Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 11:10 PM   #586
Ben Carufel
Boxer Addict

Oddometer: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by makad View Post
With all his TDF's taken away then the titles go to second place and so on, I say test that lot too....and so on. Don't fuck around - make ALL the tests as rigourous as those subjected on LA. Plus everyone tattle on each other so its all out in the open. Truth and reconciliation style if you like.
At which place do you reckon they'll get to guy thats undertaken that 21 day torture test and IS clean? You wont find a single guy because "thats the way they roll".
In which case, can Lance get his titles back and we can continue as per usual.....because everythings corrupt anyhow.

Rant over.
From everything I've read, it seems like the plan is to let them stay blank as a reminder.

One report said that something like 10 out of 11 of the other top finishers in those years (combined, I presume) have also been implicated/suspected/accused/caught doping.
Ben Carufel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:47 AM   #587
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Carufel View Post
From everything I've read, it seems like the plan is to let them stay blank as a reminder.

One report said that something like 10 out of 11 of the other top finishers in those years (combined, I presume) have also been implicated/suspected/accused/caught doping.
I read it was 20 out of the 21 podium finishers in his winning years... of course I read it on the internet and have now perpetuated it here.. so... it must be true.

http://deadspin.com/5937591/all-seve...s-of-their-own

Not sure what I intend to convey with that.. He got what he deserved... but everyone he was competing with was on the same drugs he was... soooo what now??
Old 10-24-2012, 08:06 AM   #588
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,177
I am sure some journalist is out there doing this for every year LA won.. but I am too lazy.. here is a snap shot of 2005.

1. Armstrong.. doped
2. Ivan Basso ..operation Puerto
3. Ulrich admitted doping
4. Francisco Mancebo - operation Puerto
5. vinakuourov - admitted doping 2 year ban
6. Levi - admitted doping
7. Rasmussen - doper, caught
8. Cadel Evans - Clean?
9. Landis - caught doper
10. Pereiro tested positive for asthma medication and had a back filled pass for it?? questionable
11. Christophe Moreau- convicted doper
12. Popovych - implicated in the LA doping investigation
13. Mazzoleni - 2 year ban for doping
14. Hincappie - admitted doper

another article here..
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...ce-titles.html
Old 10-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #589
Shuffler
Getting a grip...

Oddometer: 1,658
Cry me a river. Too bad Lance is too much of an ass to just admit to cheating and misleading his sponsors and millions of fans. I won't discredit his doped-up accomplishments, but will stand by my opinion that without all the drugs, he'd have been 'good', not 'great', along with many others. Really sucks for the 'stockers' who knowingly/unknowingly raced against an 'unlimited' field.

I'm hopeful that this train keeps rolling, to the point where we get to see the full list of Joe Papp's customers, and who here in our local area is on it....should be interesting.
KTM 950A | KTM 300XCW | BMW R1100RT
Shuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #590
Flaco
Zombie Holocaust

Oddometer: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
Cry me a river. Too bad Lance is too much of an ass to just admit to cheating and misleading his sponsors and millions of fans. I won't discredit his doped-up accomplishments, but will stand by my opinion that without all the drugs, he'd have been 'good', not 'great', along with many others. Really sucks for the 'stockers' who knowingly/unknowingly raced against an 'unlimited' field.

I'm hopeful that this train keeps rolling, to the point where we get to see the full list of Joe Papp's customers, and who here in our local area is on it....should be interesting.
I wonder if Chuck is on that Joe Papp list. I'm sure you raced against a bunch of cheaters.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #591
Shuffler
Getting a grip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaco View Post
I wonder if Chuck is on that Joe Papp list. I'm sure you raced against a bunch of cheaters.
I believe he was a casualty of the Joe Papp thing...it was pretty big news around the area and his excuses didn't add up. Good rider, for sure...but never 'awesome' beyond a handful of small local wins.

Then some 40-something douche named Todd Robertson got popped here and it made the rounds on 303Cycling ... you know, he was so special he went from racing 35+ to getting a pro ride with Scion at age 47...that's pretty normal
Old 10-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #592
Flaco
Zombie Holocaust

Oddometer: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
I believe he was a casualty of the Joe Papp thing...it was pretty big news around the area and his excuses didn't add up. Good rider, for sure...but never 'awesome' beyond a handful of small local wins.

Then some 40-something douche named Todd Robertson got popped here and it made the rounds on 303Cycling ... you know, he was so special he went from racing 35+ to getting a pro ride with Scion at age 47...that's pretty normal
NOT NORMAL.

