Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
RenoMoto OP
Rally Navigator

Oddometer: 212
List of Cross Country Rally events that use Navigation Roadbooks?

Inmates:

I need a list of Cross Country Rally events around the world that use Navigational Roadbooks (Dakar style). I know the obvious targets, but am looking for a comprehensive list.

Does anybody have this info, along with hyperlinks/contact info for each event? It would be a great help!

I searched the forum...no luck.

Muchas gracias in advance,
Pics - Moto - Dakar Rally - Rally Mongolia - TAT - F1 - Sports Cars - Crap
Rally Navigator - Create, Print & Share Rally Routes with Google Earth.
RenoMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,292
Fim list

http://www.fim-live.com/en/sport/cro...allies/events/

Calendar

IMN Start End Event Place Country
801/01 30/03/12 06/04/12 FIM CROSS-COUNTRY RALLIES WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP UNITED ARAB EMIRATES/EMIRATS ARABES UNIS Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge
801/06 15/04/12 21/04/12 FIM CROSS-COUNTRY RALLIES WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP QATAR Sealine Cross-Country Rally
801/04 23/06/12 28/06/12 FIM CROSS-COUNTRY RALLIES WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP ITALY/ITALIE Sardegna Rally Race
801/05 30/09/12 06/10/12 FIM CROSS-COUNTRY RALLIES WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP EGYPT/EGYPTE Pharaoh's Rally
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:52 PM   #3
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 18,083
"Rally List"...

Pretty much the same question was aked here 12 months or more, here is a "list" (the thread then digressed/went on to explain all the reasons why the OP couldn't get to any of the events he was "interested" in... but not much more info. on rally events themselves)

Anyway here is that "list".

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16706596&postcount=2

I also recall (another) thread on/about the same topic... that had a pretty comprehensive list... with links/website addresses to a great number of rally events on the calender (both FIM/CCR, and many non FIM/amatuer events)... but I am damned if I can find it in the morass of "rally" here in the RACING forum.

Anyway, regards finding info. for you own needs... it may be a little more laborious, but if you type in "rally" in the search function window of the RACING FORUM (upper right hand corner of screen) you will get approx. 400 hits (several pages) of threads about (most) rallies that have occured around the globe for the last three/four years an most of them contain information - even direct links to the organisation website.

If I do happen to find that "rally list/link" thread, (or anyone else knows where it is) please post it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:56 PM   #4
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Oddometer: 3,171
Inmate biggles started a list about a year ago...
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719377

In my little corner:

- Serres Rally (Greece, late august, 5 days 1500kms), FIM cross country. Awesome. www.serresrally.gr/new
- Rally Albania (Albania, duh, 6 or 7 days this year, 1700kms). Tough
- TransAnatolia (Turkey, also 6 days I think, 1700kms approx). Haven't done it yet
- Lepanto Rally 2013 (Greece, new event, previously Evia Rally, 5 days 1500kms). More relaxed, um, yeah. Did Evia last year, didn't like it.
- Balkan Marathon (Albania, Bulgaria, Greece, 9 days, about 2000kms). Caters to cars & quads more than bikes.

googling any of the above will take you to their website

Brodovitch screwed with this post 10-22-2012 at 12:13 AM
Brodovitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:04 AM   #5
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
Inmate biggles started a list about a year ago...
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719377

googling (most) of the above will take you to their website
Still tired after Rallye Maroc are we Brodo...? Or was it all the vodka at Cyril's after party?

I found that list as well... but (as Dutchie also recalls - it would seem) there was a more comprehensive list/thread somewhere in here, with links etc. that I'll be vapour locked if I can find, just at the moment.

Quote:

Quote:
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
Old 10-22-2012, 12:08 AM   #6
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Oddometer: 3,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
Still tired after Rallye Maroc are we Brodo...? Or was it all the vodka at Cyril's after party?
That - and trying to dance like MC Hammer really took it's toll
Old 10-22-2012, 04:41 AM   #7
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,372
I think we have to add the MExican 1K to that?
Old 10-22-2012, 04:51 AM   #8
Gian
dreamer

Oddometer: 1,068
Rallye Raid JoJo de l'Histoire
http://www.rallyeraidjojodelhistoire.com/?lg=Fr

Sardinia Legend Rally
http://www.bikevillage.it/index.php?lang=en
Gian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:27 AM   #9
HellasRally
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
- Rally Albania (Albania, 6 or 7 days this year, 1700kms). www.rallyalbania.org 200+ participants, tough terrain, riders from 15 countries

- TransAnatolia (Turkey, also 6 days I think, 1700kms approx). www.transanatolia.com

- Hellas Rally Raid 2013 (Greece, 7 years old, previously Evia Rally, 6 days 1620kms). www.hellasrally.org (you can see what competitors who finished the race say about the race here ) 160+ participants from 12 countries. This year Adventure Rally class for bikes and cars with GPS navigation, parallel event.

