ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #53656
rellim_63
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
I believe stuckom had two graves. But don't quote me on that
rellim_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #53657
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by rellim_63 View Post
I believe stuckom had two graves. But don't quote me on that

I quoted you... I seem to remember reading one of the stories that said she had been dug up, her head removed, and her head and body being buried elsewhere to ward off the witch craft. I watched a documentary on the Salem witch trials last night, those people were crazy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpenner View Post
I was thinking after I got home that we should have tried that trail from the other end. Maybe another day.
Yeah, i need to compare my GPS track from yesterday with google earth, there has to be a way through that, it looked pretty well traveled by ATV traffic....I bet that if it weren't for the leaves and threat of rednecks we could have picked out where the trail went.

From where we split off, I was able to grab Tucker road back up and ride those roads back to my house, Including that fun little one with the tree canopy.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #53658
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,803
This year sucks it.

I can't remember a time in the last year when I wasn't hurt, screwed up, chasing my tail doing something, messing with broken cars, houses, people and animals. I don't think I rode less, except when I didn't have a bike. Actually, I think I rode more when I didn't have a bike. Yeah, it's possible.

Woke up this morning to go riding with invisible_monster, walked down into the basement to get my gear and water is standing all over the place. The pressure tank inlet pipe has ruptured and is spraying water all over the fucking place.

So, $50 later and several hours of cussing and sweating pipes and that's fixed. Soaked a bunch of stuff, but nothing too major mostly the corner of my basement where my "preps" are, stored food and stuff.

I did get the bike out and rode a few back roads and explored around Dry Creek and the Licking some more before coming home with a splitting headache. The only interesting thing I found on this trip was a guy sitting in a tree stand on the bank of the Licking wearing pink camo. Hey, I don't judge. The deer might tho.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #53659
rellim_63
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
I quoted you... I seem to remember reading one of the stories that said she had been dug up, her head removed, and her head and body being buried elsewhere to ward off the witch craft. I watched a documentary on the Salem witch trials last night, those people were crazy...

Yeah, i need to compare my GPS track from yesterday with google earth, there has to be a way through that, it looked pretty well traveled by ATV traffic....I bet that if it weren't for the leaves and threat of rednecks we could have picked out where the trail went.

From where we split off, I was able to grab Tucker road back up and ride those roads back to my house, Including that fun little one with the tree canopy.
yeah the first grave is supposed to be there in the haul roads where you guys were, then the second is between plainfield and kimbolton i think.

Those haul roads are good times but i always get lost when i go out that way
rellim_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #53660
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellim_63 View Post
yeah the first grave is supposed to be there in the haul roads where you guys were, then the second is between plainfield and kimbolton i think.

Those haul roads are good times but i always get lost when i go out that way
I do as well, that's half the fun and they all eventually dump you back out on 541, 83 or 93

Old 10-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #53661
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 783
Getting the WR broken in. Put abound 150 miles of mixed roads in the past couple of days. I ordered a skidplate and some Tusk barkbusters with the wind deflectors. After just a few miles of gravel I was tired of hearing rocks bounce off the case. My bike doesn't even have a plastic guard like the KLR. I've disassembled it and looked at how things are wired and how the de-emission stuff was done, fixed a twisting grip, and built a small rear rack out of a plastic cutting board. It's a bit smaller than the immix racing rack, but a little larger than the little triangle shaped ones. I bolted it in 4 holes that go through the subframe. I threw the tiny pelican box back on the rack for now, but am looking for a better solution for small stuff like tools and registration. I changed the switch mounting around for the heated grips, but still don't like it. The heat is nice though. Also ordered some bar risers to raise the bars. Still unsure of the seat, the dish makes me slide down against the tank, the width and firmness seem good, though. I'll give it a 200+ day before deciding.
This bike is really nice in gravel, it doesn't seem to float around like the KLR, much more planted. I see what y'all mean about the torque, I almost killed it going up a gravel hill in 3rd. I did find the rev limiter is at an indicated 50 in 2nd and 70 in 3rd. Still thinking a slight gear down will work fine for me. Maybe a 14/48 that should also keep the chain off the guide.
ruppster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #53662
mpenner
Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer: 813
Quote:

It looks like we made it a little farther than halfway to the old quarry before we turned around.

Our tracks are in Red and the path for the old road (at least where Mapsource thinks it is) is in Purple. On Google Earth the path looks a lot more defined from the other end.

2001 KLR 650
2003 V-Strom DL1000
mpenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #53663
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,647
Aw crap. They're multiplying.

EJV didn't have any KTM's in stock, had to buy a bike from someone else for once.

Anybody want a DRZ?
Old 10-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #53664
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post
Aw crap. They're multiplying.

EJV didn't have any KTM's in stock, had to buy a bike from someone else for once.

Anybody want a DRZ?
Nice scoot, details? We can start a Katoom posse....

Want to trade that seat for an EE tall seat?

Old 10-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #53665
dox
How much for the ape?

Quote:
Nice scoot, details? We can start a Katoom posse....

Want to trade that seat for an EE tall seat?
09 530EXC, 60 hours / 1200 miles. Desmogged, JD jet kit, Seat Concepts foam/cover, EE skid plate, rad fan kit, KTM/Acerbis 3.4 tank, bar risers. Almost perfect on the suspension/ergo setup as previous owner is nearly the same weight/height.

Might consider a seat trade, though this one is pretty good so far.

It's way above my level, but it's a blast to ride. Spending a lot of hours practicing single skills and just generally getting comfortable with how it (and I) react.

(wheelie action shot for Whitey)

dox screwed with this post 10-21-2012 at 09:00 PM
dox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #53666
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Thanks to the discussion here I went up to the Stockum Cemetery today and rode around on the perfect maze that is Linton Township, thanks for the tip. I put a couple of pics up on the FB.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #53667
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid dadas View Post
Thanks to the discussion here I went up to the Stockum Cemetery today and rode around on the perfect maze that is Linton Township, thanks for the tip. I put a couple of pics up on the FB.
Did you ride up Bird Run, that's my favorite.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #53668
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by dox View Post

It's way above my level...
Nice bike!

If you skill level doesn't catch up, I know where you can trade it off for a tamer 250

(And no, i don't want a DRZ)

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #53669
dox
How much for the ape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
(And no, i don't want a DRZ)
Will trade for Transalp.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #53670
vivid dadas
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Quote:
Did you ride up Bird Run, that's my favorite
Upside down on my head!

Where is it?
(I know where Birds Run is.) I actually rode Bird Road into "Birds Run" today.