ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 09:07 AM   #226
Geek OP
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft.
Oddometer: 30,634
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #227
CamelBill
Ride It!
 
CamelBill's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: St. Chuck, Mizery
Oddometer: 499
You are doing it to us again . . .

Making those of us unlucky enough to be currently living ANYWHERE other than Colorada jealous

But, keep em coming
__________________
Camel
KTM 1190R, 950S, 500XC-W
FJR, Wing
CO Single Track RR http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post24875020
CamelBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #228
Wentjo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Wentjo's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Lakewood, CO
Oddometer: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Is that out near Mineral Point area?
Wentjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #229
rtadlock
Beastly Adventurer
 
rtadlock's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 1,239
Just got back from Fruita/Moab/Grand Junction. Had a blast:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Pretty big drop

Took me a day or so to get used to the extra power at 3k feet... :)
rtadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #230
SteveO
Huh???
 
SteveO's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Land of Disenchantment
Oddometer: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Here is the video from last night...



Zimzooma was filming on his 500 EXC and I'm the wookie in the blue jacket on the 500 XC-W. This is actually a little more open than I normally ride.


Looks like fun. Night riding is definitely more challenging...... Need more lights....
__________________
.................................................. ....................................
NMOHVA.ORG - Help to keep your trails open!

Life is a mist in the wind, here today and gone tomorrow; know who you are and where you are going after you pass through death's door.
SteveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #231
CamelBill
Ride It!
 
CamelBill's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: St. Chuck, Mizery
Oddometer: 499
Owners manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
Just picked up a '13 500EXC yesterday and guess what, no owner's manual came with the bike. Apparently "backordered".
It is a free download on the KTM website ktm.com/us
Just go to your model and choose downloads
__________________
Camel
KTM 1190R, 950S, 500XC-W
FJR, Wing
CO Single Track RR http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post24875020
CamelBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #232
CamelBill
Ride It!
 
CamelBill's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: St. Chuck, Mizery
Oddometer: 499
Radiator Fan not kicking on

Anyone else had issues wih the radiator fan not kicking on? It is a 2103 500XC-W, and it is getting hot on the tight single track, but the fan never kicks on. Any ideas on first places to look other than a fuse? Thanks
__________________
Camel
KTM 1190R, 950S, 500XC-W
FJR, Wing
CO Single Track RR http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post24875020
CamelBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #233
ram350
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelBill View Post
Anyone else had issues wih the radiator fan not kicking on? It is a 2103 500XC-W, and it is getting hot on the tight single track, but the fan never kicks on. Any ideas on first places to look other than a fuse? Thanks
Happened to me on my EXC and it was the thermo switch in the rad that wasn't working. Replaced under warranty and now works fine. You can double check the fan by connecting the two wires at the switch and the fan should run
ram350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #234
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids
 
unaweep's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Western Colorado
Oddometer: 18,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelBill View Post
Anyone else had issues wih the radiator fan not kicking on? It is a 2103 500XC-W, and it is getting hot on the tight single track, but the fan never kicks on. Any ideas on first places to look other than a fuse? Thanks
Yep. Thermo switch is out on my '12 500.
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:48 AM   #235
woodzrider
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Choctaw, Okla., anywhere I happen to be
Oddometer: 575
Question

Not to hijack thread but in your first few photos, I see 3 HAAS mills.......What kind of parts do you make?

Robert

BTW, I'm Going today to put a deposit down on a new XC-W 500 so I'm following this thread very closely. But in OK , I have to install turn sigs as well.
__________________
Woodzrider AKA vetracer1
"If it can't kill ya-it's not a sport"......It ALMOST killed me tho.....
Check out my crash report:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=500314
Baja report http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=641219
woodzrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #236
trailjammer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
trailjammer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Oddometer: 345
Nice Moab pictures! That's awesome! That place is on my list to visit soon and ride a lot. I think the KTM Rally is in that area next year? hmmm :)
Thought some of you guys might want to see this....pictured on a 500 exc 2012.


__________________
TRAILJAMMER DESIGNS -KTM/Berg/YAMAHA PROTECTION! www.facebook.com/trailjammer408
www.trailjammerdesigns.com
trailjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #237
c.vestal
Rally On
 
c.vestal's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: COS
Oddometer: 4,851
I just put a big dent in my cover. Curious to some details of that. Is that something we can purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailjammer View Post
Nice Moab pictures! That's awesome! That place is on my list to visit soon and ride a lot. I think the KTM Rally is in that area next year? hmmm :)
Thought some of you guys might want to see this....pictured on a 500 exc 2012.


c.vestal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:50 PM   #238
trailjammer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
trailjammer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.vestal View Post
I just put a big dent in my cover. Curious to some details of that. Is that something we can purchase?
Hi C.Vestal! It's handmade of an aluminum alloy that's very light and strong. Yes, you can purchase these. Check them out in the vendors thread. http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839454
Thanks!
__________________
TRAILJAMMER DESIGNS -KTM/Berg/YAMAHA PROTECTION! www.facebook.com/trailjammer408
www.trailjammerdesigns.com
trailjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:56 AM   #239
rtadlock
Beastly Adventurer
 
rtadlock's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 1,239
Is it my imagination, or is there no way to turn on the "high beam" on the xcw? Two nights ago I commuted to work on the bike, and on the way home I had to ride in the dark. The light is so dim, I couldn't really ride by it, and I'm not even sure it could be used as a sufficient running light. I pulled off to have a look as I figured it was just not working, and saw there is a big bulb in the housing, but couldn't figure out how to turn it on. I looked at my owners manual on my phone, and I could only ever see reference to the high beam when talking about the EXC. When I got home, I took the light off and looked around, and I don't see a way to turn it on. Maybe the dealer didn't hook it up correctly when they put the horn on to make it street legal? Please don't tell me that KTM have just used the same head light assembly as the EXC, and there is no way to turn that big light on. Why not just ship the XCW with a number plate with some reflective tape? It's probably put out more light than the stocker...
rtadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:24 AM   #240
empedrado
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Central NM
Oddometer: 350
It is one and the same light between the two models. To get the high beam (not like there really is that much more light) to work you need to add a two or three position switch and add a lead to the connector to the light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtadlock View Post
Is it my imagination, or is there no way to turn on the "high beam" on the xcw? Two nights ago I commuted to work on the bike, and on the way home I had to ride in the dark. The light is so dim, I couldn't really ride by it, and I'm not even sure it could be used as a sufficient running light. I pulled off to have a look as I figured it was just not working, and saw there is a big bulb in the housing, but couldn't figure out how to turn it on. I looked at my owners manual on my phone, and I could only ever see reference to the high beam when talking about the EXC. When I got home, I took the light off and looked around, and I don't see a way to turn it on. Maybe the dealer didn't hook it up correctly when they put the horn on to make it street legal? Please don't tell me that KTM have just used the same head light assembly as the EXC, and there is no way to turn that big light on. Why not just ship the XCW with a number plate with some reflective tape? It's probably put out more light than the stocker...
empedrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014