Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #16
mookybird
Gramps

Oddometer: 213
When I was a kid I thought the Bultaco Matador had to be about the most beautiful thing I ever saw and Jim Pomeroy winning the Spanish Gran Prix was another highlight.

I still can't pass one without stopping for a trip down memory lane, I spent many happy hours riding, falling off and pushing Bultaco's. denny
mookybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #17
blaine.hale
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookybird View Post
When I was a kid I thought the Bultaco Matador had to be about the most beautiful thing I ever saw and Jim Pomeroy winning the Spanish Gran Prix was another highlight.

I still can't pass one without stopping for a trip down memory lane, I spent many happy hours riding, falling off and pushing Bultaco's. denny
I do love the looks of mine, even with the wrong fenders, bars, no lights etc etc. (It's coming back to stock now, slowly)

1969 Bultaco Bandido MK2
2013 Husqvarna Terra TR650
blaine.hale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:57 AM   #18
Melrone
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 897
You know its still great to see a bunch of Bultaco heads in this world.I still have a 68 Bul in my garage..Its a old square barrel 250 Sherpa T..Bought my first one in 1973 it was a 1972 175 Sherpa S.Back then the anti- Bultaco lovers had a saying Buljunko Cement mixers,until we kicked there ass on the race track..Old Bultaco fans never die they just get old...Keep it up Guys....
Melrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #19
blaine.hale
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrone View Post
You know its still great to see a bunch of Bultaco heads in this world.I still have a 68 Bul in my garage..Its a old square barrel 250 Sherpa T..Bought my first one in 1973 it was a 1972 175 Sherpa S.Back then the anti- Bultaco lovers had a saying Buljunko Cement mixers,until we kicked there ass on the race track..Old Bultaco fans never die they just get old...Keep it up Guys....
I kind of have 3 Bultacos (the matador and 2 bandidos) and I'm only 25...I keep the spirit alive :)
1969 Bultaco Bandido MK2
2013 Husqvarna Terra TR650
blaine.hale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #20
Rich B
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 616
Talking

During my misspent and impressionable youth, I had a Cushman scooter (step dad's scooter actually) that I rode places I wasn't supposed too....the neighbor had a M68 Pursang. When I was 14 or so, he let me ride the Pursang....it about killed me, but I was hooked, had no interest in the Cushman after that....

I have owned at least one Bul ever since I was about 22....have 3 currently, the Astro with the Frankenmotor (Astro bottom end, Pursang MK11 top end) and 2 - M68 Pursangs, including the actual one I rode so long ago.....found it mostly intact about 10 years ago. Got another mostly intact M68 this spring.

Bul built a lot of bikes that just look right. Even today, tough to beat a Pursang or Astro for looks.....
Old 10-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #21
PSchrauber
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 821
Yes Buls are beauties, mine is still undergoing a rebuild in two versions, bone stock with NOS parts, (this takes
some time) and contemporary "pimped":

After 1 1/2 years I hope to get the bike completed for spring. This rebuild in two versions, -I like both- I have underrated quite a bit ...
PSchrauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #22
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSchrauber View Post

I want.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #23
PSchrauber
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead Wrangler View Post

I want.
Thank you ... You still find this Sherpa 199b here and there, around 1700 where made.

The blue-white colorscheme - which fit's very nice in my opinion - was designed to honor the Finnish rider Yrjö Vesterinen. He was three times in a row world champion with the Sherpa, 1976 - 1979. Expecially with this model he was third in 1981 and he also won the Scottish Six Days and the British championship.

Technical this model was the first and last Sherpa that got a six speed gearbox and has the "biggest" engine for trials bike Bultaco developed. The engine has 340cc.

The engine has a huge crank with around 6,5 kg, the rotor weights 3,4 kg and has too an extra flywheel on the clutch side with 2,6 kg this makes 12,5 kg of rotating masses. Therefor the engine produces extreme torque already when idling but is not very lively ... Maximum speed is btw. 87 km/h in standard gearing (55 miles/h) and the engine
doesn't like high rpm, (max rpm is 5,500 - 6,000), and feels quite well at low speed.

You just aim the route, then twist the throttle a little bit and the bike rolls nearly unstoppable forward, undependable to the underground or slope, it's too quite light: around 95 kg in standard trim.
PSchrauber is offline   Reply With Quote