Enjoying your report. Nice, ride safe!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/212396922304662/
Nice_Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #137
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Lady Bug Invasion

Yesterday, and I had kind of forgotten about it, somewhere on the BRP I was in the middle of a lady bug invasion for want of a better term I never saw so many, they were thick. I tried to take a picture of the guy on a bike who stopped up the hill from me because his shirt was covered. That doesn't show up so well but you can see these guys are busy, escaping lady bugs.

Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:54 PM   #138
Kedgi OP
Banned

Tks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice_Rumble View Post
Enjoying your report. Nice, ride safe!
Thanks Nice Rumble,

Headed to Rome tomorrow. Rome Georgia and then I'm not sure, somewhere on the Gulf Coast, or at least headed that way. A few days camping and chillin at the beach sound good as long as I can stay west of the hurricane.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #139
Nice_Rumble
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,184
You should be OK on the Gulf Coast. It's the East Coast you want to avoid.

Don't mean to hijack your thread.

We were up your way in August. Went right through Shediac. We rode from Saint-Quentin through the interior to Blackville then out to the coast. Spent the night I think in Grand-Digue.

Stayed at this nice Inn right on the water.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/212396922304662/
Nice_Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #140
Jim-Mer
Slowing Down

Oddometer: 79
Ah, Rome GA, my hometown. Been about 35 years since I've lived there, but still a nice place, and it was a great place to grow up. The stretch between Chattannoga TN and Rome is lovely, US 27 is the primary route through there. Still have friends and relatives there, give me a shout out if you need anything when passing through.

Enjoying your report, had a '09 KLR that I still cannot explain why I sold! Great time to be riding through North GA!

Jim
Canton, OH
Jim-Mer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #141
Jim-Mer
Slowing Down

Oops, reply to wrong thread...my apologies!

Jim
Old 10-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #142
Jim-Mer
Slowing Down

DOH! Got it right after all, had too many windows open, Including maybe one in my brain. Enjoy NW GA, a fabulous place to ride this time of year.

Jim
Old 10-27-2012, 05:07 AM   #143
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-Mer View Post
DOH! Got it right after all, had too many windows open, Including maybe one in my brain. Enjoy NW GA, a fabulous place to ride this time of year.

Jim
I understand I almost did the same thing yesterday. Glad you're along for the ride.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:37 AM   #144
Kedgi OP
Banned

Laugh Gainesville GA to Dothan AL

I made some distance yesterday down to Dothan AL. I'm 90 miles from Panama City FL. When I left, Gainesville my entire plan was to avoid Atlanta. I did. I rode West, toward Rome GA before heading south on Rte 100. At some point I stopped for a coke in a small store on Rte 20 a had a great chat with the store's owner and other patrons, I only wish I had thought to take their pictures, really nice guys!

I crossed the path of the ride I made this Spring, from Key West To Shediac in the tiny town of Tallapaloosa, GA.

I saw a lot of Cotton growing. It is the first time I have seen it ready for harvest. You even see cotton balls lying on the side of the road. Not sure if they are blown out of the fields or off trucks carrying the harvest. All in all it is a nice ride in north Western Georgia and Eastern Alabama. I like that rte 100 in GA and CR 82 in AL

All along the ride I have seen Obama and Romney signs on lawns, cars etc, everywhere. Then I got to CR-82, a great road through rural eastern Alabama and these signs started popping up on lawns. I knew then I was officially a long way from Shediac, NB

When I got to Dothan, I found a room and checked my email and Angele had provided these great photos from home.

Liam and Melody, our neighbor, Sophie's kids who I miss seeing every day. Liam talked to me on Skype, when I called home and was concerned about the cost of my gas for riding so far away. Gas by the way is 82 cents a litre here and $1.29 a litre in New Brunswick. Part of Canada's "Free" Healthcare

and then, this second great picture of Bob and I keeping in touch by Skype. Bob wants to know when I'm coming home to give him a treat.

The forecast in Panama City Beach today is for "much cooler, dryer air" 80 degrees and sunny

When Angele and I passed through here 4 years ago it was opening day for Jimmy Buffett's new Margaritaville in Panama City Beach. We wanted to be among the first customers since we were passing by. Trouble was...... on radio Margaritaville they kept saying the new restaurant was in "Panama City" It's not, it's in Panama City Beach which we drove past. When we realized the location info was wrong we didn't double back because of a pending thunderstorm coming in off the Gulf and we wanted to get our trailer set up before the rain came.

Today, I am finally going to see the Panama City Beach Margaritaville, not that it's a big deal, but I want to see it, even if I am not among it's first customers. Can you tell I've been a Buffett fan since the 80's?
Old 10-27-2012, 05:44 AM   #145
Kedgi OP
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice_Rumble View Post
You should be OK on the Gulf Coast. It's the East Coast you want to avoid.

Don't mean to hijack your thread.

We were up your way in August. Went right through Shediac. We rode from Saint-Quentin through the interior to Blackville then out to the coast. Spent the night I think in Grand-Digue.

Stayed at this nice Inn right on the water.

Grand_Digue is 10 minutes from my place in Shediac and although I have never seen the water side of that Inn, I think it's one in Bouctouche, NB
Old 10-27-2012, 05:52 AM   #146
Kedgi OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-Mer View Post
Ah, Rome GA, my hometown. Been about 35 years since I've lived there, but still a nice place, and it was a great place to grow up. The stretch between Chattannoga TN and Rome is lovely, US 27 is the primary route through there. Still have friends and relatives there, give me a shout out if you need anything when passing through.

Enjoying your report, had a '09 KLR that I still cannot explain why I sold! Great time to be riding through North GA!

Jim
Canton, OH

I like that area around Rome, Canton down to Tallapoosa and I was directed through Cave Spring, GA, by the guys I met in the store on rte 20, on my way to rte 100, from rte 20. That looks like an awesome little town. I didn't stop to take pictures, I was trying to get south, but it does look inviting. I had a great ride through there. Perfect weather! A KLR is ideal on those Georgia back roads.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #147
ty.zardoz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Thumb

Fellow maritimer here, would love to be along for the ride... but will have to be happy with subbing to your thread... my day will come... been retired for 14 years.. but haven't got a suitable bike for such a trip. Perhaps I'll have something bigger for next summers adventures.

tyz
ty.zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #148
Toadride
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 810
You'll have to tell me about the Panama City area, Kedg. I am looking to put my feet up in a reasonably priced furnished studio for maybe a month but from what I am seeing down here in the Keys, it prolly won't be here. But, that coast looks inviting.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #149
motor-ray
FNG

Oddometer: 68
You're getting close to my neck of the woods. You have a meal on me if you stop in the Mandeville area on the way through. I also have a bike lift and garage available if you need to do any maintenance.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:16 AM   #150
novaboy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 499
Subscribed, fellow New Brunswicker here in Rothesay.

The Florida panhandle is probably the nicest, laid back part of the state, and it has the best beaches too.

Wishing you continued good luck on the ride.
https://www.youtube.com/user/fundypaddlesurf/videos
novaboy is offline   Reply With Quote