Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 11:38 AM   #631
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
Amazing fact...that was the first Cup race without an Earnhardt since September 1979.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see Junior retire from driving in the near future.
His heart doesn't seem in it.I wouldn't blame him.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #632
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Oddometer: 14,108
You guys see where Jr said the impact at Kansas during the tire test was recorded at 40 g's? I guess they had instruments on board for testing? Maybe that will be the way to get a handle on when to test drivers for concussions? Record over 12 g's and you go to the doctor?
Old 10-21-2012, 09:06 PM   #633
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Good grief, Danica has lost her mind.

Sounds like GoDaddy is gonna drop her after next season. I highly doubt she has what it takes to even run a full Cup season and I bet she washes out by May.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:01 AM   #634
Rick West
Function not Farkles

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
Good grief, Danica has lost her mind.

Sounds like GoDaddy is gonna drop her after next season. I highly doubt she has what it takes to even run a full Cup season and I bet she washes out by May.
Totalling another perfectly good race car while acting like a spoiled child.

The team and GoDaddy deserve better than that. There is no way that little girl has what it takes to compete in Cup. The talent is not there and with GoDaddy's money likely to be gone for 2014, not much chance she will be around past 2013.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #635
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Oddometer: 5,000
I didn't see the race, but just watched a you tube clip of the incident. She fucked up, but she didn't do anything that the good ole' boys haven't been doing to each other for the last 40 or so years.

And she seemed pretty good in the NW race, other than once they got up to speed she would start going backwards. Only saw parts of that one, but what I did see she was always running top ten. She seems to have the NW cars somewhat figured out, Cup, not so much.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #636
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
I didn't see the race, but just watched a you tube clip of the incident. She fucked up, but she didn't do anything that the good ole' boys haven't been doing to each other for the last 40 or so years.

And she seemed pretty good in the NW race, other than once they got up to speed she would start going backwards. Only saw parts of that one, but what I did see she was always running top ten. She seems to have the NW cars somewhat figured out, Cup, not so much.
She's had plenty of opportunity to prove herself,and hasn't in my book.I took some flack for questioning her ability in the past on here,but shes a spoiled ,pampered little princess who pouts and throws a fit whenever things don't go her way.If everyone was like her,I'd never watch another race.Kyle Petty hit the nail on the head last night on Windtunnel.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #637
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
.Kyle Petty hit the nail on the head last night on Windtunnel.
I missed that. Care to recap?
Uller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #638
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

He basically said what I did.He said if Go Daddy left she'd have a time finding another sponsor based on her past "lack of" performance and Stewart and other supporters would not be able to justify her existence in cup.He felt its was all about the marketing and once that left,she be up a creek so to speak.

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/wind...n/video-clips/

http://bcove.me/jue5unei
Old 10-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #639
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
He basically said what I did.He said if Go Daddy left she'd have a time finding another sponsor based on her past "lack of" performance and Stewart and other supporters would not be able to justify her existence in cup.He felt its was all about the marketing and once that left,she be up a creek so to speak.

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/wind...n/video-clips/

http://bcove.me/jue5unei
Thank You!!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #640
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Denny Hamlin story...I used to wrench for FedEx Freight and Denny came by with the car for some big shot promo stuff, it was the summer before he was in Cup. I was talking to him, just hanging out eating some bbq and mentioned that I had never heard of him before, he said that's okay, but I will hear of him in the future...sure enough, that dude can wheel a car, damn the luck.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #641
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,229
Didn't watch the race today but I was watching Speed Center and Kenny Wallace was saying how well Danica did today. Kyle Petty says "I don't know why we're talking about the 24th place car when there was so much other good racing going on?." I'm a Danica fan but its time for the media to move on. I think she would agree. I'm also a Jimmy Johnson fan but would love to see someone else win, like Brad.
exoff-roadgoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #642
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

I was watching the Global Rally Cross race the other day. It was in Las Vegas at the same time the SEMA show was going on.

They had an interview with Danica (she was there for sponsors) and asked her if she ever saw herself ever racing one of the Rally Cross Cars. Her response was something along the lines of, "Probably not, I don't really like to drive sideways." Now, I am paraphrasing but, her statement really caught me and made me think that that right there is her problem with racing Nascar and why she won't ever be really good. She isn't ever comfortable with a loose car and having it slide out on her.

All of the best Nascar drivers have come from dirt; where you are almost always driving sideways and if your not always doing it, you're definitely comfortable doing it on a regular basis.

Look at Brad and Jimmy's last couple laps at Texas. The back ends of both of their cars were starting to step out on each one of those turns.....
Old 11-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #643
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Danica who?

Vickers to Gibbs for a full time ride in Nationwide. I predict 15 wins and the championship, he's that good.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #644
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 75,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
I was watching the Global Rally Cross race the other day. It was in Las Vegas at the same time the SEMA show was going on.

They had an interview with Danica (she was there for sponsors) and asked her if she ever saw herself ever racing one of the Rally Cross Cars. Her response was something along the lines of, "Probably not, I don't really like to drive sideways." Now, I am paraphrasing but, her statement really caught me and made me think that that right there is her problem with racing Nascar and why she won't ever be really good. She isn't ever comfortable with a loose car and having it slide out on her.

All of the best Nascar drivers have come from dirt; where you are almost always driving sideways and if your not always doing it, you're definitely comfortable doing it on a regular basis.

Look at Brad and Jimmy's last couple laps at Texas. The back ends of both of their cars were starting to step out on each one of those turns.....
Good point. Kimi Raikkonen, the F1 former champion, ran 2 races in truck and wanted out of that vehicle in the worst way. He couldn't handle how loose a "good" set-up is.

Kimi ran a bunch of world rally car races, never got much of a result there. He won one race, I believe. It was all asphalt, no dirt.

Sunday, he won the F1 race in Bahrain.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #645
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,830
Hmmm the Chase just took a turn!!!!!
NC-Okie is offline   Reply With Quote