Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Americas
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 04:44 AM   #10456
Road Dust
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Decreto por el que se adiciona un segundo párrafo a la fracción VIII del artículo 5o. de la Ley de Caminos, Puentes y Autotransporte Federal
(DOF 18 de mayo de 2012)

Al margen un sello con el Escudo Nacional, que dice: Estados Unidos Mexicanos.- Presidencia
de la República.

FELIPE DE JESÚS CALDERÓN HINOJOSA, Presidente de los Estados Unidos Mexicanos, a sus habitantes sabed:
Que el Honorable Congreso de la Unión, se ha servido dirigirme el siguiente
DECRETO
"EL CONGRESO GENERAL DE LOS ESTADOS UNIDOS MEXICANOS, D E C R E T A:
SE ADICIONA UN SEGUNDO PÁRRAFO A LA FRACCIÓN VIII DEL ARTÍCULO 5o. DE LA LEY DE CAMINOS, PUENTES Y AUTOTRANSPORTE FEDERAL

Artículo Único.- Se adiciona un segundo párrafo a la fracción VIII del artículo 5o. de la Ley de Caminos, Puentes y Autotransporte Federal, para quedar como sigue:

Artículo 5o.- ...
I. a VII. ...
VIII. Establecer las bases generales de regulación tarifaria.
Las motocicletas deberán pagar el 50 por ciento del peaje que paguen los automóviles, y
IX. ...
TRANSITORIO

Único.- El presente Decreto entrará en vigor a los 180 días naturales siguientes a su publicación en el Diario Oficial de la Federación.

México, D. F., a 28 de marzo de 2012.- Sen. Jose Gonzalez Morfin, Presidente.- Dip. Guadalupe Acosta Naranjo, Presidente.- Sen. Martha Leticia Sosa Govea, Secretaria.- Dip. Gloria Romero León, Secretaria.- Rúbricas."

En cumplimiento de lo dispuesto por la fracción I del Artículo 89 de la Constitución Política de los Estados Unidos Mexicanos, y para su debida publicación y observancia, expido el presente Decreto en la Residencia del Poder Ejecutivo Federal, en la Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal, a catorce de mayo de dos mil doce.- Felipe de Jesús Calderón Hinojosa.- Rúbrica.- El Secretario de Gobernación, Alejandro Alfonso Poiré Romero.- Rúbrica.
Road Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #10457
Turkeycreek
Gringo Viejo

Oddometer: 855
So 180 days from May 18th (139th day of the year) makes it effective on Nov 14 (319th day.) Thanks for the info Road Dust. Now I can press the argument that 2 bikes cost less in gas and tolls than the Suburban.
Turkeycreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #10458
Road Dust
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Just posting what was sent to me. Have no idea if it is accurate or not. Should find out next month. I will be crossing the border on the 14th.
Road Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #10459
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,202
Surprise Party for Jimmex

Hey Jimmy

tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #10460
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,969
A few notes from FRANKENRIDE (today's outing with the Mystery Rider, a perfect storm of merriment).
First, we had no idea it was Jimmy of the Jimmy Ride's birthday, so we celebrated for him!
Second, the sun came up right around the time we saw just how clear it was going to be up on the Pico, today, crystal clear and watching the sun come up in the rear view mirror made it all the better.

Third, the Mystery Rider will likely not be asking Santa Claus for a train set this Christmas based on his opinion of certain modern railway vehicles.

Fourth, it was...wait for it....a drum roll please...totally...absolutely...Narco free! No relatives of Harley riders getting thrown out of airplanes by evil Federales, no blacked out pick ups and Hummers, no cowboy boots, and the only danger was uncannily avoided by the Mystery Rider when he managed to gently lay his GS1200 on its side almost directly in front of a group of Harley riders heading to Merida, and they didn't see a damn thing! Personally, I believe he did it as a show off move on purpose for the sole entertainment of the damn near 30 cars and trucks passing through the three toll lanes. Take a bow!

Disclaimer
Unlike the previous two outings, no animals were harmed, hassled, nor given psychological scarring during the day's events.
A first!

To get to the Pico you ride a crooked little road and you pay attention to the chalk outlines

Today's model is "The Mystery Rider' and he's wearing a genuine whale foreskin BMW Motorrad
Riding Suit with colour matched trousers and a leopard skin thong.
Sorry, too much information.
He is displaying the ADV Riders friendship salute!

I was reading a book by Ansel Adams and his best advice was to always look at what is behind you when
you are shooting something. Thank you Mr. Adams.

One of the things I really enjoy about riding is stopping and shooting the bull from time to time with whoever
is along on the ride. Oddly enough, the Mystery Rider and I have lived in the same city for almost 20 years
and spent hours every day for years at the same worksite and never got to know each other.
He attributes it to fate.
The truth is he was scarier when he was younger!
The above has nothing to do with the pic below, I just happened to snap it when we were talking.
We are headed for the ridge line/tree line on the skirt.

One of my favorite shots, I usually try to frame one of these every time I head up to the Pico.
It's been rather dark on the Pico lately, two climbers have been killed over the past two weekends.
Summitting it is not as easy as some might have you think.
A few of the routes to the summit are tricky so the climber folks say.
That's the Large Millimeter Telescope that looks like it is still undergoing repairs or something as it
has been in the same position with the crane beside it for awhile.