- Balkan Marathon (Albania, FYROMacedonia, Bulgaria, Greece, 9 days, about 2000kms). www.balkanoffroad.com has equal percentage of cars and bikes like every other Rally Raid, this year was the biggest rally raid in Balkans 2500klm and unde FIM calendar, 50 participants 5 bivouacs
HellasRally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #10
RenoMoto OP
Rally Navigator

Excellent - thanks for the help!

I appreciate the help - ADVRider rocks.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #11
barrier
Says who?

Oddometer: 495
Quote:

I found that list as well... but (as Dutchie also recalls - it would seem) there was a more comprehensive list/thread somewhere in here, with links etc. that I'll be vapour locked if I can find, just at the moment.
'list of rally races' on ADV.
I may have just beaten Troy at something involving rallye and the interweb.!!!!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=647735
Old 10-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #12
biggles0449
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Quote:
Pretty much the same question was aked here 12 months or more, here is a "list" (the thread then digressed/went on to explain all the reasons why the OP couldn't get to any of the events he was "interested" in... but not much more info. on rally events themselves)

Anyway here is that "list".

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16706596&postcount=2

I also recall (another) thread on/about the same topic... that had a pretty comprehensive list... with links/website addresses to a great number of rally events on the calender (both FIM/CCR, and many non FIM/amatuer events)... but I am damned if I can find it in the morass of "rally" here in the RACING forum.

Anyway, regards finding info. for you own needs... it may be a little more laborious, but if you type in "rally" in the search function window of the RACING FORUM (upper right hand corner of screen) you will get approx. 400 hits (several pages) of threads about (most) rallies that have occured around the globe for the last three/four years an most of them contain information - even direct links to the organisation website.

If I do happen to find that "rally list/link" thread, (or anyone else knows where it is) please post it here.
Troy, if you know a better way than i do, for posting an excel file onto this forum, then send me an email address and ill send you my "list" of " rallies" the only reason the list mentioned above, didnt have more comprehensive info, was the fact i could not get an excel file to save correctly onto ADV.

The file I have on my laptop, is updated with 70 events, prices, locations, dates and links.. more than welcome to it if any of you guys want it.. just PM and ill forward it onto you..

Unfortunately being the OP mentioned above, life happens, if you dont like it.. well... at least i tried and things are on track now, having just finished my second rally for the year, sadly i live in the real world and plans dont always work out.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #13
RenoMoto OP
Rally Navigator

Biggles - PM Sent!

Huge thanks to Biggles....appreciate the effort from fellow inmates.

This list will be included in our Rally Roadbook software project...Rally Navigator.

Stay tuned for more info....
Old 10-27-2012, 11:32 PM   #14
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

[QUOTE=barrier;19906014]'list of rally races' on ADV.
I may have just beaten Troy at something involving rallye and the interweb.!!!!
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=647735[/QUOTE]

We have a winner... that's the "thread" I was thinking of / referring to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles0449 View Post
Troy, if you know a better way than i do, for posting an excel file onto this forum, then send me an email address and ill send you my "list" of " rallies" the only reason the list mentioned above, didnt have more comprehensive info, was the fact i could not get an excel file to save correctly onto ADV.

The file I have on my laptop, is updated with 70 events, prices, locations, dates and links.. more than welcome to it if any of you guys want it.. just PM and ill forward it onto you..

Unfortunately being the OP mentioned above, life happens, if you dont like it.. well... at least i tried and things are on track now, having just finished my second rally for the year, sadly i live in the real world and plans dont always work out.
As far as the "excel file" goes Biggles, no - like you - I have no idea if/how you would convert an excel file the easiest manner to make it suitable to post up here? (can an excel be converted to pdf. or a word.doc or similar file?)

Regards your second "life happens" comment...? Mate, it's got nothing to do with what I like... it seems you have missinterpreted my post as a criticism? Which it wasn't (intended to be). The ORIGINAL POSTER of this thread, asked for a list (and links to/information about) rallies that use navigation roadbooks. I searched and found YOUR thread; posted a link to it, and an explanation that it featured a "list"... but little in the way of links/other information. And the fact that the thread digessed into a bit of a personal account of one inmates journey along the path (as many do), merely to point out that the bulk of "information" material was pretty much the "list" persé. Not a criticism, just a brief synopsis of the thread I "linked" to.

If you took that as a criticism of your efforts to get to the various rallies you looked into... my appologies - it was not my intention at all.

In my first post on this thread, I also mentioned the fact I recalled another thread (which barrier found ) that had more links/info. on the same subject matter.

I am sure that your excel spreadsheet is of great interest and value to anyone looking for more information on events of this type... thanks for answering and thanks for you offer of sharing/assistance in providing the list of rally contacts/information you compiled.

Quote:

Quote:
Old 10-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #15
biggles0449
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
OK, cheers for that Troy, appreciate the response.. to me, it came across as a dig for talking about something and then not following through. All under the bridge..

Brodo got a copy of the latest spreadsheet, so he'll weave his Greek magic on it and post on here once its in a format that can be posted.

Cheers