Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #61
johned
green noob

Oddometer: 41
Owwwwwww! Now there is a salient point to clear up.

Please do that for me. I have had no luck researching that info. But, both these companies have at least a "good" reputation. My decision was based on customer service and report. WnS is headquartered in Portland and I tell them the same thing I tell all the merchants-- "you don't have to be cheaper, just close. I try to buy local" and at least made in USA. I ride a Triumph, by the way, so there is some flex in my commitment.

John
johned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #62
thetable
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs42sport View Post
I think you have them backwards
Last I read, Gerbing was moving (trying to move) production back stateside. Odd that they don't make any mention of it on their site though.
thetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:51 AM   #63
Laconic
Gaulded

Oddometer: 15,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetable View Post
Last I read, Gerbing was moving (trying to move) production back stateside. Odd that they don't make any mention of it on their site though.
They have moved to Stoneville, NC, about 20 miles from here.

AFAIK
Laconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #64
Spummerr
Voyager

Oddometer: 32
Backwards? How ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs42sport View Post
I think you have them backwards
Spummerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:20 AM   #65
Spummerr
Voyager

Not made local. Gear is made overseas Pakistan, China

Quote:
Originally Posted by johned View Post
Owwwwwww! Now there is a salient point to clear up.

Please do that for me. I have had no luck researching that info. But, both these companies have at least a "good" reputation. My decision was based on customer service and report. WnS is headquartered in Portland and I tell them the same thing I tell all the merchants-- "you don't have to be cheaper, just close. I try to buy local" and at least made in USA. I ride a Triumph, by the way, so there is some flex in my commitment.

John
Old 10-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #66
daesimps
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
For those of you in the UK there's a group buy going on for Gerbing's XR12 gloves. RRP is 159.99 and if we get enough buyers they'll go down to 99. They're currently at 109.99.

The buy expires at 12:00 (lunch time) on 27/10/2012.

The link is http://www.buyapowa.com/ref/oVsLOd

Hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting but thought it timely and appropriate. I have no connection whatsoever with any involved parties and just thought it was a good price.
daesimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #67
Advntr
Dilbert

Oddometer: 433
Warm n Safe

Warms is safe when riding and the Warm n Safe gear is excellent. A1!
Wonderful gear. 3000 plus miles 42-80 degrees with the jacket/gloves and dual remote. What a treat.

I sent the ultimate touring gloves back and got the liners and I am much happier with the liners. I have a lot of wind protection plus I do not like a lot of bulk in the gloves. The tgp rainier jacket does not require a long glove.

Don't forget the adv discount with warm n safe and the outstanding customer service.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #68
bob393 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 387
So now I have used the jacket liner and gloves with the dual zone remote controller twice and I must say what a treat!

The jacket liner at about one third setting was comfortable at 70 mph but when I slowed down or stopped I must say it
was to hot. The gloves were toasty. It was in the low 50'd F that day. I used the gloves alone with a different jacket, I got the long cables also, and I didn't think they got hot enough for a ride to work one morning until I realized that without the controller I was on the default setting, again one third power if I remember. That ride was in the high 30's F.

So far I must say I'm impressed!

This is one of those pieces of equipment that everyone says you should have but you don't listen. Than when you get
it you wonder why you waited so long? So I'm thinking my days of stopping and holding onto the cylinder trying to
warm up my hands up is over.

I hope!
Old 10-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #69
johned
green noob

Spummerr,

Not to pick on you. I would expect this from anyone:

Stating that WarmNSafe is a foreign made product when in fact it is Made In the USA is a sort of defamation of character. You need to set the record straight for yours and theirs sake. Perhaps in a separate thread. You get a very wide read here, world wide actually, and while the forum is not "Made in the USA" it seems to have a real concern with truth in advertising and providing valid information to the members and public. Maybe some would not make a purchase if the item was made in the USA. That has to be possible, in theory at least.

Certainly do appreciate your participation and congrats on getting a product you enjoy and that is functioning for you.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spummerr View Post
Gerbings is the way to go. Their customer service & products can't be beat.

And they're made in the USA.

Warm & Safe gear is made in Pakistan & socks made in China

Gerbing has a Lifetime warranty to WITH NO HASSELS!! A BIG PLUS!!
Old 10-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #70
thetable
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johned View Post
Spummerr,

Not to pick on you. I would expect this from anyone:
I challenge you both to provide pictures of the garment tags in question. I can find no statement of origin or manufacturer on either companies site.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #71
twasp
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
heated gear

I find that the Warm n Safe is heated all over and that the high output 105 watt model is very warm. I also have a pair of the Gerbings heated pants liners. They have areas of heated wire on the fronts of the thighs and the lower leg that are warm. But everwhere else is unheated. The thigh areas heat is good, the lower leg heating area was almost undetectable to me. 30-40-degree ride.
Aerostich tech2 liner has a much lower watt draw and is not very warm even in the insulated jacket.
Gerbings T5 gloves are not very warm. They must be a european stlyle, the gauntlets are very tight and only fit under a jacket and not over the tops of the sleeves.
The amount of heat from the Warm n Safe was a pleasant revelation to me.
twasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #72
johned
green noob

Table,

It isn't for me to spring into rebuttal action when another says "you haven't provided proof". Back in history, the Brits had an attitude of "I said it and that is true till you prove me wrong". They are sort of arrogant, in that regard. It was the "ever vexed with an inferiority complex Germans" that started Foot Notes that would verify a point or facts expressed in the text. Lets share this adventure: you find where W&S isn't made domestic and I will take on the other not being made foreign...or vice versa. I don't feel any obligation with this but I will offer anyway.

Thanks for your comment and observation. Everything sold domestic MUST state the nation of manufacturer. Did you know that there is a city in Japan named Usa? So look closely.

John
Old 10-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #73
Spummerr
Voyager

Here Ya Go. ALL warm & safe clothing is made overseas. First picture is Gloves, Second Socks, Third Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetable View Post
I challenge you both to provide pictures of the garment tags in question. I can find no statement of origin or manufacturer on either companies site.

Spummerr screwed with this post 10-30-2012 at 09:25 AM
Old 10-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #74
Spummerr
Voyager

Warm & Safe pants only have heat on the front to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twasp View Post
I find that the Warm n Safe is heated all over and that the high output 105 watt model is very warm. I also have a pair of the Gerbings heated pants liners. They have areas of heated wire on the fronts of the thighs and the lower leg that are warm. But everwhere else is unheated. The thigh areas heat is good, the lower leg heating area was almost undetectable to me. 30-40-degree ride.
Aerostich tech2 liner has a much lower watt draw and is not very warm even in the insulated jacket.
Gerbings T5 gloves are not very warm. They must be a european stlyle, the gauntlets are very tight and only fit under a jacket and not over the tops of the sleeves.
The amount of heat from the Warm n Safe was a pleasant revelation to me.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #75
thetable
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spummerr View Post
Here Ya Go. ALL warm & safe clothing is made overseas. First picture is Gloves, Second Socks, Third Liner
Bravo, thank you sir!