Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #24436
Stroker Ace
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by southy View Post
Sweet looking bike but looks to me more like in the range of the KTM500EXC or Husky TE511, big arse enduro bikes with high revving over square high maintenance engines. Doesn't look like it will do long K's well. My TE610 is happy sitting at highway speeds all day long if I wish or the need arises. What sort of oil capacity does the Beta have? How hard is it reving at 100kph? Looking at specs less than 7.9L fuel capacity, not going to get far on that.

This is an awesome bike and I'd love to have one in the shed (In fact the new Beta 300 2T would be a nice replacement for my ageing RMX) but for me this is in a different class to the TE610/630, KTM690 range.

2qts oil, one in the motor and one in the trans. the trans. is seperate so you don't get any cross contamination. They offer a bigger tank from the factory. They also offer "Build your own bike" with some 40different options including suspension valving, spring rates to suit your own weight, gearing and a bunch of other stuff!!!! I've never heard of any company doing that. One of the magazines rode a 520 from LA. to Vegas, raced a big desert race, PLACED, then rode it home!!!! That's not bad......
Stroker Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #24437
Xcuvator
Justa Venturer

Oddometer: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker Ace View Post
2qts oil, one in the motor and one in the trans. the trans. is seperate so you don't get any cross contamination. They offer a bigger tank from the factory. They also offer "Build your own bike" with some 40different options including suspension valving, spring rates to suit your own weight, gearing and a bunch of other stuff!!!! I've never heard of any company doing that. One of the magazines rode a 520 from LA. to Vegas, raced a big desert race, PLACED, then rode it home!!!! That's not bad......
Looks very nice, George at Uptite let the Husky brand go for Beta, so they couldn't be too bad. He's all excited over them.

So much riding-so little time
Xcuvator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:01 AM   #24438
stujamur
Havin the craic

Oddometer: 1,119
Clutch cush reatining nut size

Hi all ,

Need to remove the clutch cush tomorrow and want to make sure i have the right socket size , my set only goes to 24mm , i also have a 30mm and bought a 38mm for cs nut ..

What size is the clutch reatining nut ??

Cheers stu
Old 10-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #24439
KIK ROX
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Pretty sure its a 27mm.
KIK ROX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #24440
stujamur
Havin the craic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIK ROX View Post
Pretty sure its a 27mm.
Thanks mate ,, anyone else confirm this ??
Old 10-30-2012, 02:11 AM   #24441
StolenFant
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Yes, 27mm for sure. Also, engage 2nd gear and put a long bar through spokes and sprocket to hold shaft still while you apply steady pressure with another long breaker bar will make removal/retorque easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stujamur View Post
Thanks mate ,, anyone else confirm this ??
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:44 AM   #24442
SilverBullet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by southy View Post
Sweet looking bike but looks to me more like in the range of the KTM500EXC or Husky TE511, big arse enduro bikes with high revving over square high maintenance engines. Doesn't look like it will do long K's well...
Exactly, nice plated dirt bike but not a dual sport. Lofty price tag and still no fuel injection? Now some will chime in that they prefer carb'd bikes still but really FI is now and the future. Why a manufacturer in 2013 would hold back from this says something about their technology to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker Ace View Post
2qts oil, one in the motor and one in the trans. the trans. is seperate so you don't get any cross contamination..
Actually only 800ml each side or 27 ounces. That's not much engine oil so I'd suspect oil changes every 1,000 miles or less. The split crankcase system didn't work out so great for KTM, I hope Beta did a better job with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcuvator View Post
Looks very nice, George at Uptite let the Husky brand go for Beta, so they couldn't be too bad. He's all excited over them.
Not really how it went down but nevertheless he is selling them. That's a big plus for Beta owners.

_
1974 Suzuki TM400
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:20 AM   #24443
mvmac2
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Stator

I need to remove the stator from my 06 TE610. Can anybody tell me if I need any special tool to do this? Thanks!
mvmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:56 PM   #24444
reimorei
Brazillian Adventure

Oddometer: 7
Wanna Buy a TE610 in Brazil, but need advice

Hi folks! I´m looking for a dual-purpose bike here in Brazil and my choices narrowed to the Yamaha XT 660R or a Husky TE610. The Yamaha, I think, is more road oriented then the Husky but as I´m a former enduro rider here (used to have WR 450, KTM 200, KTM 250, etc..) I think I´ll have more fun with the Husky in off road sections and bad Jeep roads, although I´ll need to use the bike also on the street, but only for comuting to work, about 5 to 10 miles a day.
For the same Year-model, the Husky costs 25% less then the Yamaha, and this is because the Husky importer here went out of businness and we have replacement parts problems, whereas Yamaha is solid here for more then 40 yrs, and the XT 660R is built in Brazil, and as it´s much more popular it´s resale is also better.
I´ve heard of some XT660R putting more than 100k miles before a major engine rebuild.
What can I expect from a TE610 before a rebuild? I´m aware of the cam chain problem.
The TE610 weighs around 100 lbs less than the Yamaha (306 vs 400) and have 5hp more.
I can find a 2008 TE610 here with the odo as low as 3.000 miles for 75% the price of 2008 XT660 averaging 15.000 miles.
Can I live with the TE610 in the streets on a daily basis? I´m 5´6 tall, would have to lower the bike?
I can import parts if needed from USA, only have to wait more.
Thanks in advance for the advices
reimorei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #24445
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,446
At 66 inches the TE is going to be pretty doggone tall to you in stock form.

However, it'll easily handle your daily riding and give you a much better off pavement thrill.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #24446
speedygee68
dirt eater

Oddometer: 218
seat height

Can I live with the TE610 in the streets on a daily basis? I´m 5´6 tall, would have to lower the bike?
Thanks in advance for the advices[/QUOTE]

The stock seat feels like a brick with an old T shirt wrapped around it. I changed it out for a 'Seat Customs' model, which made the seat height even higher. I'm 5'9 and it's just a little too high for me. Here (in Southern California), you can lower it the cheap ass way for about $250. I chose to go with a reputable suspension company and it's gonna run me about $800. I haven't lowered it yet. But this bike is awesome going up steep rocky hills or flat sand washes. It kicks ass. Good luck.
speedygee68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:42 AM   #24447
Taranis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Cafe racer

Google finds the weirdest stuff.

http://crossedpurpose.lincolnblack.c...sqvarna-te610/
Old 11-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #24448
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
That is so completely baddass.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:20 AM   #24449
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygee68 View Post
Thanks in advance for the advices
The stock seat feels like a brick with an old T shirt wrapped around it. I changed it out for a 'Seat Customs' model, which made the seat height even higher. I'm 5'9 and it's just a little too high for me. Here (in Southern California), you can lower it the cheap ass way for about $250. I chose to go with a reputable suspension company and it's gonna run me about $800. I haven't lowered it yet. But this bike is awesome going up steep rocky hills or flat sand washes. It kicks ass. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Did you look at Seat Concepts seat? It will lower the bike an inch and costs $150 shipped and you install on OEM seat pan.
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #24450
stujamur
Havin the craic

Rack / soft luggage options !!!

I want to set up with soft luggage and then be able to strap a 70cm wide mat and tent across the back .

I know dirt bagz are great but think the panniers wont suit in the the tight stuff i ride, and couldn't be bothered taking then on and of pending rides .

So thoughts so far are

1. Kriega overlander 30 and strap matt and tent across top . With rack?
2 . Giant loop coyote ( but i dont have passenger pegs so not sure on tie down points ) .

So with these options could or should i use a rack ? If so which one .. It would also be nice to have the rack on there for spares on day trips .

Some advice would be great thanks ..