Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 01:59 AM   #76
Arek Kontrol
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 253
It's been a week! Are you on some sort of holiday or something?

I live more in 5 minutes on my motorcycle than some people live in a lifetime...
Arek Kontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #77
Irishrover63
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Does anyone know if Marta is ok, does seem rather strange that she has made no more updates?
Irishrover63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #78
Marta-GS OP
Discovering the world

Oddometer: 149
Sorry!!!

Safe and sound, no worries at all.
I'm so sorry for not having posted in a while, but been sooo busy!
Time flies and have no time for sitting and working on the pics and the RR, I'm not happ with myself for this...

Very quick summary of these last days (will expand the RR once back home, promise!):

Spend some very nice days in Andalusia, visiting provinces randomly trying to avoid rainy patches. Was loving it so much, that at some point decided to spend all the remaining of my holidays there. But then some strong rains came and decided I didn't want to be caught in any flooding (even if little) so started going north.

Took me about 3 days to get to Galicia (north west tip of Spain) and spent about 3 days there, one of them in Santiago de Compostela. Rita and I felt a bit like pilgrims!

Now I am on my way back home (Catalonia, north east of the Peninsula). Today slept in Ribadesella, Asturias. I'm seeing the sea from my hotel room. Pretty! But it's freezing cold! There's some kind of polar air current on top of north Spain and temperatures have sunk! These last 2 nights have been the coldest nights of this autumn and there's some snow in Picos de Europa and the Pyreenes. Think won't be doing many mountain passes these last days!

And just a little pic to proof I'm ok!

Old 11-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #79
Big Daddy D
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Well?
Big Daddy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:36 AM   #80
Marta-GS OP
Discovering the world

Oddometer: 149
Apologies!

Apologies, I know it's been a long time...

This trip to Spain ended well, I apologize for not having come back to this ride report sooner. A combination of (1) several family serious health problems and (2) work overload hasn't allowed me much time these last months neither for riding nor for sharing ride reports...

Family health issues started to improve recently, so started planning for new rides (had to chose: whether plan for something new, or report on something 'old' -> decided to start planning for something new ).

At some point I'll come back to this report and finish it. Don't know when, but will do. Now just wanted to provide a signal and an apology.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:04 PM   #81
Irishrover63
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marta-GS View Post
Apologies, I know it's been a long time...

This trip to Spain ended well, I apologize for not having come back to this ride report sooner. A combination of (1) several family serious health problems and (2) work overload hasn't allowed me much time these last months neither for riding nor for sharing ride reports...

Family health issues started to improve recently, so started planning for new rides (had to chose: whether plan for something new, or report on something 'old' -> decided to start planning for something new ).

At some point I'll come back to this report and finish it. Don't know when, but will do. Now just wanted to provide a signal and an apology.
Glad to hear all is well with you and your family. I will be renting a bike in Malaga the first week in June and will be touring Andalusia for a week.
Irishrover63 is offline   Reply With Quote