Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #1786
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 17,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnbow View Post
Longtime Harley riders have seen this coming for years, unnecessarily brought on by an out of control EPA and environmental lobbyists chasing ever smaller environmental returns for ever larger expenditures while Agribusiness sells us food as fuel. But carry on with YOUR narrative..
yeah, everyone is polluting but my vehicle. out of control EPA....? Thats what forced HD to design an engine that runs so lean, so much you have to buy a stage one kit right away in order to run right? oh. blame someone else for a poor solution to a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnbow View Post
Yet apparently care enough to comment.... "Harley sold out!"
let me explain. I don't care which way they decide. It wont affect me since I have a Gold Wing made in the US with water cooling.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:47 AM   #1787
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZbiker View Post
No, but the windshield blocks the air, which I really don't like. I've got a really short windshield on right now, and I still don't like it. Also the fairings make the bike more difficult to service. Not seeing any positives here...

Don't knock it 'till you've tried it. I tried it, and I can honestly say I don't like faired bikes.

My next bike will be naked.

I like feeling the elements. If I need protection from them, I gear up.
Well said. I too like naked bikes... But I just got a Sprint ST and it will be a while before I will develop any sort of dislike for it.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #1788
AZbiker
Crunkin' with crackers

Oddometer: 6,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mpg View Post
yeah, everyone is polluting but my vehicle. out of control EPA....? Thats what forced HD to design an engine that runs so lean, so much you have to buy a stage one kit right away in order to run right? oh. blame someone else for a poor solution to a problem.

let me explain. I don't care which way they decide. It wont affect me since I have a Gold Wing made in the US with water cooling.
It's also the reason my friend's HONDA NH750 had to fast-idle on the choke for 5 minutes on cold mornings before it could be ridden, unless one broke federal law and adjusted the carbs.

Probably the same reason a lot of FI bikes have surging problems until they are PROPERLY adjusted.

Fuck the EPA in their collective ear with a 1/2" piece of rebar.

derek

http://azbiker.smugmug.com

Got SmugMug? If not, save some cash and use my code: McYdbycdcvM5Q
AZbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:09 AM   #1789
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 6,369
Quote:

I have a bone stock HD with 22k miles in less than 2 years. No lean run issues. Where did you hear that stage one is a must?

3 weeks solo: Overland Expo East ,Barber Vintage Fest and beyond
Ginger Beard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #1790
woodnbow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,441
Quote:
yeah, everyone is polluting but my vehicle. out of control EPA....? Thats what forced HD to design an engine that runs so lean, so much you have to buy a stage one kit right away in order to run right? oh. blame someone else for a poor solution to a problem. The problem is one invented by the EPA. That, dear Hermoine, is what seems to elude your grasp. Indeed...

let me explain. I don't care which way they decide. You don't care which way they decide but like a dog you return to your vomit... It wont affect me since I have a Gold Wing made in the US with water cooling.
Enjoy your day...
Old 07-30-2012, 08:38 AM   #1791
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,697
Quote:
How many times have you had your frame welded, radiator repaired,.. and what was that issue they were having with the heat taking out that one part?

You do know that the Gold Wing is not built here in the States any more right?
Old 07-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #1792
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 17,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
How many times have you had your frame welded, radiator repaired,.. and what was that issue they were having with the heat taking out that one part?

You do know that the Gold Wing is not built here in the States any more right?
none.
there is a recall for the combined brake thingy but I have not had a problem. they say it could cause the brake to drag.
what part? have not heard about that.
I have an '09, which was.

I dont give a half a shit what anyone rides. it is the blind sheep, dedicated loyalty to a company that makes me wonder about people.

someone asked about the lean running condition of a stock bike. every dealer said that the bike needs it before you leave the dealer. everyone changes it anyway but when I hear stuff like that, it makes my head hurt to know people accept that.

someone else commented on dog vomit...you should seek some help for your mis-directed anger. it is eating you up inside.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #1793
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZbiker View Post
Okay--water-jacketed blocks are ugly to some people, which is why they are covered in plastic or have fake fins bolted on. Personally I think naked bandits and SV-Ns look great. So do streetfighters.

The only cosmetic covers my xlh had were one over the fusebox (a little triangle beneath the seat on the left side) and chrome covers over the fender struts.. Everything else had a function.

Out of the bikes you mentioned I bet HD sells more of a specific model (IE the Nightster) than the sum total of all those bikes in a year. 650f--discontinued with lots of leftovers, same with the VStrom, TL-R, and SVs. The current Vmaxes aren't leftovers because they are only imported when they are ordered AFAIK and I personally haven't even seen one on the road yet.
I have no idea what the sales numbers are for any model , any manufacturer. keep the fins if you like, its hard to see them when you're riding, I guess.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:09 AM   #1794
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,415
Earnings are up 17% y on y. Largely driven NA sales.

http://www.dailypolitical.com/financ...ly-results.htm

Share price is down 10% though.
Vertical C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #1795
Tuna Helper
Rawrr!

Oddometer: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by BgDadddy View Post
Yes indeed. Especially when wrestling the big pig around the twisties.
Agreed, but it doesn't have to be a big pig. (Buell)
Tuna Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:20 PM   #1796
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

Oddometer: 1,204
2013 110th Anniversary Harley Davidson Road King...

Mountain Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #1797
Ragin Rabbi
Semper Fidelis

Oddometer: 5,031
Not a fan of the brown.

Looks like a nice machine though. But, what sets this one apart from the run of the mill Road King? Or is it the paint?

Curious.

It takes a village to raise a child.

Go You Spurs!!
Ragin Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #1798
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Rabbi View Post
Not a fan of the brown.

Looks like a nice machine though. But, what sets this one apart from the run of the mill Road King? Or is it the paint?

Curious.
They call it bronze/black. Pretty much no difference other than the paint and some medallions. Comes standard with ABS/securtity package.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #1799
Mountain Cruiser
Banned

Lots of nice colors for the 2013 models. I like the Concord Purple with light purple and red pinstripes as well. The Artic White with red pinstripe looks good too.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #1800
southwade
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Oddometer: 1,745
Warning.... bad music.