Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #48211
ShooterDave
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpnRed View Post
Come on out... plenty of room here. Just keep the California thing to yourself I'll keep your secret safe
Well sir once I leave Calisuckistan, I don't plan on ever coming back. The only reasons I'd come back would be to visit family, or if work or something ever demanded it. No matter where I move I'm sure I will love it more than here. I'm sure I'll even go riding with some of the local ADV'ers. Who knows, maybe make a trip out to visit you and ride.

ShooterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #48212
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterDave View Post
Well sir once I leave Calisuckistan, I don't plan on ever coming back. The only reasons I'd come back would be to visit family, or if work or something ever demanded it. No matter where I move I'm sure I will love it more than here. I'm sure I'll even go riding with some of the local ADV'ers. Who knows, maybe make a trip out to visit you and ride.
You missed us on your last adventure.
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:28 PM   #48213
ID XR600
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
In those states that require DOT knobby tires, has anyone ever been ticketed for riding with a non-DOT tire? Has anyone even heard of someone who was ticketed for for riding with a non-DOT knobby tire? If your state requires DOT tires for inspection, why not install a cheap DOT tire for the inspection, then put a good, non-DOT knobby tire on the bike afterwards.

Spud
Spud I like to guess where you are in your pictures. Is this on a ridge looking into the Bancroft/Chesterfield valley?
Old 10-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #48214
ID XR600
Gnarly Adventurer

EnduroCross

No XRLs entered. Red?
Old 10-28-2012, 12:16 AM   #48215
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by ID XR600 View Post
Spud I like to guess where you are in your pictures. Is this on a ridge looking into the Bancroft/Chesterfield valley?
You're very close. I'm south of there, overlooking Grace.

The last time I was up there, I had to go around several windfalls coming back down.

The mountain trails are covered in snow; winter will be here very soon. However, I shouldn't complain. We had a very long, wonderful riding season this year.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil

Spud Rider screwed with this post 10-28-2012 at 12:25 AM
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:01 AM   #48216
cyclewizard
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederer View Post
I didn't point the finger at any particular individual, but you seem to feel you're included in a general statement.
Your post is a fine example of the attitude that has become prevalent here. The threatening behavior while on the other side of a computer monitor is one reason I don't post much on here or TT anymore, because I'm not going to get into an online argument with some loud mouth who doesn't care to be rational.
I really don't remember having any problem with you, ever, and though some of the things you brought here are useful, I won't soon forget your attitude now.
All of the childish responses go a long way in showing the character of people on here. A lot of the spelling and sentence structure is terrible too.

You never have anything positive to add to the thread so you're not some victim you're a volunteer...
Why can't you contribute to the forum instead of bashing us all here?

Powered by CW-Pistons/cams
Wizard manufacturing....
cyclewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:49 AM   #48217
katbeanz
earthbound misfit, I

Oddometer: 7,423
Ignore button. Nice work on the oem muffler, and no need to repack.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:42 AM   #48218
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederer View Post
I didn't point the finger at any particular individual, but you seem to feel you're included in a general statement.
Your post is a fine example of the attitude that has become prevalent here. The threatening behavior while on the other side of a computer monitor is one reason I don't post much on here or TT anymore, because I'm not going to get into an online argument with some loud mouth who doesn't care to be rational.
I really don't remember having any problem with you, ever, and though some of the things you brought here are useful, I won't soon forget your attitude now.
All of the childish responses go a long way in showing the character of people on here. A lot of the spelling and sentence structure is terrible too.

Nope,,wrong........you come on here insult the population then run away ,i`ve seen you do this 1000 times,,you are acting like a troll.....it`s rare to see you add anything to the forums,you did years ago..,i`ve never had a problem with you either,,but get tired of your insulting nature,,,if you think coming on a forum and insulting people is appreciated,,you are wrong..just back off the insults,,people might appreciate what you can add...

Not sure what you expect,,,,,,,you insult,you get it back........suck it up..

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer

techforlife screwed with this post 10-28-2012 at 09:11 AM
techforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #48219
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Yea... domestic chores have had me anchored to the house all weekend. You're killing me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ID XR600 View Post

No XRLs entered. Red?
Old 10-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #48220
ShooterDave
Adventurer

Quote:
You missed us on your last adventure.
Unfortunately Things didn't work out that way. That doesn't mean I wouldn't have liked to haven given the opportunity.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #48221
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Your trip was inspiring. Folks like you who can say "screw it" and do stuff like that have always fascinated me. I am too much of a planner to just take off and go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterDave View Post
Unfortunately Things didn't work out that way. That doesn't mean I wouldn't have liked to haven given the opportunity.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #48222
ID XR600
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
You're very close. I'm south of there, overlooking Grace.

The mountain trails are covered in snow; winter will be here very soon. However, I shouldn't complain. We had a very long, wonderful riding season this year.

Spud

Ahhha. OK near Soda Peak? I hope to get some riding in over there next summer.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #48223
ShooterDave
Adventurer

Quote:
Your trip was inspiring. Folks like you who can say "screw it" and do stuff like that have always fascinated me. I am too much of a planner to just take off and go.
Ya, my girl hasn't quite gotten the hang of "come on lets go, we'll just make it up as we ride". We took a weekend trip a few weeks ago and there wasn't much room for the whole "just go" thing. We only did 520 miles, I did make up the camping place, on the spot. She thought that was pretty cool. Hopefully soon we will do another trip thats longer. The four day one got postponed a bit.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #48224
super samurai
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
so i was looking at all the fmf mufflers on ebay and wandered??!!
there is the q4
there is the power core 4
and one other i cant keep them straight anymore!

the power core 4 is only like $250
the others are like $350!

so which is the one most xrl owners use? the $250 one is in my price range but wander if it is the right one for my bike.
i like the stock one just lookin to shed a little weight.
i would mod mine if i knew exactly what to do to it. i have the tools just not exactly which parts to modify.
thanks
Old 10-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #48225
mcma111
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,193
I have the FMF Power Core 4 on my daughters bike. I wasn't worried about the noise not being a Q4. It has a bit of a bark when you get on it. Not bad really.

BMW's
58 R26
79 R100s
91 R100gs

87 Harley FXRS-SP ~ 06 KTM 625 SMC ~ 72 Honda CB750/915cc ~ 92 XR600/654cc ~ 95 XR650l/675cc ~ 03 CRF450r ~ 05 CRF450x ~ 02 XR650l/675cc ~ 86 YZ490 ~ 93 YZ80 ~ 93 XR650l Project
mcma111 is offline   Reply With Quote