User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #11
The Bigfella OP
Big Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,356
Sorry SJ.... I've been meaning to, honest. I went through some pretty thin internet areas, but I've got plenty uploaded to work with now. Just need to find somewhere cool to sit.

Speaking of sitting... ata asked about how long people here can work like that... squatting on their haunches... seemingly forever. They all do it, young and old. They are damn flexible and damn fit.

Things are winding down a bit at this end. I'm in Siem Reap, which is where I'll leave the 525 for a few months. I need to be home by the start of December, as the missus goes in for her second hip replacement. I think I need to say something about her dedication here. She is a school teacher and she's struggled through this year in a lot of pain because she wouldn't desert her classes for a few months. Dedication above and beyond, methinks.

The 525 needs some bits replaced too. Its in pain....

Still, its got me here. I'll post up the ride from Phnom Penh to here later. I took a few detours to get away from the main roads. I still need to do the baa baa tourist thing and get out to Angkor Wat. I've seen it before, two years ago and I reckon I'll see it again when I come back to ride the Cardamoms.

In the meantime... for your sensory pleasure... how's this one?

And let me introduce you to Cambodia's newest adventure rider. Chin Chin is but 8 weeks old. That's her dad, who will be minding the 525 for me.

I've told him in no uncertain terms that it will NOT be in their room with them. There's 4 of them living in the one room... and I'll take the risk on it being outside... with a big chain on it.

I'm on a flight out of here on Nov 1... back to the SE in Chiang Mai. I want to ride the Mae Hong Son loop, with its 1864 corners (I've done the bottom half of it already). I need to get transport for the bike sorted, either by ship or plane out of Bangkok.... should be home by Dec 1.

Update later. Its my mate's day off today, so I might ask him to help me with an oil change and sourcing a chain and cover. I'm so nice eh?

Ride through Oz and Asia
The Bigfella is offline   Reply With Quote