User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #481
pfdskipper
Westside Trash

Oddometer: 881
Upcoming Sales?

Could you post any upcoming discounted sales that are planned for the near future?
pfdskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #482
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Oddometer: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfdskipper View Post
Could you post any upcoming discounted sales that are planned for the near future?
Will do. Unfortunately we just did our last show special for the year so could be awhile, but ill always keep you guys posted with the latest BD news
Like our facebook page for all the latest BD news:https://www.facebook.com/BajaDesigns...gy?ref=tn_tnmn
Baja Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:34 AM   #483
Gregster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepetrueba View Post
Bought 2 squadrons and a single 8" OnX from Baja Designs.
Mounted this setup removing 2 Baja Design pre-runner hid driving lights mated to 2 Cibie super Oscar halogen 100w driving on my Tacoma truck and there is no comparison with the output of LED. Latest technology and small footprint on bumper is simply amazing. Very powerfull equally spread beam that reaches far out. People on freeway 5 southbound to Tijuana probably thought it was a border patrol helicopter "chasing pollitos" behind their bumper kind when i turned them on last night while driving to Mexico.

ON my super enduro have 2 suadrons that replaced the rigid dually d2s.
THe rigids where pushed to a slower yamaha kodiak 4x4 quad.
Thanks again Mike.
Baja Designs is the king of lights.
I have always equipped my cars throughout my life with almost all lights ever manufactured:
Cibie, Marchal, Ducellier, Carello,KC, Hella, Wipac, Piaa,Lucas, Lightforce, Bosch, Baja Designs, Rigid, OSram...
Again lates led technology is the way to go
Have you got any pictures or a link to another site like tacomaworld or expeditionportal that show pictures of the lights on your Tacoma? I have an '05 DCLB myself and am thinking about adding some offroad lights to that.

Gregster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #484
pepetrueba
PePeBaJa

Oddometer: 195
BAJA DESIGNS SQUADRONS & OnX

Here are pictures of tacoma with 2 squadrons and a single OnX

Old 10-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #485
pepetrueba
PePeBaJa

ON SQUADRONS + OnX

light on in underground parking
Old 10-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #486
pepetrueba
PePeBaJa

LED size

With lates small squadron or installing the ONx to motorcycles, you can have the power of the dual La Paz HIDs on smaller lighter mounts for your motorcycle.
I believe on this year's Baja 1000, we will see the firepower on the latest LED light displayed by top motorcycle teams.
I remember wrestling the big light on my 525exc, specially when the scotts stabilizer was cranked at hard setting, the extra weight of light was felt in your arms
Old 10-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #487
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer: 1,882
G'day Mike do you guy send direct to Australia , I'm looking at
2 x squadrons for my 690 rally and one for my 500EXC

cheers
Mudguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #488
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudguts View Post
G'day Mike do you guy send direct to Australia , I'm looking at
2 x squadrons for my 690 rally and one for my 500EXC

cheers
We can but also have a distributor in Australia
PM sent
Like our facebook page for all the latest BD news:https://www.facebook.com/BajaDesigns...gy?ref=tn_tnmn
Old 10-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #489
malcolmzilla
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
We just returned from 9 days in Baja, with some long days well past dusk and the Squadrons were great, both in reach and pattern.
malcolmzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #490
WHYNOWTHEN
where are the pedals?

Oddometer: 549
Love these lights!

I was wondering how robust they were / how they would stand up to the occasional get-offs that I'm sure nobody else ever has. So I went down to Baja to look for some nice soft sand to gently lay the bike down in.

Lights stood up just fine. And I got to check the bottom of my skid plate for any scratches.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #491
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Glad to see you guys are loving the lights and having fun riding!
Old 11-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #492
pingvin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Designs View Post
More pictures of the 08-12

Received the squadron kit for my 2010 530EXCR Champion Edition (which I think is a 2009 with some fancy decals). Have stock light and switch and KTM DC stator. How do I connect lights to stock wiring?

Also have the dimmer box but assume doesn't change anything except that lights are connected to dimmer and then dimmer connects to stock wiring (?)

EDIT: Turned out actually was plug n' play :-) Can't wait to try it in the dark!
1981 Husqvarna 420 AE

pingvin screwed with this post 11-11-2012 at 05:42 AM
pingvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #493
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,571
There is one problem with running a Squadron LED light...

It is so bloody bright that everyone wants to stop you to ask "What the hell light is THAT!"
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #494
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,887
I love my BD Squadron on my FE390, but a couple Baja racerboys I was talking to recently said that LED tech (including BD's) just did not have good enough "color rendition" for "real" racing and basically snubbed the LED idea and said you had to have HID to race and LED were a boutique add-on. Them's sound like fightin' words!

Curious what Baja Designs response to that would be.

I know my Squadron works well for me as far as I can tell.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #495
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
I love my BD Squadron on my FE390, but a couple Baja racerboys I was talking to recently said that LED tech (including BD's) just did not have good enough "color rendition" for "real" racing and basically snubbed the LED idea and said you had to have HID to race and LED were a boutique add-on. Them's sound like fightin' words!

Curious what Baja Designs response to that would be.

I know my Squadron works well for me as far as I can tell.
Hey Cyborg

So much of racing comes down to personal preference, changing generations, and technological advancements. I personally am not a racer, but like you, a huge fan of the Squadron and other BD LED lights that throw more than enough light for me as well as a color temperature that is very comfortable/natural for the human eye. Although I am not a racer, Baja Designs is very much a racer generated company; our owner and head engineer has raced motorcycles all the way to class 1 race cars in Baja and many other locations. We pride ourselves on the fact that we test and aim lights for all of our race teams and try to assist and educate all of our customers with the same information. Baja Designs is not only a racer and enthusiast company, but as many of you know we are an engineering based company. It has taken countless years of research & development to ensure that LED lighting is actually race worthy and safe for users. Two or Three years ago this was only a dream and we would agree that LED lighting would have been a, "boutique add-on"; you would out run the light and it didn’t throw enough distance to be main forward lighting. Color temperature plays a huge role in the functionality of any light, in some cases the wrong color temp can lead to driver/rider fatigue and basically would be unsafe for racers. We have found through testing in the harshest conditions, environments, and terrain possible that 5000k (kelvin) is visually receptive to most human eyes. After countless scientific tests of the Kelvin scale it has been found that it accurately resembles the sun at noon on a perfect day (no weather conditions). LED technology like many other technologies is advancing and continuing to become more efficient, but the color temperatures of LEDs has and will continue to be accurate to the Kelvin Color temperature scale. Overall, we at Baja Designs would never let anyone, enthusiast or racer alike use a light if we didn't believe it was not only safe, but would give a competitive advantage. The Squadron and OnX have shown the amazing possibilities of LED technology, the Squadron was used by many Factory teams at the Baja 1000 during dusk and the OnX was used by many including Factory KTM as the first all LED motorcycle race set-up landing them second place behind JCR Honda. LED lighting is the future and it is already here with testimonials from around the world, it is an exciting time with the release of the OnX, it is the first time the distance of an HID has been achieved with the spread of an LED. Please forgive me if this was too much or in any way repetitive, this is something we are passionate about and love the opportunity to speak openly with enthusiasts. So, we at BD would have to respectfully disagree with that statement and ask those racers to please call us for testing :). Thank you for the information and question, you always have great ones cyborg! As always we will continue to create as much educational material as possible to be passed along and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Thanks
BD