Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #16
woofer2609
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mac View Post
I too apologise if it came across as a slight, it defintely was not I wish nothing but the best for our brother. I am not with out my mistakes but as was said lets think twice when it comes to our gear. Its the only thing that has a chance of helping.
I hound the guys I ride with about their 1/2 helmets.
Is there a paypal account set up?
Cheers
Agreed! I can't donate through the Everribbon site wit a Canadian CC
woofer2609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #17
swann
Just practicing...

Oddometer: 273
Cry

I tried to find some updates on Trevor's condition.

http://www.behindbarsmotorcycle.com/...-by-drunk.html
Felicia FoxSeptember 14, 2012 7:31 PM
Hello,
I'm Trevor's girlfriend; I wanted to thank you for taking time out to write about Trevor and thanks to everyone for all the prayers and positive vibes sent his way. Trevor defiantly lives life to the fullest. You're right he wasn't wearing a helmet or gear. He will argue the pros, cons, and statistics for hours. He did wear it more so on his trips, but as long as he is happy so am I. He absolutely loved riding. He was planning on doing the East Coast here in just a few weeks. An update on his progress is that he is making baby steps, which is all that I ask of him. He got the okay from the docs today to be moved to a step down room from this part of the ICU. I can't wait for the moment where our son (dog), Kaibab, gets excited at the door because he hears Trevor's motorcycle then Trevor asks me to take his final picture at the house and starts telling me all about another great adventure.
-Felicia

http://arkansasmatters.com/sportsful...?nxd_id=586212
Family Says Discharge Comes Too Soon for Man in Coma
By: Jocelyn Tovar, KARK 4 NEWS
Updated: September 16, 2012
It was at the Levy exit of I-40 in North Little Rock earlier this month that Trevor Ware, 28 -- an avid motorcyclist -- was struck by an alleged drunk driver, dragged under his car and left on the side of the road. Trevor's mother, Pamela Ware, has been by her son's side ever since. This Friday she finally got some good news: Trevor was being moved out of the intensive care unit. His mother said far from stable, they anticipated him being in his new standard hospital room for an extended period -- until she got some surprising news Sunday. "Let us know there were discharge orders for him," she said. Doctors had told her Trevor was suffering from complications from the accident like pneuomnia and possibly menengitis, so she never expected these discharge orders so soon. "I'm not a doctor, but just what I see visually -- the level of care he needs -- I'm very concerned," said Pamela. Adding to the stress, she said, because it's a weekend, there's no one around to answer her questions. "It's just very upsetting," she said. They've been relying on friends and family -- even strangers for support. Since Trevor doesn't have insurance, a website for donations has been set up and a charity concert planned for October 5th. "I have a lot of faith that Trevor's fighting hard. He's very strong," she said. "We're asking for prayers." We reached out to UAMS, but like the Ware family, we were told we have to wait until Monday for any comment. The man charged in this accident, Nathan Ray, is out on bond for charges of aggravated assault and leaving the scene. If you would like to leave a donation for Trevor Ware: click here

http://arkansasmatters.com/fulltext?nxd_id=588712
Small Signs Of Improvement From Motorcyclist Left In Coma
By: Jocelyn Tovar, KARK 4 NEWS
Updated: September 23, 2012
Trevor Ware's longtime girlfriend, Felicia Fox, said he's largely overcome the pneumonia and road rash he suffered during the accident. Originally, Ware was being discharged from the hospital, his family said much too soon. While he's been able to stay longer, his family said they are still struggling with where he will go to recover in the long run. "It's exhausting having to worry about things I shouldn't have to worry about," said Fox. "My main focus should be on Trevor and encouraging him to get better." Making the situation even more upsetting, Ware's father died when he was four from a head injury after an accident while he was working.

