Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2012, 07:24 AM   #1
Taelan28 OP
Thunder

Oddometer: 60
Stuff to irk you.

I was at the ducati dealer asking questions to the owner. He was as helpful as a guy who counts money could be. He was nice too, but some of the things he said kind of irked me.

We were discussing motorcyles (of course) and he said people who ride harleys are riding toys. They cant turn, they're slow, and useless pieces of flash. I should believe him because he rode a harley for 15 years and now he never wants to ride it again... actually that didnt irk me, but i thought it was funny.

What did irk me was later on he was praising European made bikes. They are a work of science that americans cannot manufacture. (maybe he meant dont manufacture as his english was iffy). He said that the harleys were pretty much the same parts as my daelim daystar in terms of quality. Now I really dont know jack shit about motorcycles compared to you guys, but I dont think HD would sell bikes at the price they do and use some dog shit parts.

Even the mirrors on the ducati were tested to have 0% distortion whereas a harley would have 19%... Its an effin mirror, there's not much science or technology involved in making a flat reflective surface.

This Panigale is made from science (ok my memory might be taking liberty with what he meant at this point), this carbon fiber, is all the highest quality material (implying it such material can only be european). Chinese, american and Korean companies can make a motorcycle but they cannot create a comprehensive high perfomance machine with such design and materials. You see this plastic on the panigale? Its dupont plastic specially made for this bike.... Really dude? Americans are unable to design such a bike but an american company supplies the material for it.

I hate on my home nation of America more than most, and to be fair again this guy wasn't directly hating on America, so much as he made it come off as American companies have not and are incapable of producing such a fine bike which is a sneaky way of dispensing the haterade. I gotta question this guy's intelligence. American companies produce software and CPUs the world uses, our passenger jets fly all over the world. The world relies on our GPS systems, which used out rockets to get into space. An american discovered/invented carbon fiber and then refined it to be a viable material decades ago. And just to be clear I dont think American products are superior, my point is that developed nations are equally capable of developing high end machines, and further, not fully developed nations such as india and thailand are capable of manufacturing them.
Taelan28 is offline   Reply With Quote