what muffs model ?
Mika_AT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:03 AM   #11732
lukasteam
Life is beautiful !!!

Oddometer: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouck View Post
Wow, I'm surprised at that. Good information to have as I toil away on my RD03 restoration...
I wonder if African Queens tanks are any different?
I think African Queens tanks are better quality . Here's the link with the picture of African Queens tank , just scroll down :

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/africa-...win-tanks.html

You can compare AQ and my Boano tank photos and see the difference in finish and quality. It's so much sanding and filling has to be done to match the sides so left and right looks even and before painting Boano tank, it's not even funny!!! Fiberglass cloth sticking out in some places . Who ever made a mold for this tank never took the stickers of the original that was used as a mold making dummy tank, so there's prints of that and etc. I would never put my name on a product like this , but it's just me. I heard the guys that bought the rally fairings from Boano said that a lot of work is needed to fit it right and prep it for painting. I hope my tank won't leak , I'm still waiting for the inner coating to dry , because when I received it the tank inside was still wet . Brackets to attach the side plastics don't line up and I can keep going...
The idea itself is good , an independent dual tank that's robust and light. If you crash badly in the middle of nowhere and crack one side , you can still limp to civilization on half the tank.
If it was "Made in USA" tank of this quality delivered to my door, I would have returned it the same day and cursed the seller out over the phone.
I'll let you know if it's leaking or not in couple off days after I fill it up .
Old 10-26-2012, 04:17 AM   #11733
iswoolley OP
Restless traveller

Oddometer: 194
Eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasteam View Post
...I heard the guys that bought the rally fairings from Boano said that a lot of work is needed to fit it right and prep it for painting...
I've had a suspension kit from Boano, and the variation in quality is staggering. The CNC milled yokes are beautiful, whereas the fibreglass fender was terrible and I never got it to fit, let alone look good. Also the kit is promoted as a 'bolt on', but doesn't have several critical parts. I would hesitate to buy from them again.

Iain (2002 RD07A)
Old 10-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #11734
ericGSsti
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika_AT View Post
what muffs model ?
Their called tucano urbano. Model manople R319

Here a link to them, the fit over the standard hand gaurds perfectly.

http://palmersmotorcycles.co.uk/shop...n_item348.html
"In the spirit of adventure, open to all riders and carrying a message of friendship between all men"- Thierry Sabine 1977 founder of the Paris Dakar -

ericGSsti screwed with this post 10-26-2012 at 02:38 PM
ericGSsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #11735
al bowlly
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
frustration

I've been struggling to get my AT back on the road for far too long. It's a 1998 model with only 18000km. The problem started with a bit of lag around 5000 rpms. I changed to a facet fuel pump and started having issues with the bike seemingly running out of gas when it had plenty. I have had it to the local Honda shop to have the carbs cleaned, to an independent mechanic who cleaned the tank and carbs (replaced a cracked jet from the honda shop visit). It runs great for anywhere from 10 to 25 miles then has the fuel starved symptoms. Every time it will recrank and run for a few miles before doing it again. I have also replaced the facet with another and also replaced the fuel pump relay and also have bypassed the relay. I've pretty much eliminated fuel related issues so I guess it's on to the electrical systems. Anyone have similar issues?

al bowlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #11736
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really

Oddometer: 4,924
Could be spark

Some bikes (notably Goldwings) have had problems with their ignition pickup sensors.

When the oil heats up one (or both...there are 2 in that model AT IIRC)ignition sensor fails. Once the bike cools a bit it works again. Frustrating to diagnose and hunt down for obvious reasons. This MAY be your problem.

Or you could just sell the bike (dibs !)
Ladder106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #11737
al bowlly
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder106 View Post
Some bikes (notably Goldwings) have had problems with their ignition pickup sensors.

When the oil heats up one (or both...there are 2 in that model AT IIRC)ignition sensor fails. Once the bike cools a bit it works again. Frustrating to diagnose and hunt down for obvious reasons. This MAY be your problem.

Or you could just sell the bike (dibs !)
LOL

Interesting. I will definitely look into that. My fear has been that the symptoms are a result of a bad CDI unit.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #11738
Squily
Squily

Oddometer: 1,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by al bowlly View Post
LOL

Interesting. I will definitely look into that. My fear has been that the symptoms are a result of a bad CDI unit.

Check whether your breather pipes on the AT are routed correctly and open. A vcauum lock in the tanks (due to a blocked breather hose) will also cause that. Easiest way- when she stalls- unlock the fuel cap- if it goes pfffttt- you've got vacuum issues.

Squily
Squily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #11739
diskow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
Quote:
I've been struggling to get my AT back on the road for far too long. It's a 1998 model with only 18000km. The problem started with a bit of lag around 5000 rpms. I changed to a facet fuel pump and started having issues with the bike seemingly running out of gas when it had plenty. I have had it to the local Honda shop to have the carbs cleaned, to an independent mechanic who cleaned the tank and carbs (replaced a cracked jet from the honda shop visit). It runs great for anywhere from 10 to 25 miles then has the fuel starved symptoms. Every time it will recrank and run for a few miles before doing it again. I have also replaced the facet with another and also replaced the fuel pump relay and also have bypassed the relay. I've pretty much eliminated fuel related issues so I guess it's on to the electrical systems. Anyone have similar issues?
I had!
After my Tunisia Trip

I cleaned the tank completely
I cleaned small Tank filter inside the fuel tank
I cleaned my Mikuni fuel pump

everything was the same

Than I changed my Fuel Filter "again after the trip" and the problem stopped immediately.
Now after 5000km never occurred again.

so my problem was Fuel Filter.
Replace one.
diskow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:07 AM   #11740
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb

Oddometer: 1,496
Owners in Germany

Any AT owners in Germany that could look at a bike for me. Send me a PM Thanks
Old 10-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #11741
GSPD750
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,429
Quote:
Check the airbox rubbers to the carbs and make sure they are secure and have not popped off due to overtightening of the clamps. Never torque them tight like an ordinary hose clamp or you will not get a proper seal.
You could also check for a vacum leak from the 2 sources above the carbs where you would tap in to source a Scott Oiler or a previous vacum fuel pump.
Choke plungers working correctly? You have 12 volts at the pump I'm assuming when it's running?
Old 10-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #11742
Reidy008
I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer: 2,073
Same problem

I had the same problem and it was a blocked fuel filter between the petcock and the fuel pump.
Reidy008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #11743
RiderMakis
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Parts list & manuals

Might be useful

HAYNES REPAIR MANUAL
HONDA XRV750 P 1993-1995 WORKSHOP MANUAL
HONDA XRV750 T 1996-2002 WORKSHOP MANUAL
PARTS LIST XRV650 K
PARTS LIST XRV750 N
PARTS LIST XRV750 S
PARTS LIST XRV750 T
P
ARTS LIST XRV750 Y

RiderMakis screwed with this post 11-28-2012 at 04:16 AM
RiderMakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #11744
GSPD750
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy008 View Post
I had the same problem and it was a blocked fuel filter between the petcock and the fuel pump.
It's quite possible. It's always something simple that fixes it in the end...well most of the time.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #11745
al bowlly
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPD750 View Post
It's quite possible. It's always something simple that fixes it in the end...well most of the time.
I can only hope. Thanks for the suggestions.