Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #48196
ShooterDave
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by techforlife View Post
there is a house right next door for rent Dave,just sayin.

B

They didn't like me or let me in the third and fourth time I tried 3 years ago. What do you think they will say if I try to MOVE there???

Actually when I do move, I'll probably move to Utah, Colorado, Idaho, or Wyoming. My girl and I don't much like California, and we are both mountain people. We both pretty much want to move to the same states. She has her horses and I have my dirt bikes. Luckily both require open spaces, no compromising.

ShooterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:48 PM   #48197
ShooterDave
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
I would suspect that it would never really matter unless you got into a wreck. Then you might get phucked.
I can see it now..... "You didn't have DOT approved tires, so the accident is your fault. If you had DOT tires, you would have been able to avoid it."

Or....

"Well its the other persons fault, but since you aren't legit. It will all fall on you."

Either way I don't think it would matter if you got in a wreck. When that lady cut in front of me and made me T-bone her, nothing was ever said about my tires. Granted I had D606's that are DOT approved, but what ever.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #48198
super samurai
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
I am not sure what he means? I have gotten all kinds of awsome info. On this thread! The knowledgable contributors on here are more then helpfull! And i appreciate them greatly and hope for the same when i bring some tech. If any to someone else. Could be troll??
Old 10-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #48199
ShooterDave
Adventurer

He is a troll. As you can see he hasn't been back to respond to any of our comments.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #48200
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,265
If cyclewizard agrees with us, I think were on the right track.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #48201
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterDave View Post
I can see it now..... "You didn't have DOT approved tires, so the accident is your fault. If you had DOT tires, you would have been able to avoid it."

Or....

"Well its the other persons fault, but since you aren't legit. It will all fall on you."

Either way I don't think it would matter if you got in a wreck. When that lady cut in front of me and made me T-bone her, nothing was ever said about my tires. Granted I had D606's that are DOT approved, but what ever.
If her attorney had been a slime and known what he was doing, he could have brought up that point and muddied the waters.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #48202
Sierra Thumper
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 641
Quote:
There are states that require inspection? I live in Stupfornistan and we don't have inspections here, cept for when you leave the dealership. But if its at the dealership its in DOT form anyways. You would think that if they required inspections anywhere, it would be here.

I'm curious as to what these inspections are like. Anyone want to explain?
I think its mainly back east that they have inspections.....I'm a west-coaster as well, never seen a bike inspection before
Hell it was ridiculously easy for me to get my XR500R street legal here in nevada, got it inspected with full on knobbies and had a plate on it within minutes
Old 10-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #48203
Idaho_XR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Thumper View Post
I also own a turbo zx14, a hayabusa, and a drag set-up gsxr-1100.....but I have the most fun by far on my xrl
I just love the places it can take me, and enjoy the heck outta riding it
If I could only keep one bike it would be the one......although I might be tempted to turbocharge it
Dude, you need a job in the Honda marketing department, and I mean that in a good way as I agree with most of what you say. XR love is good thing.
Idaho_XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #48204
Idaho_XR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 253
Quote:
He is a troll. As you can see he hasn't been back to respond to any of our comments.
According to his profile, he is a Hardley rider, so his posts are irrelevant.
Idaho_XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #48205
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Oddometer: 1,490
So... maybe third time's the charm.

Anyone know if the internals are different between a XRL muffler and a 600R muffler?

Quote:
They didn't like me or let me in the third and fourth time I tried 3 years ago. What do you think they will say if I try to MOVE there???

Actually when I do move, I'll probably move to Utah, Colorado, Idaho, or Wyoming. My girl and I don't much like California, and we are both mountain people. We both pretty much want to move to the same states. She has her horses and I have my dirt bikes. Luckily both require open spaces, no compromising.
The east side of Oregon is quite nice, lots of public land and open space. I imported my wife from SoCal and she loves it up here!
Ooh-Rah! Once a Marine, always a Marine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over
Mossy-Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #48206
screamin injin
FUBAR

Oddometer: 2,506
Quote:
There are states that require inspection? I live in Stupfornistan and we don't have inspections here, cept for when you leave the dealership. But if its at the dealership its in DOT form anyways. You would think that if they required inspections anywhere, it would be here.

I'm curious as to what these inspections are like. Anyone want to explain?
I guess they just care about emissions out there.
Virginia requires inspections for all on-road vehicles. They look at stuff like, lights, brakes, tires, horn..... I've had some non DOT tires and nobody caught it. The only thing I noticed about the non DOT's are they don't seem to brake as well on wet pavement.
screamin injin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #48207
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Falcon View Post

Anyone know if the internals are different between a XRL muffler and a 600R muffler?...
I'm not ignoring you, Falcon. I don't know the answer.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #48208
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Falcon View Post

Anyone know if the internals are different between a XRL muffler and a 600R muffler?
The XR600R muffer is shorter and rated about 6-8db louder with a removable tip IIRC. So something must be different.

MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #48209
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,326
Quote:

Come on out... plenty of room here. Just keep the California thing to yourself I'll keep your secret safe
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #48210
ShooterDave
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho_XR View Post
According to his profile, he is a Hardley rider, so his posts are irrelevant.
Yup, pretty much.