I'm certain that everyone who ever beat me cheated. That includes you.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #593
Shuffler
Getting a grip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaco View Post
NOT NORMAL.

I'm certain that everyone who ever beat me cheated. That includes you.
I did it for the Growler mug I never got
Old 10-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #594
Baldy
Site Owner

Oddometer: 8,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Carufel View Post
Agreed. I volunteered to ride my motorcycle as a camera bike for the SuperFrog triathlon in Coronado last month. Local news ended up running a clip of me riding next to him as the photographer snapped away.

My Facebook update that day was "What a stunning athlete. Love him or hate him, the guy is a machine." I still stand by that -- but having read the USADA report here and there, and especially the having closely followed the confessions of his former teammates...I no longer am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's clean.

The energy and presence he brought to the SuperFrog was really, really palpable. Wouldn't have been the same event had he not been there.

Also, one of the photographers I had on my bike is someone who knows him somewhat well and it was fun to listen to the two of them chat while we rode alongside him. Lance was pacing the leader by a few hundred meters on the bike stage and he asked the photog who it was in front. The photog told him it was last year's or the year before's USAT world champ (or something suitably impressive) and Lance did one of these faces and said "Shit, I need to pick up the pace. I didn't realize it was that guy!"

Crappy cell phone pic from the news broadcast. I'm the guy on the GSA with the yellow vest off to the right there.

Wow, that's fascinating! I almost did the Superfrog just because Lance was there. I would have loved loved loved to see him compete in Kona. I couldn't believe how good he looked in that speedo at age 41 when you can't hide anything.

I have to admit that.....the way he crushed that run on the soft sand at age 41, smoking the world duathlon champion, made me wonder. After all that cheating for so long he just barely got caught, and if it weren't a team sport I don't think he would have. It must be easier to dope in triathlon.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #595
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,569
Greg LeMond speaks out

This just in from VeloNews, worthy of a read

"Three-time Tour de France winner Greg LeMond posted a note to his Facebook account Wednesday evening, calling for UCI president Pat McQuaid, as well as honorary president Hein Verbruggen, to step down from their positions. LeMond’s note was first reposted by cycling blog NY Velocity, which, along with Cyclismas.com, launched a fund for journalist Paul Kimmage to aid in his defamation lawsuit against the UCI; that fund has recently reached $70,000. VeloNews.com is posting LeMond’s open letter to McQuaid, copyedited but in its entirety, here.

Can anyone help me out? I know this sounds kind of lame but I am not well-versed in social marketing. I would like to send a message to everyone that really loves cycling. I do not use Twitter and do not have an organized way of getting some of my own “rage” out. I want to tell the world of cycling to please join me in telling Pat McQuaid to f##k off and resign. I have never seen such an abuse of power in cycling’s history; resign Pat, if you love cycling. Resign even if you hate the sport.

Pat McQuaid, you know damn well what has been going on in cycling, and if you want to deny it, then even more reasons why those who love cycling need to demand that you resign.

I have a file with what I believe is well-documented proof that will exonerate Paul.

Pat, in my opinion you and Hein are the corrupt part of the sport. I do not want to include everyone at the UCI because I believe that there are many, maybe most that work at the UCI that are dedicated to cycling, they do it out of the love of the sport, but you and your buddy Hein have destroyed the sport.

Pat, I thought you loved cycling? At one time you did, and if you did love cycling please dig deep inside and remember that part of your life — allow cycling to grow and flourish, please! It is time to walk away. Walk away if you love cycling.

As a reminder I just want to point out that recently you accused me of being the cause of USADA’s investigation against Lance Armstrong. Why would you be inclined to go straight to me as the “cause”? Why shoot the messenger every time?

Every time you do this I get more and more entrenched. I was in your country over the last two weeks and I asked someone that knows you if you were someone that could be rehabilitated. His answer was very quick and it was not good for you. No was the answer — no, no , no!

The problem for sport is not drugs but corruption. You are the epitome of the word corruption.

You can read all about Webster’s definition of corruption. If you want, I can re-post my attorney’s response to your letter where you threaten to sue me for calling the UCI corrupt. FYI I want to officially reiterate to you and Hein that in my opinion the two of your represent the essence of corruption.

I would encourage anyone that loves cycling to donate and support Paul in his fight against the Pat and Hein and the UCI. Skip lunch and donate the amount that you would have spent towards that Sunday buffet towards changing the sport of cycling.