Good idea to take a leak before heading any farther, bad idea to do it when a couple of van loads
of visiting university students are passing by and taking pictures.
Is Modesty Safe?

Not a bad idea to know your limits and your tires limits up here.

Here's a shot below to give you some perspective. Where the clouds are is the Tehuipango area which is a
really good ride that spits you out down around Tehuacan if you do it right the long way. The short route
puts you out in Azumbilla above the lane changing highway above Acultzingo. Both are good rides and the
view from that mountain route towards el Pico is a good one, too.

Here's a pic for Bob Loblaw. Looks like they are building a hockey rink! The future home of the
Orizaba Mountaineers of the Mexican semi-pro league. In case anyone was wondering where the team
from "Slapshot" and the Hansen bros. ended up. They need a coach like Bob.
Playing in the "arbusto" leagues!

And now, a word from our sponsor! (Yes, Donny, your daughter got a mention while I was taking the picture).

And that was just the morning.

If someone has stumbled across this thread and wonders if Mexico is safe, this was a typical ride down here.
And there are lots more rides just like this one waiting for you all over Mexico.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #10461
MysteryRider
Laughing at danger

Oddometer: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Eakins, the old report was that tolls would be raised for all vehicles and then halved for bikes.
I have a call in to a Federal diputado's offfice to get the word on when. The latest speculation is
it will be in the new year when the new budget begins.

It's 4:30am and the Mystery Rider and I will be circling el Pico at dawn.

Bob, I think that product Trice posted is for Red Andsore and not Red Greene!
I have no idea what kind of wildlife the Mystery Rider will be playing Dr. Doolittle with today.

Well, I can attest that they got it half right.
The tolls have been raised. We just have to wait for the motorcycle part to go down.
MysteryRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #10462
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Yeah, but you get a discount for putting on a show for the toll booth workers.

You and Bob need to take that act on the road!
Old 10-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #10463
MysteryRider
Laughing at danger

Oddometer: 773
[QUOTE=MikeMike;19908457]Fourth, it was...wait for it....a drum roll please...totally...absolutely...Narco free! No relatives of Harley riders getting thrown out of airplanes by evil Federales, no blacked out pick ups and Hummers, no cowboy boots, and the only danger was uncannily avoided by the Mystery Rider when he managed to gently lay his GS1200 on its side almost directly in front of a group of Harley riders heading to Merida, and they didn't see a damn thing! Personally, I believe he did it as a show off move on purpose for the sole entertainment of the damn near 30 cars and trucks passing through the three toll lanes. Take a bow!

Mike: That´s because I programmed my GPS to avoid toll roads. detours, rain and drug cartels.

As far as my parking technique, Yes, I was showing off for the Harley riders. Bunch of posers, not one of them had a whale foreskin suit on. How do they ride like that????

Mike sez:
Disclaimer
Unlike the previous two outings, no animals were harmed, hassled, nor given psychological scarring during the day's events.
A first!

MysteryRider sez:
Yeah: It´s a bitch when the camera batteries go missing. Wonder what happened to them????

What´s this ADV Rider salute you are talking about? I´m alway like this when I don´t get my morning cup of coffee.
Also, Do you know exactly how hard it is to find a comfortable thong for a guy of my size?

Damn! I thought it was a new community swimming pool.

All in all a great day! Good friends, good riding in excellent country and no incidents! Well, except for when I was teaching Old Yeller to sit in front of the Pirate gang.
There is nothing better than watching the sun come up from the seat of a motorcycle knowing that you have a whole day of awesome riding ahead of you.
MysteryRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #10464
dwj - Donnie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,181
I will be leaving from Esuintla, MX tomorrow and going to Mexico City. I will arrive Sunday morning and want to stay in the Historic El Centro. Any recommendations on good cheap hotels with secure parking for my moto. Plus any advise on things to see? I will be there about a week. Thanks!
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #10465
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Oddometer: 1,340
Coach of the Orizaba Mountaineers Hockey Club I'm on it like bird shit on a shiny car. OK Fellas remember, keep your stick on the ice
Old 10-27-2012, 05:14 AM   #10466
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Did you notice the boards are made of cement?
I think Gordie "Elbows" Howe and John "5 minutes for fighting" Ferguson used to
dream of putting someone into something like that.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #10467
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Mariachi Rock-O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8dSo...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG0jp...eature=related

While there, check out anything by Metalachi. And take your sombrero off before you bang your head.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:43 AM   #10468
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,216

Gracias a todos por sus buenos deseos. La vida esta realmente empezando.
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #10469
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Oddometer: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Did you notice the boards are made of cement?
I think Gordie "Elbows" Howe and John "5 minutes for fighting" Ferguson used to
dream of putting someone into something like that.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:38 AM   #10470
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwj - Donnie View Post
I will be leaving from Esuintla, MX tomorrow and going to Mexico City. I will arrive Sunday morning and want to stay in the Historic El Centro. Any recommendations on good cheap hotels with secure parking for my moto. Plus any advise on things to see? I will be there about a week. Thanks!
Donnie,
If you haven't left yet I can strongly recommend the Holiday Inn Zocalo. Right on the corner of the ...zocalo and right across from the Cathedral. Suerte.
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote