
Looks very similar to the ADVmonster product. The major difference is ours is WATERPROOF. After testing prototypes in the rain and water, they would stop working so I worked with the manufacturer to develop an improved gasket/seal.

What battery does that light run on and what is the connection on the battery (deans or other)?
DirtRider.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:01 AM   #2814
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzRider64 View Post
G'day John,

Have read your post where you said my lights had traces of burning on the circuit boards, possibly from cheap HID lights.

I am running a DDM 35W system on my main headlight only, probably not the best quality HID on the market, but others on this site seem to be running them with your lights with no problems.

The model 44's are connected through a PC8 fuse block with a relay and a Cyclenutz mini switch to turn the lights on and off.

How is this voltage spike occurring. Does it happen on start up, because the lights are only turned on after this bike has been running a couple of minutes or does it happen during the running cycle of the bike.

I had a chat to a mate of mine who is a auto electrician and told him my problem and he said to me that my 44's are running through a separate fuse block and relay and I should have no problems.

Both of us are scratching our heads on this one.

Worse comes to worse I will install a HID50 unit into my bike which I have had taken off my previous beast, all I have to do is change the globe to a H7 and I will see how that goes.

I wont re-install these model 44's on my bike till I get this sorted, I don't want to damage them again.

I hope you can clear this up for me.

Simon.
Hi Simon,

HID lights use AC downstream of the booster box. In some units it can be as high as 35,000 volts. The voltage can leak from connectors and/or through deterioration of the wiring insulation.

After troubleshooting an HID setup I had a few years back, I took them off the bike. Unfortunately the noise took out the OEM clock and fuel level sensor.

Some folks have had no issues, I have seen several LED lights that have been cooked by aftermarket HIDs, which is why our warranty does not cover installs with HID lights.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:02 AM   #2815
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergunnera8 View Post
Hello,

Looking to see if someone can help me piece something together for a 2010 Harley Road Glide? These lights look AWESOME!!

Thanks!!!
Give me a call or email

John
sandjoh@gmail.com
954 993 5581
Old 10-21-2012, 06:07 AM   #2816
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRider.... View Post
What battery does that light run on and what is the connection on the battery (deans or other)?
Uses a lithium ion which is also waterproof. It can run off your motorcycle as well. Here is one side of the connector:

Connector is waterproof but designed to come apart so wiring is not damaged.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #2817
spagthorpe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 14,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
Hi Simon,

HID lights use AC downstream of the booster box. In some units it can be as high as 35,000 volts. The voltage can leak from connectors and/or through deterioration of the wiring insulation.

After troubleshooting an HID setup I had a few years back, I took them off the bike. Unfortunately the noise took out the OEM clock and fuel level sensor.

Some folks have had no issues, I have seen several LED lights that have been cooked by aftermarket HIDs, which is why our warranty does not cover installs with HID lights.
Shouldn't a large zener diode (plus resister) in line with the LED voltage solve this?
spagthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:46 AM   #2818
FishinBIG
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Order placed for 2 model 60's and rotary dimmer.
FishinBIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #2819
farrington300
No wait....What?

Oddometer: 511
Anyone using the headlight replacement kit? I am thinking of adding one to my husky.

Also, Sanjon, can you sell the headlight replacement kit without holes drilled in it? I think I can get two lights in there. Or can you make a custom one for me?
farrington300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #2820
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishinBIG View Post
Order placed for 2 model 60's and rotary dimmer.
Thanks for your business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrington300 View Post
Anyone using the headlight replacement kit? I am thinking of adding one to my husky.
Get one, you will be amazed. Every customer thus far has been extremely pleased with the drop in and shocked by the light output. Everytime I turn on the high beam I laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrington300 View Post
Also, Sanjon, can you sell the headlight replacement kit without holes drilled in it? I think I can get two lights in there. Or can you make a custom one for me?
Two lights will not fit in the stock husky setup. I do have the KTM drop in which will fit most 4" square headlight masks, and it will take 2 lights!

If you ship me a mask, I'll make a drop in that handles 2 lights as long as there is adequate space.