I donated money for Paul’s defense, and I am willing to donate a lot more, but I would like to use it to lobby for dramatic change in cycling. The sport does not need Pat McQuaid or Hein Verbruggen; if this sport is going to change, it is now. Not next year, not down the road, now! Now or never!

People that really care about cycling have the power to change cycling — change it now by voicing your thought and donating money towards Paul Kimmage’s defense, (Paul, I want to encourage you to not spend the money that has been donated to your defense fund on defending yourself in Switzerland. In my case, a USA citizen, I could care less if I lost the UCI’s bogus lawsuit. Use the money to lobby for real change).

If people really want to clean the sport of cycling up all you have to do is put your money where your mouth is.

Don’t buy a USA Cycling license. Give up racing for a year, just long enough to put the UCI and USA cycling out of business. We can then start from scratch and let the real lovers in cycling direct where and how the sport of cycling will go.

Please make a difference.
 Greg"

My book "If You Look at Your Health in a New Way..." is available here
and as PDF here
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:42 AM   #596
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogitate View Post
This just in from VeloNews, worthy of a read

"Can anyone help me out? I know this sounds kind of lame but I am not well-versed in social marketing. I would like to send a message to everyone that really loves cycling. I do not use Twitter and do not have an organized way of getting some of my own “rage” out. I want to tell the world of cycling to please join me in telling Pat McQuaid to f##k off and resign. I have never seen such an abuse of power in cycling’s history; resign Pat, if you love cycling. Resign even if you hate the sport.

Pat McQuaid, you know damn well what has been going on in cycling, and if you want to deny it, then even more reasons why those who love cycling need to demand that you resign.

I have a file with what I believe is well-documented proof that will exonerate Paul.

Pat, in my opinion you and Hein are the corrupt part of the sport. I do not want to include everyone at the UCI because I believe that there are many, maybe most that work at the UCI that are dedicated to cycling, they do it out of the love of the sport, but you and your buddy Hein have destroyed the sport. ~

If people really want to clean the sport of cycling up all you have to do is put your money where your mouth is.

Don’t buy a USA Cycling license. Give up racing for a year, just long enough to put the UCI and USA cycling out of business. We can then start from scratch and let the real lovers in cycling direct where and how the sport of cycling will go.

Please make a difference.
 Greg"
sorry but this sure sounds like someone ranting. ALL leaders of large organizations will have some not like them. politics, internal and external are part of any large organization.

folks wanting to shut down UCI is certainly not new... that UCI would do things to insure it's survival is certainly not new.

if LA doped? what about Greg?

Indurain on Armstrong: ‘I believe in his innocence’ ...
Contador also supports LA

“During my years as doctor for U.S. Postal, I never witnessed organized doping in the team nor incited it personally,” he said. “As a doctor, my actions were to maintain the health of cyclists and oversee their physical performance.”
Garcia Del Moral went on to say that USADA agents first contacted him in June 2012 to respond to the claims of several witnesses, including former Postal Service riders. He said that USADA recommended that he gave evidence against Armstrong and if he did so, no action would be taken against him for his role.

_cy_ screwed with this post 10-25-2012 at 04:49 AM
_cy_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #597
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,018
Julich comes out of the closet.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...esigned_262557
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #598
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Wow, who'da thunk?

My book "If You Look at Your Health in a New Way..." is available here
and as PDF here
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:41 AM   #599
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend

Oddometer: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Big news of the consequences of a corrupt UCI.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...ontinue_261940
Investigation of Libor rate manipulation expanded to include Rabobank + others you may recognize. I'm sure glad the C-suite had the good sense not to tarnish their brand further with these cycling dopes.

CROOKED
There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:20 AM   #600
Dave.0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 681
Armstrong's problem was that he cheated too well. Hell, we all know they all cheated and doped, and most have admitted to it or gotten caught. He needed to be smart about it and throw in some mixed results - not win 7 straight TDF. He could have come back from cancer, won a couple tours, retired as a cancer survivor and role model, and lived happily ever after with his charity and millions in endorsements. If this doping stuff came up, he could have come clean, acknowledged it was rampant and played it off like he is now interested in cleaning up the sport for the love of cycling. More accolades would follow, for being honest and a sportsman.

But, he is a narcissist and an egomaniac - he couldn't stop. He needed to head the lesson of Icarus. Ultimately a man's integrity is all he has, and Armstrong has none.
Dave.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: