Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #70291
neo1piv014
ADV in training

Oddometer: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhL0aTeR View Post
All good there.

I spent an hour thinking about getting the vapor before i ordered the cable last week, so I'm already halfway there.... Lol. Honestly,i couldn't find a decent pic of a vapor installed to give me a good idea of what it would look like.
This was just a quick search, but I remember there being better videos out there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1KSaYo-Wpk
If I understand the instruction manual for the Vapor unit, it's basically just a handlebar mount. The mounting bracket goes around your handlebar in much the same way you'd install a RAM mount. Then, the vapor bolts up to that, so it sits closer to the bars than the stock unit. However, it looks like they make it very easy to fab up your own mounting system, so you could probably just do whatever the hell you wanted with it.
"The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks."
neo1piv014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:56 PM   #70292
JTB488
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Sorry I don't have a pic, but the Vapor does come with an aluminum bracket that you can use to mount it to the front of the upper triple clamp.
JTB488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:30 AM   #70293
greener556
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTB488 View Post
Sorry I don't have a pic, but the Vapor does come with an aluminum bracket that you can use to mount it to the front of the upper triple clamp.

Highway Dirtbikes has some interesting stuff..

I'm planning on getting a billet Vapor mount from HDB and relocating my key switch this winter.
greener556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:44 AM   #70294
Minsk99
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTB488 View Post
Might want to double check that. Mine did not come with an aluminum bracket, but it did come with a plastic bracket that clamps to the handle bars. I believe that bracket you mention comes with the protective case that many order with the Vapor.

I have been happy with the placement using the plastic clamp. It is actually is a better placement if you intend to keep and use the stock speedo (I like the mechanical odo and trip meeter).
Minsk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #70295
sandwash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,174
Vapor home made Alium mount:

Old 10-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #70296
Luisgv
ADVenturer

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodeficient View Post
So is there any opinions on this? Is this chain movement normal? Sure doesn't seem normal to me. What could be causing this?
Hello friend, i think your DR need a chain adjustment, remember that the chain when is properly adjusted must move about 10 mm. More than that is a loose chain.. if need a better reference, the maintenance manual may be helpfully.

Hope it help.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #70297
PPCLI-Jim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
Eh? Vapor dash

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0&l=bedbb74d41 shows the dash on my DR which I am still working on with the Vapor installed . From the factory it comes with a little clamp/base that connects to your handlebars. Unless you purchase the high speed bar mount made from alum. I like it the light isnt over poweringat night and its always easy to see unless you are at a realy odd angle from it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/spudhead/videos?view=0 my youtube channel
PPCLI-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #70298
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisgv View Post
Hello friend, i think your DR need a chain adjustment, remember that the chain when is properly adjusted must move about 10 mm. More than that is a loose chain.. if need a better reference, the maintenance manual may be helpfully.

Hope it help.
Actually, the manual says 30-45 mm
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #70299
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

Oddometer: 5,162
Best carb for the trans-am trail.

My BST has been modded and actually isn't all that bad, but I have been wanting to upgrade to the pro-cycle mikuni pumper.

Doing the trans am this summer, are there advantages to one over the other?

I am thinking I may have to rejet during the trip or have to make fuel adjustments on the road.
B.E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:00 PM   #70300
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 8,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.E. Coyote View Post
Best carb for the trans-am trail.

My BST has been modded and actually isn't all that bad, but I have been wanting to upgrade to the pro-cycle mikuni pumper.

Doing the trans am this summer, are there advantages to one over the other?

I am thinking I may have to rejet during the trip or have to make fuel adjustments on the road.
You will not have to re-jet. I ran the entire TAT on a carbed bike. You'll never know the difference.
BTW, 13K I believe was the apex of it.

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:14 PM   #70301
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

Oddometer: 5,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by DockingPilot View Post
You will not have to re-jet. I ran the entire TAT on a carbed bike. You'll never know the difference.
BTW, 13K I believe was the apex of it.

On a DR?
B.E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #70302
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 8,875
Wont matter, the engine is plenty big enough.
A 610. Carbed I rode
On a carbed 250, maybe you'd feel it , but not on the big bore DR and its not like your living up there, its up and over. Like I said youll never notice, The DR is the perfect weapon for the TAT. If your jetting is dialed in now, it will be fine for the trip Bri.

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #70303
Slideways#96
scooter trash

Oddometer: 470
Suspension upgrades

For those of you who've tinkered with dr650 suspension mods I've got a question:

If you could have ANYTHING done on yours what would it be; forks from a donor bike, different swingarm and/or shock or would the ultimate fix be too cost prohibitive wherein a prudent person would save the cash and apply towards a different bike altogether?
Slideways#96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #70304
JTB488
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minsk99 View Post
Might want to double check that. Mine did not come with an aluminum bracket, but it did come with a plastic bracket that clamps to the handle bars. I believe that bracket you mention comes with the protective case that many order with the Vapor.

I have been happy with the placement using the plastic clamp. It is actually is a better placement if you intend to keep and use the stock speedo (I like the mechanical odo and trip meeter).
That could be it. I did order mine with the "dash", but ended up not using the dash portion.
JTB488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #70305
acesandeights
Asperger

Oddometer: 3,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideways#96 View Post
For those of you who've tinkered with dr650 suspension mods I've got a question:

If you could have ANYTHING done on yours what would it be; forks from a donor bike, different swingarm and/or shock or would the ultimate fix be too cost prohibitive wherein a prudent person would save the cash and apply towards a different bike altogether?
I'd buy a different bike, or I'd buy the Racetech rear shock assy and Racetech emulators and springs.

I'll die with this hammer in my hand.
acesandeights is offline   Reply With Quote