Believe you can and you're halfway there. ~ Theodore Roosevelt
swann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #18
GSF1200S
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 975
Any more news on Trevor? Im really hoping he makes a full recovery- I swear its safer riding in the dirt with all its madness than riding on the streets with these drivers!
GSF1200S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #19
AustinJake
TE450-KLE-FXDWG

Oddometer: 3,643

Old 10-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #20
Montek
Eternal Noob

Oddometer: 958
more

Ya, we all want to know more about Trevor - is he awake, is he comprehending family and friends. Motor skills coming back!!! or just basicly, is he talking and how is his attitude. If someone is watching this, tell him WE ALL are concerned, and that our prayers, karma, luck, best wishes, whatever it takes, - is thrown his direction for recovery!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #21
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montek View Post
If someone is watching this, tell him WE ALL are concerned, and that our prayers, karma, luck, best wishes, whatever it takes, - is thrown his direction for recovery!!!!!!
/\ Yes This /\
very well said
airborndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #22
WayFar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
I hope this guy gets some years in the clink. He really should, given his history.

1973 FL
2006 Uly
WayFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #23
Montek
Eternal Noob

Word

Any word on Trevor and how he is progressing.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #24
swann
Just practicing...

Oddometer: 273
I don't know Trevor but just found an update on him. He's in stable condition but the guy that hit him, well, the link says it:
http://www.todaysthv.com/news/articl...ads-not-guilty

Believe you can and you're halfway there. ~ Theodore Roosevelt
swann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:01 AM   #25
Herkmech
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Get well young man

I hope this is just a bump in your road of life and you are able to make light of it in a future literary work.
Get well
Herkmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #26
Mr. Vintage
Family Dude

Oddometer: 841
+1, get well Trevor.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #27
Montek
Eternal Noob

news

Any updates on Trevor out there AustinJake you heard anything
Monte
Old 10-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #28
JLeather
Bike Butcherer

Oddometer: 291
I dont know if I'd call his condition "stable" yet myself. Here's a thread on another forum that is girlfriend updates regularly:

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=112595.0

He's still in a coma, moving his head a little, still has a fever (infection). Definitely not outta the woods yet.
JLeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #29
mach1charlie
To old to fall off

Oddometer: 26
The picture of the young man and his dog, brings me to tears.
mach1charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #30
madeouttaglass
The AntiHarley

Oddometer: 3,108
The link provided this:

Re: B.O.X.N.I.F.E. needs our help
Reply #118 on: November 20, 2012, 08:53:39 am
I thought I'd pass this along, since I know not everyone is a facebooker. Trevor's mother posted the following last night:

"Trevor update. I thought it might help if I describe Trevor's condition a little. His primary injury is his head injury which left him in a coma after the accident. He also had a punctured bowel (about 30 stiches)and some slight fractures on his right femur, left eye socket, and lower back in addition to alot of road rash. All of the injuries except the brain injury have healed. The subdural hematoma was treated with surgery but the reason he is still in a coma state has to do with the shearing injury to his brain. That causes the "connectors" in your brain to stretch. Sometimes the connections reconnect and sometimes they move and make new connections. This type of injury takes alot of time to heal generally and it's hard to say what will come back on its own, what will make new pathways and what won't come back. We know that Trevor is healing steadily and have faith that he will make an amazing recovery. Coma recovery happens in stages and Trevor is at the minimally conscious level which means he opens his eyes spontaneously, has sleep/wake cycles, follows commands slowly and in-consistently, follows objects/people with his eyes, makes purposeful movements and reacts more specifically to what he sees and hears. The most commonly used coma scale (The Rancho Level of Cognitive Functioning) has eight levels. Trevor is somewhere between level three and four. Hopefully this will help explain what we mean by coma and will help everyone say some specific prayers for his healing. We need the shearing injury to heal and his reticular activating system to fully function (the area of the brain that controls the function of consciousness.) We're so thankful to everyone who is praying for and helping Trevor. I'll keep the updates coming. God Bless!"

Escape from NY- http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=955520
madeouttaglass is offline   Reply With Quote